Users Guide for TPA Android

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Hey [MENTION=4573]Scumble373[/MENTION], in this new section, [MENTION=2707]Xanija[/MENTION] discovered a bit of a gotcha in the GPS interface.

I'm wondering if it's possible for developers to change how this screen displays: affect what UI elements are overlaid over each saved game tile. Could you put in Load/Delete buttons? Or if you can't change how the Saved Games tiles are displayed, can you put in a "Windows Nag" dialog that checks whether the user wanted to load the profile?

I could delete this section if it was possible. Deleting sections in this guide is the ultimate goal: it will mean that the UI and UX is evolving from unintuitive in parts, to intuitive. :D

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
When looking at Racing Fever, there are more than 3 saved games possible and when tapping on a saved game anywhere, I'm asked whether I want to load or to overwrite. So it is possible.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
When looking at Racing Fever, there are more than 3 saved games possible and when tapping on a saved game anywhere, I'm asked whether I want to load or to overwrite. So it is possible.
Boom! Nice one [MENTION=2707]Xanija[/MENTION].

So there's your next challenge, [MENTION=4573]Scumble373[/MENTION]. Clean up the UX on this small part of the game. Low hanging fruit is delicious. ;)

Paul Petrissans

Jan 4, 2013
Just switched to Android, for the life of me can't figure out how to lock the camera. Can't even find the option mentioned in this guide, which is making me queasy. Anyone know how to do this?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Just switched to Android, for the life of me can't figure out how to lock the camera. Can't even find the option mentioned in this guide, which is making me queasy. Anyone know how to do this?
Long press the top left button, the one that changes camera views. Hold it for 1sec+.
Welcome to Android Paul.

Paul Petrissans

Jan 4, 2013
Long press the top left button, the one that changes camera views. Hold it for 1sec+.
Welcome to Android Paul.

Thanks for that. However, as soon as I pulled that off, the score at top of the screen went away and I don't see any options for that either. I've had this on PS2, PS3, iOS, Steam... why they got to make me feel stupid about this basic a@@ s@@@?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Thanks for that. However, as soon as I pulled that off, the score at top of the screen went away and I don't see any options for that either. I've had this on PS2, PS3, iOS, Steam... why they got to make me feel stupid about this basic a@@ s@@@?
Just checking your pressing the right button, it looks like... (see attached pic).
This button if short pressed changes the in game camera angle through 4 preset views, or the plunger cam through 3 pre set angles. If long pressed for more than 1sec it toggles the zoom lock, and either displays a padlock as shown for locked, or not for unlocked.

You can also change this setting through the options menu.
During a game, press the top right button,
Pick 'options'.
Pick 'camera'.
And you get a menu screen as shown in the second attached pic.

Regarding your score (the DMD) disappearing, I didn't think that was still possible to remove.
It used to be an option years ago, which could be switched off and was used when some of the Alpha numeric type displays were causing issues with performance (this was back in 2012). I've not used it for years but just had a flick through the menus but can't see an option to do that anymore.
What or where did you press when it vanished?

Anyone else know how it's switched on or off?

Failing someone else chiming in, you could ask Farsight support, they are very helpful and usually come back to you as soon as they can.
Email = support@farsightstudios.com
3d83b1a647ca02d5b1fdbd36a3a8c266.jpg
86fad7c63761ac0bac9c40af64db65f6.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.