Zaccaria Pinball - (MEGA) update v3.4.2 [iOS/Android]

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Good news everyone! The iOS programmer has made some overtime yesterday and been able to send the latest iOS update to Apple for review. Based on appreviewtimes they will take about 8 days to release it.
FYI porting of new effects and features took about 2 hours only. Rest of the time went for problem solving of the latest Xcode because it crashed every time when a new build was made for sending. A previous Xcode version had to be installed back to be able to do it errorless. Meantime there was a internal server error too. So our programmer had a adventurous night. :)

lio

Jul 24, 2013
Wow, this keeps getting better and better! You really surprise me with what is possible on mobile!
Bring this to PC already! Take my Money! :)

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
[MENTION=2322]Zsolt[/MENTION] once again you have raised the bar! Thank you so much to you and everyone at ASK! I cannot wait to see whats next! I am so excited to see this on pc eventually.

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
I'm wondering if there will be any sort of update to the sounds of the EM tables?

As it is now, they all have electronic-sounding effects, and not the bells I'd assume an actual EM machine would have.

I love EM machines, but the ones in the Zaccaria app seem more like early SS tables - due solely to the sound effects.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
FYI porting of new effects and features took about 2 hours only. Rest of the time went for problem solving of the latest Xcode because it crashed every time when a new build was made for sending. A previous Xcode version had to be installed back to be able to do it errorless. Meantime there was a internal server error too. So our programmer had a adventurous night. :)

Kudos to you for all the info and being so specific. That's pretty rare these days. You've come to the right place to keep people in the loop. It's just nice to know WHY certain things may or may not have been as easy as expected. And ontop of that you've got no problem telling us HOW it was fixed. It would be nice if a certain other ponball app that I know of would learn from this

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I'm wondering if there will be any sort of update to the sounds of the EM tables?

As it is now, they all have electronic-sounding effects, and not the bells I'd assume an actual EM machine would have.

I love EM machines, but the ones in the Zaccaria app seem more like early SS tables - due solely to the sound effects.

This is a good point. Moon Flight, for instance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjkfS_KgkyY

I do like the actual EM bell sound : )

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Yup, I've experienced flipper lag on every device I've tried. I've played with the settings but it doesn't seem to make a noticeable difference. It's quite annoying but I try to tolerate it.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. I feel the current flipper shadows detract from the game and I'd rather not have them at all.

One thing I really don't like, apologies for this, but I get horrendous flipper lag. Both devices I use before and after the update, even with everything possible disabled. Sony Xperia z3 compact and Google nexus 7 2nd generation 32gb tablet. What gives? Anyone else got this?
Just dawned on me what could be causing your lag, or giving the effect of lag.

Go into settings, physics, and scroll down till you find 'rolling tap pass'.
If it's on zero or set low, take it above 50% or up to 100.

Two settings control flippers...
1- 'flipper strength' controls the power a flip has.
2- 'rolling tap pass' which actually controls how fast the flipper coil takes to move from rest, to fully open.
If set to 0% the flippers are slow to move to open, if set to 100% they are fast to open.

I think the default was 0 when first introduced.

Is this what's looking like lag?

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014

I think the answer is in this vid. It shows a Universe pinball with a digital sound board.

Also 2 different Nautilus pinballs are shown on youtube vids one with traditional EM sound one with digital.
i too love the chime box sounds and would love these added as an option on the EM tables they belong with. I bet if ASK can they will add this feature.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Just dawned on me what could be causing your lag, or giving the effect of lag.

Go into settings, physics, and scroll down till you find 'rolling tap pass'.
If it's on zero or set low, take it above 50% or up to 100.

Two settings control flippers...
1- 'flipper strength' controls the power a flip has.
2- 'rolling tap pass' which actually controls how fast the flipper coil takes to move from rest, to fully open.
If set to 0% the flippers are slow to move to open, if set to 100% they are fast to open.

I think the default was 0 when first introduced.

Is this what's looking like lag?

Hi, I'll check, thank you for your reply.
The new and latest update has improved things a fair bit but they still feel far from snappy.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Could it be possible, tha in the new gui for the grafic setting the DEFAULT button doesn't work?
I've change e.g. the % value for metallic FX. A presson default doesn't changed the value back to 50%

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
What do you think? Zacc themed Android home screen with clock widget.

5fd7c425c8bbfc650f317eade5cc439c.jpg

Touch the title on the backglass, and it fires up the 'Zaccaria Pinball' app. :)

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Good news everyone! The iOS programmer has made some overtime yesterday and been able to send the latest iOS update to Apple for review. Based on appreviewtimes they will take about 8 days to release it.
This is great to read! I'm not kidding when I say I've been refreshing my app store on my phone multiple times a day waiting for it's release. Going by that count it should be today or tomorrow then :D

haj

Sep 28, 2012
One thing I've been worrying is that Apple would definitely take higher priority to Apple watch launch... hope it won't affect our precious app release!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.