Do you actually use the mini-flipper?

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I used the mini-flipper in the beginning but since it (on an iPad) includes quite a bit of risk of moving my hand setting - I don't. The only thing I see it can be used for is to shoot directly from the Recon-hole to that left hole (that ups your rank).

night

May 18, 2012
Try using this flippers instead.

flipper_shoes_copy.jpg

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I used the mini-flipper in the beginning but since it (on an iPad) includes quite a bit of risk of moving my hand setting - I don't. The only thing I see it can be used for is to shoot directly from the Recon-hole to that left hole (that ups your rank).

The mini-flipper also multiplies all bug shots. So if you collected a Warrior in Antilles with the mini-flipper, you will kill 2 at once.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Very risky indeed. I only use it to hit the recon hole when I have a trap on the flipper right below it.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I use it on my cabinet. I had to set it as the second right flipper button that I was using for nudge. So there was a sacrafice for it.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
I actually find it it easier to shoot the ramps and the rank hole with the third flipper, but it isn't always accurate.

And getting twice the bugs is nice. You can just press it anytime to get it, even when you're not using that flipper.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I don't use it on my iPad 3 or my Icade pinball machine in conjunction with my iPad 3 both ways are too risky indeed.

Iguana

Jul 28, 2013
Third flipper is such a temptation, but more often than not the result is a drain.

Still, love this table! I sense its going to be one I'll return to often. Most of my games are mediocre, but it's a still a blast playing (my high is 221M with two wiz goals to go)!

Brock

Jan 28, 2014
I use it a fair bit, mainly for control/trapping rather than shooting. Probably wouldn't if I was playing on a tablet though.
Have a High of 627million but still chasing wizard goals.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Well worth getting used to. I derided this table on release but kept practicing. Repositioned the button a few times and left it at 20%. Once I got used to the positioning, and the shots the third flipper could allow, it does add an extra dimension to the game.

Now I can see the appeal. I've been won over and changed my mind. It's worth investing the time on this one

Trever Chalmers

Mar 29, 2014
Hello,

I love this table one of my favs right now. I was wondering how to use the 3rd flipper on my Android? Is there a setting I have to change for it to work? Thanks

Ok nevermind, I figured it out lol. Just have to fine tune it now lol.

Last edited:

BigFoot HotFoot

Apr 3, 2015
I only use the mini-flipper when it's coming down the right inlane somewhat slow.

Didn't like this table at first but starting to get into it.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
The best use of the mini-flipper is to deaden the momentum of the ball coming through the right inlane or after a deadpass from the left so you can get a cradle on the right, which is pretty hard to do otherwise. I don't really use the miniflipper to make any actual shots.

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
The best use of the mini-flipper is to deaden the momentum of the ball coming through the right inlane or after a deadpass from the left so you can get a cradle on the right, which is pretty hard to do otherwise. I don't really use the miniflipper to make any actual shots.

So what about this monster score u got there? I'm 100% sure it's because of this unique bonus held feature, but did u do that on purpose, playin recon 1 again and again on each ball, or did it happen in the curse of a normal game?

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
So what about this monster score u got there? I'm 100% sure it's because of this unique bonus held feature, but did u do that on purpose, playin recon 1 again and again on each ball, or did it happen in the curse of a normal game?

This isn't strictly topic related, but the scoring was entirely intentional.

Members online

Members online