Impossible to hit 100k on spinout saucer on PC?

paljas

Dec 30, 2014
Not filing as bug yet, since for all I know I misinterpreted the table rules; but for me, I cannot seem to hit 100k on the spinout saucer (EDIT: false, see below). It builds up to 75k, or skips the 100k (it does not seem to light up at all at any point) and continues straight to 1k etc. When I hit is such that I think this is it, and it almost seems to tip to 100k, I see the 1k blink for an instance, while the ball is released and I'm awarded the 75k.

Any similar reports?

EDIT: I now *can* hit the 100k, yet behavior still strange.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Plunger strength is very, very, strange in TPA and varies from platform to platform.

I never got it down on Taxi on my PC - it really is highly variable.
On my tablet, it's more predictable, I can usually nail the 100K every time (I'd prefer it if i could nail 25K+Spot Passenger every time, though!)

paljas

Dec 30, 2014
Well on (my) PC it appears 'unnailable'.. it just skips it, you don't even see it light up or blink when it passes it and rolls over. Suppose I'm the only one then.

paljas

Dec 30, 2014
I finally hit the 100k.. by plunging all-out; hits it 50% of the times on my PC.

I still think there's something strange though; in the first half of the range of the plunger, it *seems* to behave monotonic, meaning: the more you extend the plunger, the higher the score. But this holds until and including 75k, and then at some point it will wrap around to 1k, 5k and sometimes 10k, without even lighting the 100k. But when you go all out, it does not wrap around but often simply hits the 100k, other cases stalls at 75k.

Still wierd, but my earlier statement is now false, I *can* hit 100k.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
the plunger is rather unpredictable. it will behave one of two ways on pc. it's possible to hit the 100k on both, but the position is different.

Members online

Members online