Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Xenon™

Votes: 120 35.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
I do get tired of voting for second place in these polls: Eight Ball Deluxe, Seawitch, Paragon...

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
are we mice or men! paragon! that art team better onock out a good one

the laragon party thanks you, just doo ett youll like it son

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Xenon should not be on here. Its manufacture date was not until late 1980. Project date (which is 11/26/79) says nothing more to me than that's when, according to Bally records, money was being devoted to this game. Doesn't mean that's the date that Greg Kmiec started thinking about the layout or concept. Just the audio of the game alone makes it very different than any of the other games listed on here (even Flash and Time Warp) and gives it, IMO, an unfair advantage. This is especially true in the case of those who have not played most, if not all, of these games in real life.

F*ck, Paragon is a WAY better player than Xenon and has much more lastibility. Xenon is gorgeous looking pin with no better than average gameplay. For me, even the real thing wouldn't last long in my house. That's why I bought an old, well used, playfield that I have hanging next to my games. Pretty to look at but not much more.

My pick: Fireball, because it deserves it. Sits at the top of many "best EM" lists. A superb and super hard player that keeps you coming back for more.

A very good point. Well deserved to be in TPA, and soon!

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
I remember back in the 90's Eight Ball Deluxe and Royal Flush were the best PC pinball games made......hard to believe we haven't gotten them in Pinball Arcade yet, I bet they'd both sell to lots of people who remember them.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I remember back in the 90's Eight Ball Deluxe and Royal Flush were the best PC pinball games made......hard to believe we haven't gotten them in Pinball Arcade yet, I bet they'd both sell to lots of people who remember them.

Of course they would. It also amazes me that they haven't been reproduced in TPA. Beautiful AND FUN tables.

Rollergoalie16

Dec 25, 2012
At 45 years old, I have played every one of the tables listed in this poll. Many are near and dear to my heart and I would love to see many of them made for TPA. Unfortunately I feel the nature of this poll is flawed as it seems we are going to miss out on the chance to get a legit PRE 1980 table in favor of one that shouldn't even be included in the vote. Having owned a Xenon, I don't really understand the craze for the table personally. It is a gorgeous pin to look at and listen to, but when you strip that away and look at what the playfield layout offers and limited shots available, many will realize that Xenon is a one trick pony, that being the tube shot. Yes it's cool for the first few times, but there is such little skill in making that incredibly easy signature shot that it just becomes boring after awhile. I voted Paragon based on the fact that it is a much more entertaining game with ten times the shot making and playfield variety than that of Xenon. Even Future Spa is a wonderful playing pin, but I fear just a tad to obscure of a title for it to be in contention here among much younger players who have never had the chance to play it. Hopefully Paragon will gather enough votes for FS to see it deserves to be released on TPA.

WarAxe

Oct 26, 2014
Paragon!

Xenon is not a pre-1980 table... it began manufacture in late 1980. Paragon in mid-1979. :p

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
As much as Xenon would have normally gotten my vote, I went with Fireball. I had a chance to play one, and where normally I hate those tiny flippers, it became a whole new game once they moved in on each other, hence the 'zipper flippers'. Throw in the spinning disk, it becomes a lot more fun than your typical EM.

The only other EM that remotely interested me was Joker Poker, which looked way better than Royal Flush or 1776. I've played Paragon, and to me it's just another table of frustration that would remind people of Genie..
Joker Pokers are mostly SS and have different and better rules than the few EMs. Paragon is similar to Genie indeed.

I voted for Fireball because of better chances in the poll than Royal Flush.

D

dmarcoot2

some fine art work on Centrigrade 37. I love that style. Paragon and xeon also look beautiful. The only tables on that list I have seen or played are Spirit of 76 and Fireball.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I wanted Fireball, but Xenon...

Oh well. (Hey Farsight, might want to look into tap-passes...)

EDIT: According to the IPDB, Xenon was made beginning on November 26, 1979. So it does qualify. http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2821

EDIT #2: ...but the Date of manufacture was one year later. I'm not sure why it's in the poll.

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I hope we still get 1 EM for seasons 4 & 5, but I fear this poll is for the "EM" slot. I think Farsight should make Xenon based on the vote turn out for it, but remove it from this poll and allow those who chose it to vote again for a legit pre 1980 machine. If any Farsight employee sees this, can you please confirm that we are to expect an actual EM in season 4 & 5 or are you considering anything pre 1980 an "EM"? The last EMs were produced in '77 by Gottlieb and all other manufactures switched to SS before if Im not mistaken.

StrakaC

Oct 29, 2012
I hope we still get 1 EM for seasons 4 & 5, but I fear this poll is for the "EM" slot. I think Farsight should make Xenon based on the vote turn out for it, but remove it from this poll and allow those who chose it to vote again for a legit pre 1980 machine. If any Farsight employee sees this, can you please confirm that we are to expect an actual EM in season 4 & 5 or are you considering anything pre 1980 an "EM"? The last EMs were produced in '77 by Gottlieb and all other manufactures switched to SS before if Im not mistaken.
Where did FS claim this poll being an EM? They just stated pre-1980. I went with Xenon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts