Post Zaccaria - Future Tables

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Not sure if this one was posted yet, but it's one of my favorite Game Plan pins:

2114f1.jpg

image-4.jpg

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
:p for me its fun to just look through all these pins that are new to me. Of corse ASK will do what is best for them. Its all just supposed to be in fun. But if they know what we want for the most part and can do it we all win

Methinks our input is very important to ASK. As much as I love TPA they don't come anywhere near the level of customer service that ASK does. We post a bug, it's fixed within weeks. Every tiny one!! So, my guess is if we were to post a poll, and the winner(s) will be seriously considered. Obviously that's just a guess but if their past track record is relevant in perhaps getting additional licenses then I would say a poll would not be in vain.

night

May 18, 2012
Methinks our input is very important to ASK. As much as I love TPA they don't come anywhere near the level of customer service that ASK does. We post a bug, it's fixed within weeks. Every tiny one!! So, my guess is if we were to post a poll, and the winner(s) will be seriously considered. Obviously that's just a guess but if their past track record is relevant in perhaps getting additional licenses then I would say a poll would not be in vain.

Absolutely. The whole Zaccaria-app is so well-made, with all these settings, the graphics and the physic engine. It has become one of the best virtual pinball simulations. If will be such a pity if all this would end with Zaccaria. There are a lot of suggestions made here for alternative companies. Perhaps some of them can be added to Zaccaria, it can become a collection on it's own, just like TPA. Rename Zaccaria into 'Retro Pinball Arcade' (..or something)! There are small companies that made just a few tables, larger ones with more. Not everything is worth to recreate, but if it can all be put in one single app, ASK could become a second TPA with all these great obscure tables! The engine is here, it's ready for the future, and this can be the future! Let's never stop dreaming.

Last edited:

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Loved playing Sharpshooter. An obscure classic. I don't see any differences on Sharpshooter II besides the backglass and a few subtle changes on the playfield.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
All these one offs and company's with only a few releases would be amazing to have in digital form. I get the feeling that ASK would be better off doing the company with the largest # of good pins next. Maybe Taito or Recel, that way they wont have to worry about licensing for a while. On the other hand it may be in their best interest to scoop up as many licenses as possible before someone else can.

Maybe the most logical thing to do next is go for the Zac descendants listed in the op.

Looking at what is left really makes me appreciate how amazing Zaccaria is/was. So much great designs art and sounds. I am grateful for what ASK has been able to accomplish so far

Last edited:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
All these one offs and company's with only a few releases would be amazing to have in digital form. I get the feeling that ASK would be better off doing the company with the largest # of good pins next. Maybe Taito or Recel, that way they wont have to worry about licensing for a while. On the other hand it may be in their best interest to scoop up as many licenses as possible before someone else can.

Maybe the most logical thing to do next is go for the Zac descendants listed in the op.

Looking at what is left really makes me appreciate how amazing Zaccaria is/was. So much great designs art and sounds. I am grateful for what ASK has been able to accomplish so far

+1

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Tecnoplay has 3 tables basically. Devil King is a remake of Zaccaria Mystic Star. Hi-Ball = Space Team in a different cabinet.

Leaving Scramble, X Force, and Space Team

Mr. Game has 4 tables. Dakar Sofficini is a limited run of Dakar. Motor Show is a renamed Fast Track.
Dakar, Mac Attack, Fast Track, and World Cup '90 all have a color backbox video monitor for scoring ect.

37 projected tables in the Zaccaria collection (41 if we get Tropical, Top Hand, Granada, and Stars Phoenix) 7 tables is not enough for its own collection. Correct any mistakes I make and add any info I missed.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Alvin G. Has the previously discussed 4 pinballs + a soccer and a football themed head to head pinball game. This might be able to work nicely for some pvp action :)

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Interflip/ Recreativos Franco has 10 machines 1 SS 9 EMs. 2 of the tables have no images on ipdb but Mississippi has a youtube vid and Venus 5 playfield can be seen on a virtual pinball forum so there may be hope of getting recreations. I think these would complement a set of SS tables nicely.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Atari had 9 widebody SS tables. 2 of which may have difficult licenses. Superman and Road Runner. Only 2 Road Runners seem to have been made. Only 2 4X4 tables were made also. This video shows a faster playing Superman.

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014

Game Plan had 11 full size SS machines that made it to production. 10 Global Warfare tables were made. Only the prototype of Loch Ness Monster exists. Challenger 1 is missing photos on ipdb.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
37 projected tables in the Zaccaria collection (41 if we get Tropical, Top Hand, Granada, and Stars Phoenix) 7 tables is not enough for its own collection. Correct any mistakes I make and add any info I missed.

I would say, pick the best fruits from all these various manufacturers, emulate what's possible and add them all to the Zaccaria collection, rename Zaccaria into 'The Retro Arcade' ( or something) and you have the most amazing collection. This will also solve the problem some manufacturers only have a few cool tables. We could have the most amazing collection of all these great obscure tables, just like TPA. ASK has a diamond in their hands with the engine they build for Zaccaria.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Taito Lady Luck looks especially interesting to me. Same as Bally Mata Hari but with playfield magnets.

Notable Features: Flippers (2), Pop bumpers (4), Slingshots (2), 4-bank drop targets (2), Magnets (2), Kick-out hole (1). A player-controlled magnet is under the playfield just below each bank of drop targets, where a flipper design is painted on the playfield. Extra flipper buttons on the cabinet allow the player to operate the magnets. From ipdb

Taito seems to have made around 30 different tables. All but three on ipdb say similar to, copy off, or same art as a Williams, Bally, Gottlieb, Zaccaria, or Recel table.

None of them say conversion kit.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Hey Snorzel.
Just to say you did a great work on this thread so far.
Really. A big THANK YOU.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I've played a few Atari pins and I usually find they play a little better than they look. The last I remember playing was called Middle Earth. I thought it looked horrendous. Ended up playing 4 or 5 games on it. Thought it was fun.

night

May 18, 2012
I've played a few Atari pins and I usually find they play a little better than they look. The last I remember playing was called Middle Earth. I thought it looked horrendous. Ended up playing 4 or 5 games on it. Thought it was fun.

You find this horrendous? Kolchak no! It's so beautiful, it belongs in the Louvre!

image-25.jpg

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The art is sort of 70's cool and doesn't really bother me. I meant the layout looked horrid. Offset flippers, odd bumper placement, just a bunch of strange angles and shots. But it played fun.

Edit - kind of a He-Man meets Land of The Lost thing going on here. The art reminds me of a colorforms play set. Remember those things?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.