Zaccaria Guides

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Many thanks baron. Very nicely explained and it cleared up the Camera slide and dead zone or me which I had no clue about. Thanks for the tips too on how to get a minimal moving camera.

Will have a good play with these tonight :)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Cheers mate, hope it makes sense and you can read it. I'll try and clean up the image clarity for the gui overview. The free editor I use put shadow behind the text and it's not too clear in pdf.
What was confusing me was that I was getting that blank screen when tweaking the cam settings. You solved that issue for me by explaining that I needed to have a table selected first.

ASK could solve this by putting in an overlay into the app the first time you run the custom editor explaining that you need to select a table first. Or even better, disable or grey-out the cam editor on the main Settings menu to prevent users from selecting it.

This is the same issue I have with a lot of the TPA features: not adequately explained, and no official guide for users.

Your guide is definitely filling that gap.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Looks Goood man and it would be nice if Zsolt adds it to the camera menu for the people who just got into zacc camera editing.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Thanks guys!

Been flirting with Landscape mode and Zacc for the first time, and have to say for some tables I'm quite liking it. (I can make the Pinball Champ 82 upper playfield a lot more often).

Just wanted to share, i've found when playing in Landscape, in regards 'Camera Slide' setting, it's best to have the slider at the bottom. Although it goes against my normal Portrait preferences, it means the camera pans towards the flippers quicker for a decending ball. With the 'Camera Slide' set to the top of the range, the camera doesn't pan quickly enough and the ball drains before you can see what's going on down there.

These are my personal prefered settings for Landscape, which I've assigned to be Camera 5. Give it a try. :)

016fa045008fbd30cfa1b9285d94acdf.jpg

4b7c1c69074f841c70a9632d9a9c2eeb.jpg

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Thanks for this Baron - very useful. I'd discounted anything other than Camera "1" as I found the scrolling camera nauseating and couldn't really understand the custom camera settings.

Using your portrait settings are actually pretty good. Gives more of a top down view compared to default camera 1 and very little scrolling. Liking it so far, especially on my favourite table "Space Shuttle".

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Thanks for this Baron - very useful. I'd discounted anything other than Camera "1" as I found the scrolling camera nauseating and couldn't really understand the custom camera settings.

Using your portrait settings are actually pretty good. Gives more of a top down view compared to default camera 1 and very little scrolling. Liking it so far, especially on my favourite table "Space Shuttle".
Cheers mate - you can set the view to be as top down as you like it with the custom cam.
Another tip if you prefer minimal movement, is to set the 'lower view' and 'top view' to be as close to each other visually as you can make them. This makes the pan almost negligible if that's your preference.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
is there a way to stop the camera from scrolling up and down?
Camera 1 is fixed, but not customisable.

If playing in portrait, set cam to 4, in custom editor with first camera view ticked, make both lower and top views as similar as possible. Also set 'camera slide' to the top of its slider, and 'Deadzone' to the bottom of its slider.
This'll give you minimum camera pan. But it's not fixed.

If you download the guide in first post of this thread, there's pics of the settings to achieve this, and explanations of what the controls do.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Camera 1 is fixed, but not customisable.

If playing in portrait, set cam to 4, in custom editor with first camera view ticked, make both lower and top views as similar as possible. Also set 'camera slide' to the top of its slider, and 'Deadzone' to the bottom of its slider.
This'll give you minimum camera pan. But it's not fixed.

If you download the guide in first post of this thread, there's pics of the settings to achieve this, and explanations of what the controls do.

I downloaded the guide. Was very helpful. Thanks!

Would love to have a stationary cam option.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.