Good isn't it?

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I like the rules and theme of the table but the physics are very off. It feels like all the shots have a wide margin of error and it's tough to get any flow going.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
My favorite Sega.

a9f32d39a8fd189e5b5667163e9cec2ce55f4123_m.gif

Batman Forever.

Our local Fun F/X has one, it's an ok table.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I like the rules and theme of the table but the physics are very off. It feels like all the shots have a wide margin of error and it's tough to get any flow going.

Really? Find it the same as always.
Table is hard though and I constantly screw up trying to use the little flipper.

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Incredible table. Actually difficult, lots to do. Easily the best offering since Dracula. I like this very very much. Opinion may shift since I've only banged it around for a few games so far, but it just looks and feels super solid.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Monkey balls awful. It's not as bad as Phantom of the Opera but it's not very good. Maybe those using controllers that access the mini flipper better like it more but even with that I don't see it as that good. It's a good thing they added Addams Family or this would be a gimmicy God awful season.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Monkey balls awful. It's not as bad as Phantom of the Opera but it's not very good. Maybe those using controllers that access the mini flipper better like it more but even with that I don't see it as that good. It's a good thing they added Addams Family or this would be a gimmicy God awful season.

Counterpoint: TAF is a glitchy terrible boring table, and Starship Troopers is in the top 5 most fun tables in the game currently for me. Everyone likes different things.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Dear kinggo, I disagree. The third flipper gives the table a special unique thrill. "worst table in TPA"? What about Goin´ Nuts, El dorado? These tables are soooooo much worser than ST.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Dear kinggo, I disagree. The third flipper gives the table a special unique thrill. "worst table in TPA"? What about Goin´ Nuts, El dorado? These tables are soooooo much worser than ST.

Agreed. What's boring about killin bugs? And nuking planets? I have to admit though that it's lost the hype for me (a little). It's one of those that I wouldn't play constantly. Monster Bash I can play over and over. Cyclone is pretty cool. I don't think the collection would be complete without it. SST wasn't as essential. It's one of the tables I'd show to new TPAers though.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
there's nothing thrilling about it for me. I didn't like it IRL so I did't put much money into it. But I played over a 100 games on TPA and I still don't like it. And it has nothing to do with 3rd flipper. It just isn't for me.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
there's nothing thrilling about it for me. I didn't like it IRL so I did't put much money into it. But I played over a 100 games on TPA and I still don't like it. And it has nothing to do with 3rd flipper. It just isn't for me.

Even if you re watch the movie?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Right now it's the most annoying damned table in the universe because I spent all last night still trying to nuke 5 planets and I HATE THAT RIGHT OUTLANE!!

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Loving this table right now. I've yet to complete the 4th planet so I appreciate the level of difficulty.

PET3R

Mar 10, 2015
I love the table and theme but I can't play it due to the physics. I have watched some real videos and the ball is nothing compared to pinball arcade. It just seems too light and therefore jumping so much from the flippers. I am on ios and it is impossible to catch a ball on a flipper for me where as I have no problem to do this in any other table.
Will you be fixing the physics and if yes then when ? Or is this table going to be like this for good ?

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I love the table and theme but I can't play it due to the physics. I have watched some real videos and the ball is nothing compared to pinball arcade. It just seems too light and therefore jumping so much from the flippers. I am on ios and it is impossible to catch a ball on a flipper for me where as I have no problem to do this in any other table.
Will you be fixing the physics and if yes then when ? Or is this table going to be like this for good ?

The flippers seem to behave the same way they do in the machines I've seen. You need to utilize dead passes/nudging/the extra flipper to stop momentum if you want to cradle on the table most of the time. It's designed that way. There are a few other tables in the TPA lineup that work the same way. Getting a ball trapped on Monster Bash or TotAN for example is pretty challenging. Granted I'm playing on PC instead of iOS so I don't know if there's a difference there, but as far as I understand the physics systems should be the same.

e: I mean obviously you can't do catches with the flippers on TPA, but that's a problem with the physics system in general and goes for all the tables.

Last edited:

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Oh, but no. TOTAN and MB are
piece-of-cake-smiley-emoticon.png
comparing to this one. While I agree that it is also difficult on the real thing it is not so difficult. Ball is way to light and bouncy in TPA.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.