Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Always for modes

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Usually for Score - if I'm chasing Goals for example I'll go for necessary modes (unless of course the Goal is "Score x Points").

Also some tables the default "score lots of points" option is boring as heck (see Earthshaker center ramp, et al.) so I'll mix things up a bit.

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
Yeah, I forgot about goals :rolleyes:

But in my defence they're not fundamental to pinball, they're an added extra - and generally are either score or mode based.

Plus they're limited - once you've got them you've got them. The satisfaction of starting a tricky mode, or beating a high score, is infinitely repeatable.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Totally depends on the table, and for my favorite tables I have personal “win” scenarios. For Firepower I consider it a minor victory if I last long enough to get it to say “you won one mission;” a major victory is topping a million. Monster Bash, all I care about is getting a full-set of instruments and I couldn’t care less about points. Big Shot, I just use the 250,000 points as my victory goal. And so on.

I'm more about modes and personal goals unless, of course, I'm on a freakishly good first ball and then I'm all about the points.

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
OK, so who voted none of the above..?

Intriguing. I only put that in for completeness.

So what do you play for? Wrist exercise? Black Knight 2000's theme music, maybe? :p

L

libellule

OK, so who voted none of the above..?

Intriguing. I only put that in for completeness.

So what do you play for? Wrist exercise? Black Knight 2000's theme music, maybe? :p

i did. i play for the flow.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Mostly modes. Score chases can become boring, and I'm not good enough to make a dent leaderboard wise. But if I can Rule the Universe, Battle the Kingdom or get the three multiballs in BSD going, I'm happy.

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
libellule: Good answer!

:cool:

Fungi: I know what you mean - I reckon I'd be more interested in score if I wasn't shockingly bad at getting it...

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Usually for score.

For a table, I have a performance ladder, relating my rank in the leaderboard:

- Beyond 1000th = bad
- Between 500-1000th = just OK
- Between 200-500th = good
- Top 200 = achievement
- Top 100 = extremely good
- Top 50 = Awesome
- Top 20 = King of Da World

Most of the time, once I've reached Top 500, then I play mainly to achieve wizard goals. And trying to reach the Top 200 if possible (depends the table).

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
It's different between TPA and real machines. In TPA, always for score. On real machines, usually for modes. I really don't know what my high score on a real STTNG is, but do know I've made Final Frontier about five times including twice in one game.

Members online

Members online