iOS - Bug TPA 4.3.1 #1 for iOS

jdoa

Jan 8, 2015
I dont know if this has been posted or not, but the wire just below the left flipper on TOTAN is suppos to give you like a safety bounce back if the ball lands just right, but the ball just goes straight through that wire. I never realised it until i watch the papa tv video of TOTAN and saw the ball bounce on that rail....almost like T2 center post between the flippers

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I bit the bullet and updated to 4.4.1F #2 hoping that at least I would be able to do Remote backup (stopped working after hitting grand champ on POTO) again, but it still doesn't work :( :(

So is my only option to uninstall - reinstall and then remote restore? I don't even know when I had a working remote backup last time. Doesn't local backup work?

This was the only thing that worked for me. I do remember somebody saying that after multiple tries to do a remote backup they lucked out once, so you may want to try to do that and hope for the best. Local backup gets wiped if you uninstall and reinstall I think. Sorry man! I can't believe Farsight doesn't see this as a serious issue!

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I dont know if this has been posted or not, but the wire just below the left flipper on TOTAN is suppos to give you like a safety bounce back if the ball lands just right, but the ball just goes straight through that wire. I never realised it until i watch the papa tv video of TOTAN and saw the ball bounce on that rail....almost like T2 center post between the flippers

Good catch, just remember to send an email about it to support@farsight.com.

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
So I'm not sure if this just an iOS thing or even a bug but I'm going to put it here anyway. Just had a game onCFTBL of 21.7 billion that registered as 1.7 billion. Obviously a problem with not being able to recognize the rollover. Just a little frustrating to say the least.��

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
So I'm not sure if this just an iOS thing or even a bug but I'm going to put it here anyway. Just had a game onCFTBL of 21.7 billion that registered as 1.7 billion. Obviously a problem with not being able to recognize the rollover. Just a little frustrating to say the least.í*½í¸«

I've heard of this on other platforms as well.

An issue with the ROM?

posaune

May 22, 2014
Hi,

I was playing the free table of the month - Bram Stoker's Dracula. It seems that every time I get an extra ball I get a bug.

iOS 8.2 - iPad Air 1

Bug Description: Table asks for initials for high score while the game continues. Also, it when you input your initials for the high score it won't let you continue so you have to force quit the app, hence, my high score doesn't get recorded.

Steps To Reproduce: Bug seems to occur when you get an extra ball. Not 100% sure extra ball is causing this or if it happens consistently. The game seems to be confused and doesn't know I got an extra ball and asks for initials for high score even though the game seems to want to continue. Only way to get out of it is to force quit the app.

Frequency: Seems to be most of the time, especially when I get an extra ball and more so if I get 2 extra balls. Never seems to happen when I play a game all the way through without an extra ball.

Additional Comments: I own seasons 1 & 2 and really love your game, except for the bugs. I totally understand there will always be bugs but most of them I see are major ones that hinder you from playing a certain table. That's not a big deal but several times it took you guys several months to fix any issues. If you want me to purchase more please fix this issues faster because I really want to purchase season 3.

pinballrocks

May 13, 2015
I bit the bullet and updated to 4.4.1F #2 hoping that at least I would be able to do Remote backup (stopped working after hitting grand champ on POTO) again, but it still doesn't work :( :(

So is my only option to uninstall - reinstall and then remote restore? I don't even know when I had a working remote backup last time. Doesn't local backup work?

I had the same problem on my iPad. Luckily I also had the app installed on my iPhone with a fairly current backup, so I used that to overwrite the remote backup and then restore from there to the iPad. It was a bit of a convoluted processed but it worked and I lost minimal data. I agree that it's ridiculous that the local backup gets wiped if you delete the app, though.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I agree that it's ridiculous that the local backup gets wiped if you delete the app, though.
It's impossible to retain your local scores if the app is deleted since deleting the app deletes the data in the app. It may be backed up with an iTunes backup however, but you can't just backup one app. And on top of that, the backup is sometimes NOT 100% complete. If the app developer stores data in a "caches" folder, that folder is NOT backed up, even in iTunes. An iTunes backup requires you to backup the entire device, and then restore the entire device. Not very efficient and not 100% complete.

This is why the Mac/PC file utility apps (iFunBox, iTools, etc) that allowed you to access the iOS file system directly (certain parts, like the apps and their data) were so useful. You could easily backup the app data and even the entire app (and only that app) with *ALL* settings, save games, data, the "caches" folder, etc, intact.

With the introduction of iOS 8.3, these file utilities are now rendered useless to access the app's contents since Apple has blocked access to this type of app data. Apple loves to protect us from ourselves and at the same time, prevent us from having a TRUE backup of our data since iTunes does not backup 100% of this critical app data.

Last edited:

Mairtin

Oct 24, 2014
Hi,

Since the last update in "The Champion Pub" pinball exit/close after launch?
You may have to repair?

Devices: iPad 3 (iOS 8.4) - iPad Mini (iOS 6.1.3)

Thanks,
Mairtin

Last edited:

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I just let Flippy Floppy with (FarSight) know about "Champion Pub" issue.

He asked me if I had ( No Music) on "Diner" and I have no issue there.

The only other thing I noticed is (No Backglass) on "Monster Bash" table.

I'am running IOS 8.2 - iPad 3

I sent all this to Flippy so I'am sure it will be corrected on the next patch or sometime soon.

Update: (I copy and pasted Flippy's responses on these IOS issues)

(Flippy's Response)
That too is going to require a patch which should be for the next release. I believe it's scheduled to release on the 21st.

(Flippy's Response)
That all depends on whether the iOS programmer can get the next table to release on the 21st with the patch.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
(Flippy's Response)
That too is going to require a patch which should be for the next release. I believe it's scheduled to release on the 21st.

(Flippy's Response)
That all depends on whether the iOS programmer can get the next table to release on the 21st with the patch.

So the 28th it is! ;)

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I haven't had the courage to fire up POTO again, anyone who did have the balls?

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I just let Flippy Floppy with (FarSight) know about "Champion Pub" issue.

He asked me if I had ( No Music) on "Diner" and I have no issue there.

The only other thing I noticed is (No Backglass) on "Monster Bash" table.

I'am running IOS 8.2 - iPad 3

I sent all this to Flippy so I'am sure it will be corrected on the next patch or sometime soon.

Update: (I copy and pasted Flippy's responses on these IOS issues)

(Flippy's Response)

(Flippy's Response)
Am I wrong in thinking he also mentioned something about the Facebook link issue being fixed? I'm sure I read it somewhere, but couldn't find it. But anyway, Facebook linking to TPA is still broken on my mini retina iPad (iOS 8.1.2).

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Am I wrong in thinking he also mentioned something about the Facebook link issue being fixed? I'm sure I read it somewhere, but couldn't find it. But anyway, Facebook linking to TPA is still broken on my mini retina iPad (iOS 8.1.2).

The programmer that was looking into it couldn't determine the cause. There is a new programmer looking into the issue.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I fired up POTO this evening on my old iPad 2 to see if recent updates to the main app fixed anything, and got exactly the same behaviour as before: getting the grand champion score messes up the initials, but worse, when updating the score the app crashes to "desktop" and afterwards you can't do a remote backup anymore (this also crashes the app). Only a full reinstall fixes this. I can't believe I'm the only one with this bug on iOS? And it must be tablespecific because it produces this behaviour on different iPads (also iPad Air 2), and through several updates to the main app. I still would really appreciate a fix for this!

dakota81

Dec 19, 2012
Just started playing this game since probably a year or year & a half ago, and there are a few bugs. I have an iphone 4S with the latest ios9.

Any table with extra buttons on the touchscreen, for example Black Knight or Star Trek, every time the main game is opened up on the phone there is a dead-spot in the very lower-right corner of the touchscreen where it doesn't register as you wanting to flip the right flipper. I have to go into the table options and adjust the button positioning setting and then the dead-spot goes away. I can cycle through and return the button positioning value to what it originally was, just the action of cycling through the adjustments eliminates the dead-spot on the touchscreen.

Any table where a ball in play can return back to the plunger, for example bride of pinbot, if a ball goes there during multiball, I lose total control of the flippers until the plunger is pulled and the ball sent back into play. Basically what happens is all other balls drain and I remain with only that one left in play.

Star Trek: occasionally a shot straight up the middle, into the compartment that initiates the start of missions, the ball will travel through and bounce around the back of the table and continues over to the upper-right of the table.

No Good Golphers: about half the times I make the hole-in-one ramp shot, the game doesn't register it as a hole-in-one for the game's progress. Sometimes it treats such a shot as a locked ball just the same as if shooting it below one of the raised ramps. Also on occasion the ball doesn't launch off the launcher it just passes straight through it.

White Water: the whirlpool path is extremely buggy, the ball often jumps onto the wrong ramp. Sometimes it passes through bigfoot bluff when that path is blocked and the ball is supposed to curve around to the whirlpool. Other times it'll "jump" over onto the spine chiller ramp and back to the upper flipper. The whirlpool award still continues on even if the ball diverts to a different path, and the game still continues without crashing but the game logic is a little messed up for a little bit. A glitch happens with the whirlpool ramp probably 30%-40% of the time for me, it is significant.

Other than the Star Trek bug, I don't remember any of the other issues occurring in the past with previous versions of Pinball Arcade and previous ios versions.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
All my table goals reset to default. :(

Did a restore on HOF points, but all completed table goals are gone.

Members online

Members online