TAF Tactics & Strategies

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
cousin it scores MUCh more then mamushka when you do this stunt. keep wailing on the IT targets and putting balls into the swamp/vault/chair

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
... It seems that on the high end, the big point of strategy is going to be the glitchy billion bonuses. ... So the bonus goes from 99M to 199M to 299M and so on up into multiple billions, and the max at 255 would be 5599M. The party ends at 256 mansion rooms, when the count rolls over back to 0. ... At least the game shows you your entire bonus total in the status report so you can correctly gauge that.

Voof recently made an attempt at this last week and I felt like digging out my video from 9 months ago and made a comparison, new **** has come to light, man.

The bonus getting generous starts as early as 180 rooms, as long as you have a high multiplier (99M was un-accounted for).

When you do hit room 200 the bonus gets stuck at 99M then adds an extra 100M, however 201 adds .5M, so 202 ... 200M, 203 ... 200.5M ... 204 300M is added etc. What this means is you've got until room 215 (899.5M base bonus) before bonus starts being above 1B points, possibly messing with your 10B rollovers.*

Don't rely on the bonus total status screen, it isn't accurate after 200 rooms.

*How I got my 10B rollover is a mystery, perhaps my lowest 2B points one made it work? the others were over 5B.

sorry Voof, if you're reading this.. if the DMD status didnt lie you could've easily been in the 10B group

Last edited:

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Farsight should fix the rollover bugs. Is it so difficult to enable big points during the 10B rollover? I can't imagine. TAF, RbioN, CftBL, Dr. Who... So many tables with these problems.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
... What this means is you've got until room 215 (899.5M base bonus) before bonus starts being above 1B points, possibly messing with your 10B rollovers.*
*How I got my 10B rollover is a mystery, perhaps my lowest 2B points one made it work? the others were over 5B.

Addendum
I know how I got my rollover, and the rollover detection is between 8B[1] and 11.98B[2].

This may apply to other tables with high scoring sources.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
If that's right, that's great info that we've wanted for a long time.

I don't blame Farsight all that much, though. Remember that tracking rollovers at all is a new service by Farsight that the original machine doesn't provide. On real machines we'd all be doing the Fish Tales thing to try to stop at exactly 9,999,999,990. And it's, well, a pretty small section of Farsight's customer base that has to worry about this at all.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Hey, here's something to try on rollover logic if you're so inclined. On Teed Off, if you have 8-9 billion, and play and LOSE the double-or-nothing... will TPA interpret the billions digit going from 8 to 0 as a rollover? And then you could even shoot the restore-your-score shot to get back to where you were!

Members online

Members online