"First" impressions

Striker

May 26, 2017
"High energy" is definitely what I associate Addams Family pinball with. I think a lot of that has to do with Raul Julia's voice acting, but the great layout and superb player direction really help - once you kind of figure out where everything is, you really feel like you're in tune with the game. I always get goosebumps playing this, especially in real life.

I agree. When this table came out, passerby would gather around the machine. Raul Julia shouting "NO NO NO! GET THE EXTRA BALL!" or "Quicksand, fumes, toxic waste! It's all ours!" made people laugh out loud. The Mamushka and especially Hit Cousin It sequences generated a lot of laughs. There had been previous pins tied in to movies, but not one as well executed as TAF.

I recall gameplay IRL being a little easier. Especially The Power. I recall one arcade manager told me he had a technician "tone down" the power of the magnets after several player complaints. I think a lot of places did this as well, except ones that didn't really cater to pinball players. For example, if you played TAF in a bar, the Power was usually still set at full power and throwing every other ball into the outlanes.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm with you Striker, as good of a use of license that I can think of. I like to pick out the callouts when watching the movie. And how great is the multiball start? The whole arcade would look when that baby started cranking up.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I agree. When this table came out, passerby would gather around the machine. Raul Julia shouting "NO NO NO! GET THE EXTRA BALL!" or "Quicksand, fumes, toxic waste! It's all ours!" made people laugh out loud. The Mamushka and especially Hit Cousin It sequences generated a lot of laughs. There had been previous pins tied in to movies, but not one as well executed as TAF.

I recall gameplay IRL being a little easier. Especially The Power. I recall one arcade manager told me he had a technician "tone down" the power of the magnets after several player complaints. I think a lot of places did this as well, except ones that didn't really cater to pinball players. For example, if you played TAF in a bar, the Power was usually still set at full power and throwing every other ball into the outlanes.
Eventually PAPA decided to turn The Power off altogether, because everyone just held a ball on a flipper until it timed out.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Striker

May 26, 2017
I'm with you Striker, as good of a use of license that I can think of. I like to pick out the callouts when watching the movie. And how great is the multiball start? The whole arcade would look when that baby started cranking up.

Oh yes. Who could forget the Multiball windup? There was a second callout after you've triggered multiball once, then hit the electric chair to start it again (Raul Julia again): "It has to warm up . . . so it can KILL YOU!" [BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM] Makes me laugh every time. Rarely seems to happen on TPA. Maybe it was TAF Gold . . . .

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.