5M Ramp-goal strategy?

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I guess there isn't much to it rather than practise to get the right timing, but still, do you have any tricks to make that 5M ramp goal? I believe two balls ramping at the same time is to prefer since it allows for one bad shot while still having the chance to continue. This, however, could cause trouble of the 2nd ball bouncing into the line of shot for the 1st ball.

I haven't even been able to make 5 consecutive shots in this ramp without the Million being lit. It always ends up hitting the post after 2-4 balls...

So, any tips would be highly appreciated.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
There really aren't any, other than to completely avoid the scenario where P-H-A-N-T(-O) is lit at the start of ball 3. Millions overrides double-your-score.

I guess - try to start your run with P-H-A-N-T-O lit. That way you only need to make 6 shots in a row.

Oh, and a weak shot up the ramp that comes back down to the left flipper, can be put round the ramp on a backhand from the tip of the left flipper, with the right timing. You have just enough grace period on each shot to make that.

My best is 9 millions in a row. Keep on truckin'!

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
9 Million! That's impressive! It gives me hope that this is doable.

I guess the main problem is that I don't particularly like this table. I just get frustrated and quit but this is just like NGG and Genie. It's not THAT much how well you play, just how many times you play - eventually the Goals (5M and 5x) will come.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
9 Million! That's impressive! It gives me hope that this is doable.

I guess the main problem is that I don't particularly like this table. I just get frustrated and quit but this is just like NGG and Genie. It's not THAT much how well you play, just how many times you play - eventually the Goals (5M and 5x) will come.

This is doable, the rollover goal not so much. Genie is a tough table, but patience is key there. NGG I hated as well, but was lucky enough to get one good game going, to me it is much like Dracula once you get the flow on that table going and get into a long game it can be very fun.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Yeah, just practice and persistence will get you the goal. try to judge how fast the ball is rolling down the lane, and adjust your flip accordingly. I've pretty muhc given up on 5x jackpot build, but have every other goal on that table.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I believe that is the difficult thing with the ramp goal. The speed of the ball differs every time it gets feeded so one point-of-shooting won't work for the next.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Finally made it! Having two missed WG's on one table did not feel good. I can live with the 5x-goal in a way...it just feels so random if you will make it or not.

Hade a 25 M-goal on Double-Your-Score and missed. It's just one of those things with this table that I truly despise, you can play really well for 20 minutes but it all comes down to one shot... Not to mention the side feeders that constantly put the ball SDTM.

I think it will take some time before I will get back to this table. I will go back to focus on the Starship Troopers WG again...

satandouche

Sep 27, 2015
After the ramp shot you can hold the right flipper up and nudge the ball up just before/as it touches the right flipper as it rolls down the inlane. This can deaden/trap the ball. Once trapped, you can time the ramp more consistently to get the letters. However, once the millions are lit the game doesn't give you enough time to fully trap the ball to set up the shot.

With millions going I still did the up nudge off the inlane, not to trap, but to bounce the ball back a little. This buys a little extra setup time to make the ramp shot. With this strategy I took down this goal a lot faster than when I was trying to make 5 or more straight ramp shots on the fly.

This was my final wizard goal for seasons 1-4. Pretty stoked. Now I can purchase Season 5.

Thanks for all the tips, I had given up on a lot of these tables (cough Goin Nuts cough) before reading the strategies on these boards.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Here's a vid of me earning it on PS4. Do it enough times, you'll get lucky with the consistent ball speed.

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
As was previously stated, little nudging to trap the ball on the right flipper makes this pretty repeatable. The only danger with that approach is that if you get a "DANGER DANGER" tilt warning then it completely kills the Phantom Millions mode for whatever reason... quite annoying!

Members online

Members online