Purpose of special and how light the full "city of gold" string

fosforo

Jan 1, 2015
Purpose of SPECIAL

I'm desperately trying to reach all wizard goals in this table but I have some doubts that remain after the reading of instructions a couple of times.

I don't understand what is the purpose of SPECIAL function in terms of reward gained. The SPECIAL allows to earn points or what? I'm trying to take the 3 SPECIAL goals but without understand the meaning/benefit.

Thanks a lot for help,
Fosforo

Last edited:

fosforo

Jan 1, 2015
After many attempts and a deep research over internet, I can confirm that SPECIAL in the real table allows to win a replay match, so in the PINBALL ARCADE conversion the SPECIAL function is totally useless, except for the wizard goals (hit 3 special) that is very challenging.

After the first matches, I enjoyed Eldorado very much, but now I can see flaws in terms of gameplay: if a player hits the upper target twice (winning the extra ball), then hits the lower targets three times (gaining 3x bonus) and assuming that he has already reached the top of the basic bonus (hence 190k), essentially he can't improve his score anymore appreciably and he has to wait for the next ball (so it's very frustranting).

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
in TPA i believe the special also counts as an extra ball.

A Special is called a special because it can be either a credit, and extra ball, or a point award. the latter is only ever pretty much used in tournaments. Converting the special to an extra ball allowed games to exist where a replay was banned due to being considered a prize awarded by chance. extra balls only let you play longer, so they were safe.

fosforo

Jan 1, 2015
but following your explanation, what difference is between the 2 wizard goals of this table: "Win 3 extra ball" and "Win 3 specials". If are they coincident as you say, I can obtain both goals in the same moment? Unfortunately until now I can't obtain them so I have the doubt (this table's goals are becoming a torture like the 250k one of Big Shot...)

Thanks,
Fosforo

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.