iOS - Bug TPA 4.3.1 #1 for iOS

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs & issues for iOS v4.3.1 #1 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use other threads.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Device/OS: iPad Air 2, iOS 8.1.1

Bug Description: Getting a highscore on POTO messes up the initials entry, but more seriously: getting the grand champion score still crashes the app and disrupts the "remote backup" option (timing out and/or crashing the app), necessitating a full reinstall and remote restore.

Steps To Reproduce: playing POTO and getting a highscore or the highest score

Frequency: everytime

Additional Comments: it's frustrating and also disappointing that Farsight hasn't fixed this issue which is present from the time POTO came out for iOS. It makes the table in essence unplayable. I sincerely hope they will fix this soon!

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Device/OS: iPad Air 2, iOS 8.1.1

Bug Description: Getting a highscore on POTO messes up the initials entry, but more seriously: getting the grand champion score still crashes the app and disrupts the "remote backup" option (timing out and/or crashing the app), necessitating a full reinstall and remote restore.

Steps To Reproduce: playing POTO and getting a highscore or the highest score

Frequency: everytime

Additional Comments: it's frustrating and also disappointing that Farsight hasn't fixed this issue which is present from the time POTO came out for iOS. It makes the table in essence unplayable. I sincerely hope they will fix this soon!

I confirm this bug. POTO crashes if I beat my local grand champ score when the app tries to post to leaderboards. I'm on iPad4 and iOS 7.1.2.

Annorax

Feb 2, 2013
I confirm this bug. POTO crashes if I beat my local grand champ score when the app tries to post to leaderboards. I'm on iPad4 and iOS 7.1.2.

iPad 4, iOS 7.1.2 (jailbroken), same bug, but it happened to me on Black Hole as well. It's not just POTO.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Ipad air 1.

Game unplayable after ss update.

Pin stays in plunge mode. Cams dont work. And after a few times hitting the ball i get tilt when i try to flip.

All tables.....

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Black Knight now broke. Magna saves now capture ball and don't release.

Repeatable every time.

Tried this because I was curious. And yep both left and right manga saves stay on forever. Good news you will never drain a ball in the outlanes. Bad news is you have to call the attendant every to me your ball wanders over to the outer lanes. Not worth it - please fix.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Firepower: The lights in front of the center targets no longer flash.

iPad Air, iOS 8
Can confirm this. iOS 7.2 on a iPad mini retina. Never had a problem until update. Some people are also have ing problems with the lights but different. Come on guys

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014

Since I never score much over 5 million before wanting to toss my iPad retina (mini) through the window I doubt I'll ever have to worry about the bug. Damn table kicks my ass.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Tried this because I was curious. And yep both left and right manga saves stay on forever. Good news you will never drain a ball in the outlanes. Bad news is you have to call the attendant every to me your ball wanders over to the outer lanes. Not worth it - please fix.

Well... at least the annoying drop target timer sound effects are gone now. Too bad they're totally gone, because they should still exist. Just not as loud and overpowering as before.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
De/reinstall tables and app. Should fiX all problems at least I'm iOS. Then restore data from remote. Even though I hadn't saved manually my newest genie goals showed up. One from two day prior to Friday.

Edit. I was wrong about this,problem the de/re a only souls the camera angles and crashing in plumes etc. as Fungi kindly pointed out these two tables still have problems. Especially bk.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
De/reinstall tables and app. Should fiX all problems at least I'm iOS. Then restore data from remote. Even though I hadn't saved manually my newest genie goals showed up. One from two day prior to Friday.

Not the Black Knight or Firepower problem. Those two are now broken on iOS8

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

What device are you using? I have iOS 8.1.2 on my iPad 4 and I have no crashing or Black Knight/Firepower issues.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Can confirm Firepower issues for iOS 8.1.2 (latest) and iPad Air 2. Also, when first playing Starship Troopers, plunging the ball crashed the app to iOS main screen. I also found other tables (only tried AFM and Whodunnit) to produce the same problem. It got fixed with a total delete and reinstall. Haven't tried Black Knight yet to (dis)confirm Magnasave problem.

I also did some testing on my iPad 2 and found no issues besides the aforementioned problems with POTO
More specifically: iOS 8.1 and 8.1.2 both did not cause problems on iPad 2, and this with versions 4.3 and 4.4 of TPA with and without Starship Troopers installed.

Can therefore the conclusion be that iPad Air 1 & 2 and iPad mini Retina give problems with TPA 4.3/4.4 and iOS 7.x or 8.x installed excluding POTO which seems to affect all devices irrespective of specs and/or iOS version?

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014

I realize that now. Was dealing with idiots on FB page and on a roll. Will edit post once I'm fully aware. Sorry. Btw they are broken on iOS 7,2,x too

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I bit the bullet and updated to 4.4.1F #2 hoping that at least I would be able to do Remote backup (stopped working after hitting grand champ on POTO) again, but it still doesn't work :( :(

So is my only option to uninstall - reinstall and then remote restore? I don't even know when I had a working remote backup last time. Doesn't local backup work?

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Firepower: Same here on ios8. The multiball lock lanes also do not flash after all center target have been lit. It is not possible to lock any balls, so it is impossible to start multiball.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.