It's here!

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
Good table; I have to admit I wasn't really thrilled about this one coming in because the lack of multiball really generally makes a game feel lifeless to me, but this is about as good as I can see a single-ball table working.

I was actually pretty shocked by the fact that I managed to clock the scoreboard and get all the goals within an hour (my best game was 16.7 million but only shows as 9,999,999 in the list.) When I first unlocked the Wizard goal list I thought, "Hell, there's probably no way I'll ever get 3 of those," and then proceeded to somehow get them ALL in one game. It was crazy, because I'm by no means a top-level player.

I especially cringed at the 500,000 Skill Shot, because it took me what seemed like forever with quick restarts to even get the first 100K skill shot. I just don't feel like the analog plunging works well at all in the PC version. Building it up to 5x AND hitting the 100K shot seemed impossible, but I nabbed a few extra balls and took my chances. The first one came up JUST short, and the second attempt (out of 3) just BARELY squeaked over into the 100K spot. I was ecstatic, to say the least, especially considering how lousy I am at precision plunging in this game.

The other one that seemed daunting was getting the 2 Million shot. I so often choke on time-limited shots, so even getting it to the million opportunity, much less doing that AND enabling double scoring seemed highly unlikely. I actually kind of got it by accident, in that I went ahead and activated double scoring, then looked up and saw the Comet score was flashing 100K, so I made the shot and suddenly realized I had the opportunity to get the Wizard goal right now. It was a tense wait for the ball to wiggle down to the inlane, but I fired straight and true and nailed it.

I'll always remember this table as the first one that made me briefly feel like a virtual pinball God, but I'm also a bit sad that I've already pretty much done and seen everything it has to offer in a single hour. But it was an exhilarating hour, I'll say that much. Well worth it.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Happy to have the table. Probably will not go into my rotation, but i like having change of pace tables in my collection and this hits the spot, especially after SST and TAF.

Now bring on Hurricane!

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
fun pin -kudos farsight! it was a bit of a surprise table (like ST) when the hint came out. Hadn't heard much chatter about this table prior to its announcement. But lots of fun and glad to have it - wonder if FS is planning on the completing the series since they don't seem to shy when it comes to "collecting them all" - if nothing else for posterity.

considering jackbot and HS2 coming up - the only series pins in TPA (i believe) unfinished is party animals

superdan

Jan 30, 2015
Cyclone is a table I could never own. Not that I don't enjoy it, I do. Not that it's not nastalgic for me, it is. My wife is afraid of clowns. Lol theme killer for home use, but that's the beauty of TPA, non-issue.
I don't need multi-ball to make me happy, and I like ramps which this game has. But finally got it on iOS, enjoy it and will see if it has lasting power once I put up a huge score. Cheers

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
lol YAY yah, such horrible news i just discovered it updating right now, i spilt my drink! ;) awesome-o! :) now next can't wait for that ps3 update...

p.s. 'horrible' in jest of course ;) ... think i was thinking how horrid most iOS games are to try in general; either no demo version, or requires an online connection to play. seems like "demo mode" has gone way of the birds for most!

pps: first try at iOS cyclone, and by default i change my ball to the "zebra" pattern, cuz that's what i find works best for me on iOS/simpler shading... INVISIBLE BALL! well almost entirely; very greatly shaded in its opacity according to its texture pattern (alpha vs. texture?) so i try another custom ball to compare, i think the 8-ball, and again - (mostly) invisible ball!

-then- i go back to the default ball to play the table with - PERFECTO; it appears! :) somehow, some weird way it appears custom ball selection is applying the texture also to the alpha channel? or something like that? you can -almost- see the ball, but not quite, if i select a custom ball design!! what up wit dat?

Last edited:

Members online

Members online