Xbox One Bug List

Silvergunner

Jul 23, 2013
Hi there,

yesterday I download TPA for Xone and have noticed some problems.

-local highscores don`t save,after set console off
-goals/wizard goals,no save,after set console off
-Leaderboards is broken (okay,this is not unknown!)

...but the no saving local highscore/goals is a very disappointment,is this a generally problem?
What can I do ?

Thanks for answers

EDIT yes,xbox is always connected with internet

ATARI

May 13, 2014
Hi there,

yesterday I download TPA for Xone and have noticed some problems.

-local highscores don`t save,after set console off
-goals/wizard goals,no save,after set console off
-Leaderboards is broken (okay,this is not unknown!)

...but the no saving local highscore/goals is a very disappointment,is this a generally problem?
What can I do ?

Thanks for answers

EDIT yes,xbox is always connected with internet

Hi, I had the same 2 weeks ago, when I started TPA connected to internet all my local scores, goals, wizards gone. I got a feeling something wrong as when I started TPA I get the welcome screen and each table history. Tried Adams Family got two goals and local score. I exited game, shut down xbox, restarted guess what Adams Family no saves. Just tried again same, lost everything. My achievements still there but shows I've completed 15% to get achievement but I don't know which tables ive done them on. Also the room brightness goes back to default-----Bright

Silvergunner

Jul 23, 2013
Hi ATARI,

thanks for quick response,so I´m not alone ;-) Few hours ago I send an email to Farsight and hope they can fix the issues.
Hope for an (big) update soon.

ATARI

May 13, 2014
Hi ATARI,

thanks for quick response,so I´m not alone ;-) Few hours ago I send an email to Farsight and hope they can fix the issues.
Hope for an (big) update soon.

Everything was fine, problem only started 2/3 weeks ago. The only thing ive done different is added Project Cars, have you purchased this...if you read the forums on P.Cars you have to do hard restart to get P.Cars to work correctly wonder if its corrupted the save. (Just a thought I had)

pinbad

Jul 1, 2015
I've noticed that the game resets all of the table or wizard goals and local high scores, is this an error with the save file?
Hi guys, This is my problem also. I talked to Flippy yesterday about this. As for troubleshooting so far I have tried clearing the cache by performing a cold restart of the system. No success.

Silvergunner

Jul 23, 2013
Yesterday I send an email to Farsight and got answer today:

"Hello there!
We are very sorry, this is an issue we are aware of and we are working very hard to fix. This issue will most likely be resolved in the next update. Sorry for the trouble."

TwilightEndZone

Jun 12, 2015
Noob to the forum... definitely not a pinball noob, though. I've been playing since I was a kid in the 70's and I own the insanely awesome classic Paragon.
I guess I am just going to echo the same complaint or "bug issue" as ATARI, pinbad and others have said. My scores, goals, settings, custom balls, etc. keep getting wiped out. It is pretty frustrating because it is nice to 'Ace' a table and move on to the next one with the ultimate goal of becoming a wizard on all tables. Obviously, that is not possible if the game keeps acting like it is the first time you have ever played.

My user name here is the same as on XBOX in the unlikely event the game makers need an example of this happening or want to verify my statements.

Other than that massive problem, I love the game. -- Still, one other thing that happens on rare occasion is when you flip a flipper / pull a trigger on the controller... it won't flip. It is as if the game thinks you are unresponsive and the ball just rolls right on by. No biggie. It usually only happens when I'm having the game of my life. :mad: :D

crimsonclober

Jun 21, 2015
As soon as it gives me the "Welcome to TPA" screen I immediately shut the system off, then boot it up again.

So today Xbox One made me update the whole system. I've had the "Welcome to TPA" screen before (say half dozen times or so), and after either logging off and logging back in, or shutting the system off and back on, I almost always got all of my stats back. NOT TONIGHT. I have tried logging off and back on, and shutting the system of and back on multiple times, and NOTHING is back. So now what? I'm not playing the game again until my stats are back, for fear of erasing everything.

UPDATE: Admittedly, I've only had XB1 for about 6 weeks now. I searched for game save files, can't find it for TPA. I searched for Cloud storage thinking I might have a copy auto-saved there; looks like that's called something new on XB1, and I haven't signed up for it yet. So, after a few more tries I'm about ready to give up, and finally, I logged back out and in for about the eighth time, and there it is, my stats are back. I am so very confused! But at the same time, as long as they're not lost permanently, I'm cool with that. I think we all would like to know what causes this, however, and if there is a way to ensure our save files can be backed up. (Please assist, XB1 experts.)

Leaderboards are still a huge mess, that's a different (and lesser, IMO) issue.

Last edited:

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
So today Xbox One made me update the whole system. I've had the "Welcome to TPA" screen before (say half dozen times or so), and after either logging off and logging back in, or shutting the system off and back on, I almost always got all of my stats back. NOT TONIGHT. I have tried logging off and back on, and shutting the system of and back on multiple times, and NOTHING is back. So now what? I'm not playing the game again until my stats are back, for fear of erasing everything.

UPDATE: Admittedly, I've only had XB1 for about 6 weeks now. I searched for game save files, can't find it for TPA. I searched for Cloud storage thinking I might have a copy auto-saved there; looks like that's called something new on XB1, and I haven't signed up for it yet. So, after a few more tries I'm about ready to give up, and finally, I logged back out and in for about the eighth time, and there it is, my stats are back. I am so very confused! But at the same time, as long as they're not lost permanently, I'm cool with that. I think we all would like to know what causes this, however, and if there is a way to ensure our save files can be backed up. (Please assist, XB1 experts.)

Leaderboards are still a huge mess, that's a different (and lesser, IMO) issue.
Glad they came back! I also do the "full shutdown/reboot" (not sure exactly what it's called). Takes about a minute to boot every time I turn the machine on but it also seems to help.

Purp1eLemon

Jun 10, 2012
Creature From the Black Lagoon:
The ball appears in front of the hologram of the creature when going under the table from the left side (kissing hole) to the right side.

I've also experience TPA losing my high scores and goals. I'm glad it's not just me.

Frito

Jan 21, 2015
Hi, I had the same 2 weeks ago, when I started TPA connected to internet all my local scores, goals, wizards gone. I got a feeling something wrong as when I started TPA I get the welcome screen and each table history. Tried Adams Family got two goals and local score. I exited game, shut down xbox, restarted guess what Adams Family no saves. Just tried again same, lost everything. My achievements still there but shows I've completed 15% to get achievement but I don't know which tables ive done them on. Also the room brightness goes back to default-----Bright
I got Season 3 at the weekend and all these bugs are present still as of today, so there has been no update in a month despite the game missing so much functionality? I want to play the tables I bought but whats the point when it won't save local high scores or any of my settings, if you play in a dark room and choose your custom ball all this is lost. I had a lot of issues when I bought the 360 version (had to wait a week after purchase as they hadn't updated it properly) so it's a massive disappointment to find the XBox One version is not perfect. I've had Xbox Live for 3 years now and have never had any issues with the 50 odd other games I've bought or downloaded, you just expect stuff to work when you pay the money.

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
I got Season 3 at the weekend and all these bugs are present still as of today, so there has been no update in a month despite the game missing so much functionality? I want to play the tables I bought but whats the point when it won't save local high scores or any of my settings, if you play in a dark room and choose your custom ball all this is lost. I had a lot of issues when I bought the 360 version (had to wait a week after purchase as they hadn't updated it properly) so it's a massive disappointment to find the XBox One version is not perfect. I've had Xbox Live for 3 years now and have never had any issues with the 50 odd other games I've bought or downloaded, you just expect stuff to work when you pay the money.
I feel your pain and I agree 100%. But I learned long ago on the PS3 version to have low expectations and prepare to be disappointed.

If my wife and I didn't play 10 hours a week every week for almost three years now I wouldn't give Farsight another dime of my money. But we are hooked, there is no other way to play these tables like this, so here we are.

Frito

Jan 21, 2015
The leaderboards and online settings are still broken, and no update, despite this being flagged up again and again

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.