Bug PS4 (NA) Version 1.24 Master Bugs List (Updated Up To Banzai Run)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Would these bugs be better addressed as individually posted on the PS4 section of the forum or will Fasight see them here?
It seems like the sound glitches spans many tables and have been like this for well over a year. Out of all.of the current bugs I think this needs to be addressed once and for all. It's a pretty big bug which really ruines the entire experience IMO.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Would these bugs be better addressed as individually posted on the PS4 section of the forum or will Fasight see them here?
It seems like the sound glitches spans many tables and have been like this for well over a year. Out of all.of the current bugs I think this needs to be addressed once and for all. It's a pretty big bug which really ruines the entire experience IMO.

It's better to have all the bugs/issues centralized here as FarSight references this thread when entering PS4 bugs into their tracker. I have had conversations with them about the sound issues (listed under the "Main Menu / UI / All Tables Issues" section) and they are definitely looking into them.

I'm still planning to update the OP as soon as I get some extra time so please keep posting all the bugs/issues you guys find here and I will verify and add them to the OP.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
Roadshow Pinball - Dark Transparent Rectangle on Playing Field near the right side of the Red Boombox (Also blocking lighting GI as well)

PS4

0TrURLS.jpg

7JJo7Xg.jpg

PC version (How it should look)

RrjTWDt.jpg

High Speed 2 - Dark Transparent Rectangle in front of Red Lights on upper playing field

PS4

V5L3d90.jpg

PC (How it's supposed to look)

9zvZuvu.jpg

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
The lighting on the PC version looks incredible. I wish the PS4 version looked more like this.
It has a softer, more natural lighting.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Roadshow Pinball - Dark Transparent Rectangle on Playing Field near the right side of the Red Boombox (Also blocking lighting GI as well)
High Speed 2 - Dark Transparent Rectangle in front of Red Lights on upper playing field

Makes me wonder what these dark transparent squares are there for?

I think they're the invisible walls to keep the ball from getting hit out of the table except they're not invisible on the PS4 for whatever reason...

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Makes me wonder what these dark transparent squares are there for?

I think they're the invisible walls to keep the ball from getting hit out of the table except they're not invisible on the PS4 for whatever reason...

The squares your seeing are basically walls that we fake flasher lighting on for platforms that don't have DX11 lighting. Since PS4 has DX11 lighting, the squares were supposed to be removed.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
The squares your seeing are basically walls that we fake flasher lighting on for platforms that don't have DX11 lighting. Since PS4 has DX11 lighting, the squares were supposed to be removed.

Ah. That clears it up, thanks! There's another square slightly visible on Roadshow Pinball to the left. You can really only notice it when the flasher lights up on the left side.

bjVfTKy.jpg

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Should we add the new bugs from 1.12 here?

There are now "ghost balls" showing up on many of the machines. They often start out in the plunger lane, but will materialize in other areas. Theatre of Magic had 4 of these showing up under the flippers.

I made a video to show off the new lighting and sound slider features, but it ended up showing off the bad sound quality and "ghost balls" instead.

http://youtu.be/zFfCxtkFjS4
More obvious sound glitching at 7:22 during Gorgar and "Ghost balls" throughout, with a very strange one shooting up to the surface during a tilt at 10:59

I'd be fine with these weird new glitches if they could just fix the audio. Everything else is secondary when the audio is this glitchy.

Perhaps Farsight's "audio guy", if they have such a person, could be helped out by an article on the causes of audio pops and clicks in software, such as this.
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct06/articles/pcmusician_1006.htm

It generally applys to PC audio recording, but maybe some of it is helpful.
Such as how improperly buffered RAM can cause such glitching.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Should we add the new bugs from 1.12 here?

Yes, please continue to post bugs/issues here. I'm still working on the list behind the scenes whenever I have spare time and FarSight periodically checks in here as well.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
The Pinball Arcade PS4 Version 1.12

New Features:

Room Brightness Sliders
Audio Sliders

And of course, some brand new BALLS... I mean BUGS have arrived as a exclusive to the PS4™.

B8HZmsG.jpg

Yes Bugs, those pesky programming errors that should have been corrected years ago has returned with new friends...

Phantom Transparent White Balls of DOOM have invaded some of your favorite tables!

2P3xXz3.jpg

These white balls usually hang out in the plunger lane, on top of some tables near the plunger lane, or manifest themselves during a drain (Gorgar as listed in a previous post). They are not affected by any of the lighting effects, so the bug doesn't even look cool. Bundle this glitch alongside the popping and crackling audio bugs as something that needs to be fixed ASAP:(

Here they all are, in their HD glory.

Cirqus Voltaire (Currently the worst current gen version of this table on any platform due to numerous bugs like the infamous transparent squares, introduced in the first patch for PS4)

BNG1iIy.jpg

Space Shuttle

76PVP6S.jpg

Tales of The Arabian Nights

PYtaNHh.jpg

Funhouse (Slightly in the plunger lane and clipping through the table)

iHbAMAd.jpg

Medieval Madness

1wrj7Mp.jpg

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
(Continued)

Earthshaker (Clipping into the plunger lane)

jTI537J.jpg

Elvira and The Party Monsters (A little bit to the left of the plunger lane, on top of the table. On top of the arrow in apron art)

4meDcyC.jpg

Taxi

azCIsv2.jpg

Centaur ( In plunger lane, clipping through ball)

hHVTGD0.jpg

Firepower (Clipping into the plunger lane)

MbBtSYp.jpg

Pinbot (A little bit to the left of the plunger lane, on top of the table. On top of the apron art)

i8EuGU3.jpg

Whirlwind (Clipping through the pinball at the bottom of the plunger)

w6MbVG0.jpg

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
The Transparent Squares from Cirqus Voltaire, RoadShow, and High Speed 2 are also in Season 5's Hurricane!

The blue and red flashers at the upper part of the table all have DX9 flasher squares that shouldn't be there.

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
The Pinball Arcade PS4 Version 1.12

New Features:

Room Brightness Sliders
Audio Sliders

And of course, some brand new BALLS... I mean BUGS have arrived as a exclusive to the PS4™.

Yes Bugs, those pesky programming errors that should have been corrected years ago has returned with new friends...

Phantom Transparent White Balls of DOOM have invaded some of your favorite tables!

These white balls usually hang out in the plunger lane, on top of some tables near the plunger lane, or manifest themselves during a drain (Gorgar as listed in a previous post). They are not affected by any of the lighting effects, so the bug doesn't even look cool. Bundle this glitch alongside the popping and crackling audio bugs as something that needs to be fixed ASAP:(

Here they all are, in their HD glory.

Cirqus Voltaire (Currently the worst current gen version of this table on any platform due to numerous bugs like the infamous transparent squares, introduced in the first patch for PS4)

Farsight will address the audio issues with the next patch according to FlippyFloppy. This is very good news.
I'm sure the new "ghost ball" bug will be resolved as well.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...most-2-5-years?p=237627&viewfull=1#post237627

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
Not sure if this is being worked on but I refuse to play Black Knight due to the issues on locking the balls up top. Half the time I have to call for attendant, attempt the shot again, only to have the ball get stuck in the lock and I have to call attendant again!

gapman

Sep 6, 2016
I have the same problem with Black Knight. Most of the time when I lock three balls up top, the third ball refuses to register and the game is then locked up. Sometimes calling the attendant doesn't work either, as it claims "ball is not missing". Very frustrating when I'm playing a Tournament challenge!

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I have the same problem with Black Knight. Most of the time when I lock three balls up top, the third ball refuses to register and the game is then locked up. Sometimes calling the attendant doesn't work either, as it claims "ball is not missing". Very frustrating when I'm playing a Tournament challenge!

Try giving the table a nudge to the right when the ball is in the lock but not registered. This can sometimes be a workaround but they really should fix and make it right

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012

That, my friend, is the most crushing bug of all and it exists on many tables. I had a 450+ Million game going on EATPM, was definitely in good shape to get to #1 ranking on this run, and then... ball lock, no new ball comes out, dead in the water. Yes, all you can do is quit. Similar long runs have been ruined on BOPM, Taxi, Funhouse... what happens is one ball, usually during a multi-ball it would seem, (though on BK i'm also aware of the one you're describing) somehow slips through some wormhole somewhere and goes off into oblivion. Once this happens, as soon as that ball is required again for the game to continue, you're toast. This bug has been discussed in detail... FS has already told us that 1, due to how the emulation works (there's a longer explanation of this somewhere) they can't simply code a "magical ball return" to bring this ball back, and 2, it's not an easy bug to reproduce, for diagnosis. The only real possible fix is to figure out how and why the ball disappears in the first place, but I doubt they've made any headway on this.

I think that on BK in particular, one of these holes in the table exists right in the ball lock area in the upper playfield.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.