Re-assessing voting EMs

What EMs do you really want? (vote up to 3)

• Humpty Dumpty (Gottlieb, 1947)

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Knock Out (Gottlieb, 1950)

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Slick Chick (Gottlieb, 1963)

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Sing Along (Gottlieb, 1967)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jive Time (Williams, 1970)

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Fireball (Bally, 1971)

Votes: 31 45.6%
  • Nip-It (Bally, 1972)

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Space Time (Bally, 1972)

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Wizard (Bally, 1975)

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Spirit of 76 (Gottlieb, 1975)

Votes: 27 39.7%
  • Atlantis (Gottlieb, 1975)

• Hokus Pokus (Bally, 1975)

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Abra Ca Dabra (Gottlieb, 1975)

• Fast Draw (Gottlieb, 1975)

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Royal Flush (Gottlieb, 1976)

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Space Mission (Williams, 1976)

• Surf Champ (Gottlieb, 1976)

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Centigrade 37 (Gottlieb, 1977)

Votes: 18 26.5%

• Total voters

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Maybe we will get lucky and Farsight can release the EM table license for some one else to tackle (ask homework) as they have stated they will not be doing EM's. After all, the mission statement is about 'preserving pinball'. Someone else came up with this and posted a while back. Is it possible?

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Maybe we will get lucky and Farsight can release the EM table license for some one else to tackle (ask homework) as they have stated they will not be doing EM's. After all, the mission statement is about 'preserving pinball'. Someone else came up with this and posted a while back. Is it possible?

That would be great! Though part of me kinda likes ASK giving these obscure European tables their moment in the sun.

Anyone who likes EM's and isn't playing Zaccaria Pinball yet should jump on!

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014

When did they state this? At the beginning of the season it was one EM per season. ??

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
That would be great! Though part of me kinda likes ASK giving these obscure European tables their moment in the sun.

Agree ^
The Zacc EMs have been some of the best ASK has done. They really hit a home run on them.
It would be super fantastic if they could swing a deal with Farsight to handle the EM recreations.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Granting Farsight exclusive rights to 100s if not 1000s of tables probably didn't matter 3 or 4 years ago when they were the only serious contender to make virtual recreations, but now it is total insanity. Hopefully when they renew the deal they will only being able to get rights to tables they can commit to over a three year period. That would be 36 tables, leaving 1000s of other tables for Ask to cherry pick.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Granting Farsight exclusive rights to 100s if not 1000s of tables probably didn't matter 3 or 4 years ago when they were the only serious contender to make virtual recreations, but now it is total insanity. Hopefully when they renew the deal they will only being able to get rights to tables they can commit to over a three year period. That would be 36 tables, leaving 1000s of other tables for Ask to cherry pick.

Agreed. If Farsight hates pre 1980 tables and ASK is willing to make them, I hope something can be worked out. Even if ASK just sticks to European tables, I hope they find this niche worth exploring post Zacc.

I'd be curious to know if anyone from Farsight has played the Zaccaria Ems. I can't see them not seeing the allure of the gameplay. I stopped playing Addams Family for a bit cause every game was taking me 20-30 minutes. sometimes you want something quick and fun that doesn't have a million rules and OCD like steps and you can just play.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Agreed. If Farsight hates pre 1980 tables and ASK is willing to make them, I hope something can be worked out. Even if ASK just sticks to European tables, I hope they find this niche worth exploring post Zacc.

I'd be curious to know if anyone from Farsight has played the Zaccaria Ems. I can't see them not seeing the allure of the gameplay. I stopped playing Addams Family for a bit cause every game was taking me 20-30 minutes. sometimes you want something quick and fun that doesn't have a million rules and OCD like steps and you can just play.

100% agree with you. I really wish FarSight would use a few of those EM licenses to give it the FS treatment though!

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
When did they state this? At the beginning of the season it was one EM per season. ??

Im sorry I gathered this info reading this forum. When season 4 was upcoming, farsight said one EM for season 4 and one for 5. Then the pre-1980 poll Xenon won by a wide margin. They then said that poll was for the "EM" slot. Logic would have it, in a similar season 5 poll, Paragon will cruse to victory. It was just my opinion based on what Ive read. I would be really happy if Farsight did make an EM again tho.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014

Yes the European tables are very cool and totally new to someone like me. More would be great!

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Im sorry I gathered this info reading this forum. When season 4 was upcoming, farsight said one EM for season 4 and one for 5. Then the pre-1980 poll Xenon won by a wide margin. They then said that poll was for the "EM" slot. Logic would have it, in a similar season 5 poll, Paragon will cruse to victory. It was just my opinion based on what Ive read. I would be really happy if Farsight did make an EM again tho.
Yeah, truth be told if it was a choice between an EM and Paragon I would take the Paragon :/
I just want to play that table so bad...

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
The current top 5:

1. Fireball
2. Royal Flush
3. Spirit of 76
4. Centigrade 37
5. Space Mission

PinballWizzard71

May 3, 2015
Hard choice but Slick Chick, Fireball, and Knockout! The last one is especially cool with the boxing ring and the fighters that fall down as if being knocked out!

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
----
agree big-time ;)

karl

May 10, 2012
Hard to choose only 3 but I went with the following. PS! Really missing Jungle Queen from the list.

1. Spirit of 76 (classic)
2. Centigrade 37 (love the art)
3. Hokus Pokus (great spinners and cool art)

Bubblig just below the surface

4. Surf Champ (great game, only problem is that on this and a few others the spinner goes right into the bumpers. Not a fan of those)
5. Fast Draw (also great but similar to Spirit of 76)
6. Atlantis (also great but similar to Cen 37)

I could probably go on with more of them, like Abra Ca dabra, Royal Flush, Wizard, Royal Flush etc ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts