Problems with the unlimited play update

Berq

Mar 15, 2013
I saw this morning that Ghostbusters has been updated in the Google Play store to allow purchasing the table for $5 (via IAP). Great!
Not a fan of the music change, but whatever.
HOWEVER... updating the installation causes my phone (GS5) to reset, and my tablet (2013 Nexus 7) to give a "504" error, whatever that is. So neither device can actually update without uninstalling the app first, then doing a clean install. NOT so great.

That's my first problem. A minor one. The second one ISN'T.

Once I got the new version of Ghostbusters installed on my phone, I logged in, then bought the table. Unlimited play and no more tokens. Cool!
A couple hours later, I installed it on my tablet. Logged in. Tablet still uses tokens. No unlimited play. No option to restore purchases. VERY UN-COOL.

I'm sure this is just a Farsight oversight, right? RIGHT!?!?!
It'd friggin' better be...

Berq

Mar 15, 2013
Yeah, it no longer plays the Ghostbusters theme while you play. I can't tell if the new music is even from the movie's soundtrack or score. I don't recognize it. Perhaps it only plays during a certain mode? Haven't played long enough today to find out.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I saw this morning that Ghostbusters has been updated in the Google Play store to allow purchasing the table for $5 (via IAP). Great!
HOWEVER... updating the installation causes my phone (GS5) to reset, and my tablet (2013 Nexus 7) to give a "504" error, whatever that is. So neither device can actually update without uninstalling the app first, then doing a clean install. NOT so great.

Once I got the new version of Ghostbusters installed on my phone, I logged in, then bought the table. Unlimited play and no more tokens. Cool!
A couple hours later, I installed it on my tablet. Logged in. Tablet still uses tokens. No unlimited play. No option to restore purchases. VERY UN-COOL.

I passed this on to our Android programmer

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
ios updated too. Looks like they updated the token system too. You can now only have a maximum of 4 tokens and add 1 every 4 (or 2 with TPA) hours. I still have my accumulated 49 tokens but will be super happy to purchase the table. They should have done this from the get go. Thank you farsight!

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014

Can you confirm that your tablet and phone are using the same email address? Ghostbusters isn't like pinball arcade, tables are not unlocked through login, they are unlocked via the google play account that you bought it with. I'm looking into the issue now, but when you have a chance, please just verify that the email addresses that are tied to the google play account are the same on both devices.

Berq

Mar 15, 2013
Can you confirm that your tablet and phone are using the same email address? Ghostbusters isn't like pinball arcade, tables are not unlocked through login, they are unlocked via the google play account that you bought it with. I'm looking into the issue now, but when you have a chance, please just verify that the email addresses that are tied to the google play account are the same on both devices.

I mentioned the login bit just to be thorough. But yeah, my phone and tablet are on the same Gmail/Google account. All my other app purchases are available on both devices. And sorry for the hostility in my first post. It was uncalled for.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012

I can confirm this bug. Bought the table on my nexus 5, downloaded the app on my nexus 7 and even tho the restoring transactions text appeared, the table was still free to play. Same Google account on both devices, same farsight account as well.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Music change sucks! Why did this change? This was the reason for the IOS update???
And now you can buy table for $5 instead of accumulating credits??
No thanks....

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Music change sucks! Why did this change?

There can only be one reason it changed. C'mon, I know you can figure it out.

Here's what I did. I erased the app. Redownloaded it. Do NOT update it.

Last edited:

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Fungi I tried to download again and it's still the same crappy music updated version that is all that is available.
the app. Is already updated in app. Store on IOS. How did you get the original back?
Thanks.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Fungi I tried to download again and it's still the same crappy music updated version that is all that is available.
the app. Is already updated in app. Store on IOS. How did you get the original back?
Thanks.

Ack. Bummer. I did it yesterday. I guess I got in under the wire.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Thanks.

Don't like it than delete it.
Simple.

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
Was excited to see they finally gave us a way around the silly token system. Fired it up and heard the new music...

I'll be deleting it now :(

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I deleted and left negative review on IOS app. store.
moving on......TPA tricked us into doing the update. Bug fixes ....BS!

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I have exactly this problem.

10923293_839651459416136_3651447706931957303_n.jpg

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Ok I bought it for 4.99 with no problem - even though I had 49 accumulated tokens left - I really hated the token system. I now have the option (read guilt free choice) of rage quiting if I want to and I am no longer angry with the over zealous tilt mechanic - nudge nudge tilt ( no warnings?). I am enjoying the game a lot more - I encourage farsight to make more original games and just sell them outright.

Now how do I kill stay puft??? The spot targets don't seem to light the four streams when I hit them during multiball and they seem to randomly light up during regular play -but I have never got all four lit up. Hints?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.