Votes: 162 45.3%

• Total voters

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
images

ThePinballFan

Jan 3, 2015
The iron sheik isn't dead.

I know he is still alive and that is a good thing.
I prefer him this way no doubt.
Thought that "the late" was a phrase, like old, not in his prime.
Wrong? I don't know, because english is not my mother tongue, so forgive me please.
By the way I saw him live wrestle as Colonel Mustafa vs Hacksaw Jim Duggan at the European Rampage Tour 91' in Germany.
Funniest match on the match card, Sheik was waving the Iranian flag and most of the time he used the microphone for insulting the crowd/USA and Duggan.
He was really good at getting cheap heat.
"On Topic" is the Vote over?
Already 6 o'clock in the morning in good old Europe.

Last edited:

Mokidog

Dec 27, 2014
For all those bringing up "decency" issues regarding either Paragon or Xenon, I hope it's a thinly veiled rouse to sway Far Sight one way or another on offering which you prefer.
I hope in this day and age, a robotic/alien-like woman wearing a Jane Fonda 1980's style leotard type thing going oh, oh, ah ah, ah.....wouldn't make anyone go off the deep end. Conversely, I hope, were a lion to jump out of nowhere and try to attack a relaxing young lady, they WOULD slay it with a handy dagger! I certainly respect anyone wanting to shield their children from truly inappropriate material and their definition of inappropriate IS up to them. Further I completely empathize with anyone having traumatic incidents in their past. However, we are talking about pinball machines from the 1980's. Most kids are sneaking in games of Grand Theft Auto, not looking to get a quick fix of Paragon/Xenon......just saying.....

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I know he is still alive and that is a good thing.
I prefer him this way no doubt.
Thought that "the late" was a phrase, like old, not in his prime.
Wrong? I don't know, because english is not my mother tongue, so forgive me please.
By the way I saw him live wrestle as Colonel Mustafa vs Hacksaw Jim Duggan at the European Rampage Tour 91' in Germany.
Funniest match on the match card, Sheik was waving the Iranian flag and most of the time he used the microphone for insulting the crowd/USA and Duggan.
He was really good at getting cheap heat.
"On Topic" is the Vote over?
Already 6 o'clock in the morning in good old Europe.

Late is a term that references people that are deceased. No worries. It doesn't make much sense of a word in English either. I guess people are afraid to say dead and want to make it sound less awful than it is.

The poll has ended though. I guess it is late as well.

jazzman

May 30, 2013
I've been asking for EMs on the Facebook page since day one, but always got shot down by a bunch of people who absolutely hated these but probably never even played one in real life. Because of this type of comments, Farsight gave up on releasing the remaining tables on the PHOF (Ace High, Jive Time) because they thought no one would want them. We could have had two classic pins as bonus tables for free, had this not been spoiled by the negativity of the outspoken few who do not neccesarily represent the majority, as Farsight always seem to think.

I've loved pinball all my life and spent many, many hours and hard earned cash playing the 'old' tables of the 60's/70's/80's and I can't believe that anyone who claims to the love the game can say that EMs are boring and crap. They ARE what pinball is all about! It's fine to say that you prefer 90's tables tables over EM's or vice versa, because everyone will have different tastes, but for TPA fans to have 'hate' tendencies towards the classic pins every time the topic comes up is quite amazing.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I believe EMs in TPA will sell because the core customer base who love the game will buy all that's released (including less popular tables like LCA and Goin' Nuts). Plus it will attract others who may not be particularly attracted to DMDs and fancy toys. I hope that this last fiasco of a Poll will make Farsight finally realize that there is an appetite for older tables and that they need to balance out the newer tables with the old to add much needed variety and introduce the classics to later generations who unfortunately never had the chance to experience them.

Gaston

Jan 9, 2015
Because of this type of comments, Farsight gave up on releasing the remaining tables on the PHOF (Ace High, Jive Time) because they thought no one would want them. We could have had two classic pins as bonus tables for free,
But we never got any table for free as a bonus

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I've been asking for EMs on the Facebook page since day one, but always got shot down by a bunch of people who absolutely hated these but probably never even played one in real life. Because of this type of comments, Farsight gave up on releasing the remaining tables on the PHOF (Ace High, Jive Time) because they thought no one would want them. We could have had two classic pins as bonus tables for free, had this not been spoiled by the negativity of the outspoken few who do not neccesarily represent the majority, as Farsight always seem to think.

I've loved pinball all my life and spent many, many hours and hard earned cash playing the 'old' tables of the 60's/70's/80's and I can't believe that anyone who claims to the love the game can say that EMs are boring and crap. They ARE what pinball is all about! It's fine to say that you prefer 90's tables tables over EM's or vice versa, because everyone will have different tastes, but for TPA fans to have 'hate' tendencies towards the classic pins every time the topic comes up is quite amazing.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I believe EMs in TPA will sell because the core customer base who love the game will buy all that's released (including less popular tables like LCA and Goin' Nuts). Plus it will attract others who may not be particularly attracted to DMDs and fancy toys. I hope that this last fiasco of a Poll will make Farsight finally realize that there is an appetite for older tables and that they need to balance out the newer tables with the old to add much needed variety and introduce the classics to later generations who unfortunately never had the chance to experience them.

It would also be smart of Farsight to throw in at least one EM per season just to have more even balanced seasons. If they do all the DMD/SS pins first and save the EM's for later, they are killing themselves faster in the process. They call themselves Farsight, but their decsions often seem very shortsighted.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014

Farsight disagrees with you.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
So the poll is closed now? Xenon won by 13 votes? Cool.

However, having looked at the Paragon table more closely, it does appear to be very fascinating and unique. I wouldn't mind having both.

Then Paragon should be done for TPA because it is not a lewd table and Xenon would be the first lascivious table in TPA.

It is one table I won't play because I don't want to look at this image.(click image) I want to look at breasts and bodies that are sensually clad. Like both Elvira tables and POTO.

This is my last pitch for Paragon. I've know this for years that hormones will beat sensibility all the time.

I'm not quoting this post to stir up controversy, but simply illustrating that the "art" critiques are getting a little old. Study's have also shown that hyper-realistic violence is far more damaging than occasional T&A.

I think it's a sign of the times. From the late 60s to the early 80s, sexuality was everywhere in America. There are many instances of bare breasts in PG movies prior to the mid-80s inception of the PG-13 rating. Just look at Jane Fonda's stunning performance in Barbarella: Queen of the Galaxy. So provocative yet totally innocent at the same time. They even gave it a PG rating so somebody thought it must be safe enough for the kiddos to watch! :eek:

Also there are countless pinball tables with tits showing on the playfield, marquee, or backglass, covered or not. Many have nips showing through the clothing, which IMO is far more revealing than a bare-chested demoness or alien. Boobs are everywhere, whether they are covered or not, or highly stylized or grossly exaggerated. Men are depicted in a similar fasion, stylized bodies with bulging muscles and occasionally a bulging speedos as well.

I wonder if MontanaFrank also dislikes Bride of Pinbot, which IMO is a "one trick pony" with an almost identical level of sexy feminine android vibe to it. One of my favorite tables as well, I might add... :cool:

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Can't remember how old I was, but my dad tried to cover up the eyes of my brother and I. (Funnily enough, it was for Starship troopers). Well it didn't work, and I saw the boobies. I turned out ok though.
http://youtu.be/cFL7kDo7rLw

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Can't remember how old I was, but my dad tried to cover up the eyes of my brother and I. (Funnily enough, it was for Starship troopers). Well it didn't work, and I saw the boobies. I turned out ok though.
http://youtu.be/cFL7kDo7rLw
Decent movie. I watched it for the first time while browsing free movies on Comcast Video on Demand last year. There's a couple brief T&A scenss in it. You're probably a lot younger than I am, LOL!

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Unfortunately I didn't get squeezed out until the mid 80s. Which really sucks. Look at all those pins I missed out on. All the more reason why I want FS to recreate them ALL! haha. That's still weird about starship troopers. It's one of those timeline things that doesn't seem right in my head. My dad wasn't that bad with the censoring. I think it was just out of instinct, and being caught off guard. I don't really remember anything about ST. Just shooting alien buggies. Didn't even realise NPH was in it. I'm pretty stoked about it to be honest. I'm sure it's way better than Paragon. JK

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Unfortunately I didn't get squeezed out until the mid 80s. Which really sucks. Look at all those pins I missed out on. All the more reason why I want FS to recreate them ALL! haha. That's still weird about starship troopers. It's one of those timeline things that doesn't seem right in my head. My dad wasn't that bad with the censoring. I think it was just out of instinct, and being caught off guard. I don't really remember anything about ST. Just shooting alien buggies. Didn't even realise NPH was in it. I'm pretty stoked about it to be honest. I'm sure it's way better than Paragon. JK
'81 baby here LOL! My parents were very frugal and didn't believe in spending money at the arcades, so I missed out on most of it. I used to watch other people play though and dream they were my quarters. I begged my parents every year for a Nintendo, and every year I got legos. Then in fall 2002, when I was 21 years old, after my dad passed away, we were cleaning out the garage and found a complete in box NES action set in there. I was like holy ****!

Turns out my mom finally bought one to give me when I became a teenager, then packed it away in the garage and forgot about it. I went berserk buying up old games at Game-X-Change and the rest is history. Now I've got like all the Nintendo consoles from NES & Game Boy to 3DS & Wii-U, as well as Atari 2600, 7800, Genesis, Turbo, PS3, Ouya...

I enjoy playing pinball but they're nigh impossible to find in the wild. I also enjoy 8- and 16-bit pinball sims as well. TPA, Zen, Retro, I love 'em all, but TPA on my Ouya got me addicted! ;D

Last edited:

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012

As much as I love pinball. I just can't stand older tables. I could never get into Big Shot, Central Park, Or even Genie for that matter. Mostly any table that has single ball play. (Gorgar included) Ideally maybe if Frontier was released which is a lesser known table and possibly more nostalgia for me. Frontier was the very first table that I ever played and recall just racking up replays galore after school with friends. Then Black Knight came out and never looked back to non Multi-ball tables anymore.

If Big shot Central Park and other tables with single ball play came out by themselves I would not buy them at all unless they were bundled with other tables or season passes were a bit cheaper. (picked up S2 for $15) Goin' nuts is ok maybe not the best but it had Multi-ball and it was interesting I thought. LCA well I think it's the worst of S3 but It has Multi-ball.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
As much as I love pinball. I just can't stand older tables. I could never get into Big Shot, Central Park, Or even Genie for that matter. Mostly any table that has single ball play. (Gorgar included)

That would include some System 11 games like Cyclone and Bad Cats. :(

(I think Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball, which I've never played, was the last pinball I know of with no multiball. That one has a deservedly awful reputation. But Cyclone is really fun and likely to make it in TPA, and I've heard Bad Cats is kind of fun too.)

Nolan

Jan 19, 2014
As much as I love pinball. I just can't stand older tables. I could never get into Big Shot, Central Park, Or even Genie for that matter. Mostly any table that has single ball play. (Gorgar included) Ideally maybe if Frontier was released which is a lesser known table and possibly more nostalgia for me. Frontier was the very first table that I ever played and recall just racking up replays galore after school with friends. Then Black Knight came out and never looked back to non Multi-ball tables anymore.

If Big shot Central Park and other tables with single ball play came out by themselves I would not buy them at all unless they were bundled with other tables or season passes were a bit cheaper. (picked up S2 for $15) Goin' nuts is ok maybe not the best but it had Multi-ball and it was interesting I thought. LCA well I think it's the worst of S3 but It has Multi-ball.

I agree, I didnt mind it so much when the older tables were bundles with newer ones, but now that its one a month I cant help but think Ill end up feeling short changed by older EMs.

That wasnt my era either, I was of the late 80's early 90's arcade generation.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.