Bugs

s.s.rock

Jan 3, 2015
Why when I'm on the table Addams Family (mobile android version) had 4 stars (goals) and I did so last me all disappeared and I do not have any?

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
"Quick Multiball" quote sounds like it gets cut off.

Also, this has only happened once, on Steam, using the Fester ball, using the upper right flipper into the far left ramp, the ball flew out of the table on the left side and fell into the void outside of the cabinet.

I think "Quick Multiball" is meant to be funny as it is said really quick, which may sound like it is cut off. I can hear the whole quote though. And those balls flying out the table is quite a regular thing to happen on TPA tables. On Flight 2000 this can happen even when you are plunging the ball for example, it screams down the plunger lane and out of the table. Haven't had it happen on TAF though. Luckily TPA corrects this mostly without it costing you a ball.

s.s.rock

Jan 3, 2015
Why when I'm on the table Addams Family (mobile android version) had 4 stars (goals) and I did so last me all disappeared and I do not have any?
I noticed that those stars are a total of 10 to yesterday. Why are not the first stars at least silver or why there is not at least 1/2 ?? That's how it's pretty confusing. :mad:(

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Okay, two things that are bothering me, and with the idea of introducing new difficulty levels in the form of "modes" a la "Gold Mode" for TAF, these need addressing sooner rather than later.

1. Local high scores for Gold and regular TAF are on the same leaderboard. There are separate online leaderboards for the two modes, why not locally as well?
2. The Gold mode banner for the online leaderboards is the same as for the regular table. It needs to be clear which leaderboard is for which mode.

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
I am a $100 backer with my gold edition reserved for PS4. I just noticed that my version on steam is now playing like the gold edition which I wanted on PS4. It is showing Special Collectors Edition and awards Pugsley's and Wednesday's award instead of the 3 million. It wasn't doing any of those things last I played it. I know the PS4 version is hopefully coming out tomorrow, has anyone else seen this?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I am a $100 backer with my gold edition reserved for PS4. I just noticed that my version on steam is now playing like the gold edition which I wanted on PS4. It is showing Special Collectors Edition and awards Pugsley's and Wednesday's award instead of the 3 million. It wasn't doing any of those things last I played it. I know the PS4 version is hopefully coming out tomorrow, has anyone else seen this?

There was an inconsistency between versions: on mobile, TAF defaulted to Gold Mode, and on Steam it defaulted to regular TAF. I'm assuming that there was a small patch issued to correct that because TAF now defaults to Gold Mode on Steam as well.

There have been reports of $100 backers getting Gold on the wrong platforms before though.

If you have Gold Mode activated, go to the table options, and scroll to the bottom: there's a toggle to switch between the two modes.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
From what I understand, if you pay for gold you get it on ALL your platforms, as long as they are on the same farsight account.

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
I just had a ball bounce off of the top of the right sling heading for a right outlane drain and the ball actually went all the way over into the shooter lane. I didn't nudge the machine at the time because it happened too fast. I'm pretty sure the game doesn't have any sort of gate to the shooter lane over there. On a real table I know the occasional airball is going to happen and could cause that, but I didn't think TPA simulated air balls (NGG excluded). I remember Bowen Kerins saying something about how he talked to a dev about this, who responded that they could simulate airballs but don't because people would assume it's a bug whenever it happens. Has anybody else seen this happen? I certainly don't mind that I didn't lose the ball, but it left me scratching my head. This was on PS4.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
Not on this table yet, no. I've seen similar on other tables and one that has happened a couple times where the ball is shot and is turned to the right quickly to go around a loop, but just keeps going to the right straight off the screen. Ball winds up at the plunger right away though.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I've had balls sort of simulate airball behavior in getting to places on tables they absolutely shouldn't be able to, but I think that only happens in TPA when the ball is going so fast it makes it through a game barrier between physics calculations. There are also some bad walls on some tables that allow passthrough when they shouldn't, like the right side on CV. I haven't seen that one happen in ages on the PC though so they may have fixed it on at least some platforms.

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
Yeah, I suppose it just comes down to the fact that collision detection is hard in any kind of real time simulation.

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
Got a weird one, and it seems consistent.

I normally play with the Fester ball, but tonight I noticed that Brunswick Bowling post on FB and went back to TAF because I could have sworn I saw the bowling balls in the custom ball list. I load up the game, go to custom balls under Extras, and as soon as I move away from the Fester ball, all the other TAF balls vanish, and I also have no Brunswick balls or the Fester ball I had just selected. I can go through the whole loop of customs (I have all the ball packs purchased.)

I verified the files on Steam, and sure enough, two files had to be redownloaded. I re-verified, and it was fine, so I launched the game, and there is my Fester ball... unless I start scrolling through the custom balls again. They instantly vanish (not all of them, just the TAF ones seem to have vanished.) I go back out and re-verify, and sure enough, it gave me the same issue, that two files had to be redownloaded.

I then thought well, maybe something got messed up during the updates, and deleted the local files through the Steam option that lets you do so. The whole app vanished from my games list, which is weird, because usually Steam just grays out games you own but haven't downloaded them. I had to go to the Steam store and redownload the game from there. A few minutes later, I fire up the configurator and noticed it remembered all my settings, which wasn't a good sign (unless that gets saved in the Steam cloud, perhaps?) I fire it up, and I get the exact same problem. It does it every time.

Who can I contact about this?

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Got a weird one, and it seems consistent.

I normally play with the Fester ball, but tonight I noticed that Brunswick Bowling post on FB and went back to TAF because I could have sworn I saw the bowling balls in the custom ball list. I load up the game, go to custom balls under Extras, and as soon as I move away from the Fester ball, all the other TAF balls vanish, and I also have no Brunswick balls or the Fester ball I had just selected. I can go through the whole loop of customs (I have all the ball packs purchased.)

I verified the files on Steam, and sure enough, two files had to be redownloaded. I re-verified, and it was fine, so I launched the game, and there is my Fester ball... unless I start scrolling through the custom balls again. They instantly vanish (not all of them, just the TAF ones seem to have vanished.) I go back out and re-verify, and sure enough, it gave me the same issue, that two files had to be redownloaded.

I then thought well, maybe something got messed up during the updates, and deleted the local files through the Steam option that lets you do so. The whole app vanished from my games list, which is weird, because usually Steam just grays out games you own but haven't downloaded them. I had to go to the Steam store and redownload the game from there. A few minutes later, I fire up the configurator and noticed it remembered all my settings, which wasn't a good sign (unless that gets saved in the Steam cloud, perhaps?) I fire it up, and I get the exact same problem. It does it every time.

Who can I contact about this?

I reported a similar problem where Addams table disappears from my list of purchased tables on my pc when I'm offline and I got a reply that they know about it and this will be fixed in the next update. Yours is likely part of the same problem and will probably be fixed so I wouldn't worry about it and chances are they will read your post here but try emailing them if you want to make sure it's reported.

Last edited:

Jay

May 19, 2012
There's a graphics bug after Thing grabs the ball and its door closes: you can briefly see the ball underneath the table rolling back toward the plunger. It's actually sort of cool, as if the machine is really sending the ball to the plunger.

On the Mac version, the "THING" backglass letters are missing from the HUD. The letters are there for the iOS versions. The Mac has lots more room for them; I don't know why they're not included.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
why is the rom resetting after each game? (ps3) I hate that. that's not how I play pinball. I don't turn the game off and on before and after each game when playing irl.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.