"First" impressions

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Not exactly first because most of you guys have played this table before, but here goes...

TAF is one of the most accurate PA recreations I have ever played. It plays just like the one I played at Lanes & Games, complete with The Power being a stupid little bugger of a magnet. What do you guys think about it?

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
I'll play it a bit more before any impressions. I never played one IRL, I hated the movie and I was very reserved about this one as "the greatest/best table ever".

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I never played this table much ever in life but I find it challenging as hell on my (iPad 3) you can't trap the ball from kick outs that really shocked me especially the right flipper. Very happy with this IOS release and I'am looking forward to the (PS4 version) sometime in March. Can't wait for the new ball pack for IOS and PS4. TPA did a "Killer Fantastic Job" on this KS table. Back to flipping for now my best score on TAF so far is very low only (68 million) last place on local board but I have not played it much I just got off work.

Last edited:

Brock

Jan 28, 2014
First impressions - It's The Addams Family pinball just as I remember it. Well done Farsight.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
had it in my shop for about 3 months,played it every day.TPA version bloody close to the real table as far as my memory goes,it was 22 years ago.FARSIGHT, JOB WELL DONE !!! also visual and colours are great couldn`t ask for any better.FARSIGHT GIVE YOURSELVES A BIG PAT ON YOUR BACKS,THANKS !!! :cool:

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
They could have replicated the same machine from a pub near my work all those years ago. Could it be better? Nope. First class effort all round on what could be seen as the showpiece for TPA

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
It's perfect in every sense. With one exception. I just keep getting distracted by Uncle Fester not being Lloyd. I mean the image is right in front of my eyes and it just ruins the whole game for me. It ruins my timing and my psyche is thoroughly damaged.

Yes I'm kidding and if anybody out there actually feels this way, they need to be slapped.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
It's pretty spot-on from my experiences, albeit a bit easier than the real thing (which is pretty normal for TPA tables).

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I'll play it a bit more before any impressions. I never played one IRL, I hated the movie and I was very reserved about this one as "the greatest/best table ever".

That's a rarity...someone who has never played this table IRL. It's far from my favorite table, but it's an absolute classic.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I had seen it but had never played it. Also, what is your favorite?

I don't think I have a single favorite....There first few that I ever played: Swords of Fury, Funhouse, Phantom of the Opera have a special place in my heart. As far as the pins that I would definitely own if I had the room: Earthshaker, Fish Tales, Lethal Weapon 3, AC/DC, Star Wars (DE).

How about you?

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
This table is supper fun and plays great. Awesome lay out and features. I wish the fester face didn't bother me but it does. Lets just say it could have been better. During game play I don't think of it at all, but when it drains he's there to troll me with his saggy lips :p

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
Well, now that I've finally been able to get some good games on this table, (Since I've been really bad at it every time I find it IRL) I really see why so many people love it so much and why it sold so well. It has a simple, easy to understand rule set, but it doesn't get boring. The theme is awesome, even though I've never seen the movie and only a tiny bit of the show. I can't help but snap my fingers when the game does, and go "No, no, no!" along with the game whenever Thing picks up the ball when he's not supposed to. The art and music is all awesome too. (Despite Fester being redrawn. I don't really even notice it while I'm playing; although I can definitely see the difference) Of course, the toys are really great too!

As for TPA side of things, I think the difficulty is just right. It's not quite as hard as I would like it, but I think it's a good middle ground to ensure both new comers and pro players will enjoy it. I've noticed a lot of real life aspects have translated into this version as well, based off of videos I've seen. (Things like the ball going SDTM when shooting the chair from the right flipper, or backhanding the ball into the bookcase, etc.) My only complaint would be that it doesn't seem like the rubbers around the bookcase are actually collideable with the ball.

So yeah, I think this is definitely going to be one of my new favorite tables!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.