The Best Zaccaria Pins

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
What are your top 5 Zacc pins? I just bought Gold, so I'm exploring many of these for the first time.

I love drop targets, so I'd also like to hear which are the best in that department too?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
If you're limiting to 5...
Mine ATM would be

1 Shooting the rapids
2 Space Shuttle
3 Star God
4 Pinball Champ 82

And struggling to decide between, Fire Mountain, Magic Castle, and Aerobatics for position 5.

I keep constantly finding new appeal in different tables though.
Only ones I can't take to are Stars Phoenix, and Zankor.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I'm in the same boat and just kind of gleefully jumping around the tables so far. I did notice that Strike has a classic layout of a big bank of drop targets right across the middle of the playfield, reminds me a lot of the layout of Gottlieb's "Jacks Open," a fave of mine in VP (more elaborate scoring in that one though I think).

haj

Sep 28, 2012
For that I think anything older than 1980. These old tables are so addictive. I kinda group these tables for the feeling of them.

Shooting the Rapids, Fire Mountain, Winter Sports => they're not unique but classic, you'll always get feeling like home of pinball :)
Star God, Future World => twisted interesting series. Nice.
House of Diamonds, Strike, Aerobatics, Circus, Comat => I group these when I want to feel like old.
Hot Wheels => very unique table, with new physics it's now much more enjoyable
Space Shuttle => when you're agressive

Mystic star = Is this really from 1986? I would categorize this table to House of Diamond group. I love this table.

night

May 18, 2012
This is too hard but I give it a shot:

Space Shuttle
Pinball Champ
Aerobatics
Farfalla
Spooky

But I love Combat and Circus and Future World and.. too hard.

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Only ones I can't take to are Stars Phoenix, and Zankor.

There will come a time when you get really curious what Zacc multiball would be like. And you will realize Stars Phoniex holds that answer. Know it is a brutal table goal to complete. And yet you will find your self drawn back to it, cause it's worth it.

Zankor to me is the only weak table. But I still play it for the music drops.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I like the building spinner value with each drop target bank complete in 'Shooting the rapids', and the art is just beautiful, hence why my current fav.

But a lot of these tables have really great careful thought out design behind them, example Mexico 86, can't cradle easily on the right due to slingshot design, so shots to the mini field are harder. Just 1 example, but I think the design behind the tables is great, and the sim really shows this off to it's best.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
All listed are good but for whatever reason, Robot would def be in my top 5 but does not seem to feel the love of the community :)

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
My boss' favorites:

1. Pinball Champ '82
2. Combat
3. Time Machine
4. Locomotion
5. Devil Riders

These pinball machines were available in Hungary around 1985 and played with them a lot.

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
All listed are good but for whatever reason, Robot would def be in my top 5 but does not seem to feel the love of the community :)

Robot is great! Definitely one of my favorites.

The first time I got the robot bridge and raised the robots was crazy. I had no idea they were there.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
I don't know if it's the new physics but hitting the bridge is perfect now. IE: I still get missed shots but I hit the bridge typically once a game and in the last game I played, 3x in one ball! I find hitting the bridge in Spooky to be much more difficult (not a complaint!)

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I don't know if it's the new physics but hitting the bridge is perfect now. IE: I still get missed shots but I hit the bridge typically once a game and in the last game I played, 3x in one ball!)

The new physics are great. I never realized till yesterday that you could reactivate the bridge while you still have robots up. so it actually becomes more important that you shoot all the robots down before reactivating the bridge. The bridge shot was so hard in previous builds I'd never experienced that.

Iguana

Jul 28, 2013
Farfalla (drop target heaven).

Magic castle and Pinball champ (for me, these were the only tables I was able to play with some sort of control prior to the last several updates).

Devil riders (addicting... Fun and unique).

Strike and shooting the Rapids (yes, went over 5. It's the drop targets, man - I can relate. Would kill to have Royal Flush on TPA).

74-89

May 2, 2014
Top 5? Haha! Guess I'm a Gen 1 fanatic. My top 10 looks like this, in chronological order:

Strike
Future World
Hot Wheels
Shooting The Rapids
Fire Mountain
Star God
Space Shuttle
Earth Wind Fire
Locomotion
Mystic Star

Drop target heaven! My favorites are Star God, Future World & Hot Wheels. Space Shuttle is the most challenging. Rising star early table coming on strong is House Of Diamonds - the more I play the more I like it. I also like all the EMs and other early tables, no complaints there.

Gen 2 is a bit more hot & cold. Favorites are Blackbelt, Robot, Pinball Champ '82. Time Machine, Clown & Pool Champion also very good. Farfalla is the most challenging. Magic Castle is the easiest. Mexico '86 is cool, I like it better than Soccer Kings. Spooky is a table I really liked at first but with repeated play comes the feeling that it's a little on the empty side, not terribly much to interact with. Still I like the art, the theme and the spooky owl. Devil Riders loses points for speech I don't enjoy.

Least favorite table is Zankor. About all it has going for it is weirdness. Table layout is chaotic and messy, and the ramp is pretty much wasted on launching the ball. Sound scheme is vexing. Star's Phoenix is the other table I don't really like much, for pretty much the same reasons. Also the theme confuses me - is it about bowling or gambling, or both? Was this an Italian TV game show and that's why I don't get it? The art doesn't really grab me either.

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone, it would be easy with so many great tables to like.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Here are my favorite 6. I just couldn't seem to eliminate one of these to make it five. Ten would have been much easier.

Shooting The Rapids
Strike (my fave when I'm into hitting some drops)
Combat
Magic Castle
Pinball Champ 82
Farfalla

Last edited:

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Here are my favorite 6. I just couldn't seem to eliminate one of these to make it five. Ten would have been much easier.

Shooting The Rapids
Strike (my fave when I'm into hitting some drops)
Combat
Magic Castle
Pinball Champ 82
Farfalla
____
Great lists y'all 😉😁. Zacarria really knew pinball well eh.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Really like all of them especially the EMs, plus Strike, Shooting the Rapids. Don't like Stars Phoenix either, but not complaining.

My boss' favorites:

1. Pinball Champ '82
2. Combat
3. Time Machine
4. Locomotion
5. Devil Riders

These pinball machines were available in Hungary around 1985 and played with them a lot.

Good news the boss loves Pinball as we are likely to see some more ;).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.