Star Wars Rebels table

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
SW_Rebels_Key_Art_SMALL.jpg

We’re astronomically overjoyed to reveal our next pinball table, Star Wars™ Pinball: Star Wars Rebels™, based on the critically acclaimed animated TV show on Disney XD, Star Wars Rebels™.

Star Wars Pinball: Star Wars Rebels will take players on a journey to a galaxy far, far away, teaming them up with the crew of the starship Ghost, including Kanan Jarrus, Ezra Bridger, Zeb Orrelios, Sabine Wren, Hera Syndulla and the grumpy astromech Droid™ Chopper as they join forces to take on the evil Empire. The table will feature fully-animated starships including the Ghost and TIE fighters, a flaming engine thruster spindisk, Chopper’s own mini playfield, and seven exciting missions inspired by the show.

We know you’ve all been anxious to see if we would continue working with Lucasfilm to create new Star Wars™pinball tables, and we are excited to say that we are doing just that! This new table is set during a time period never explored in the films, so we’re happy to be able to bring our own blend of pinball magic to this new phase of the Star Wars universe.

The table will be available across many of our pinball platforms, including Pinball FX2, Zen Pinball 2, and Star Wars™ Pinball, on console, PC, and mobile during the week of April 27, 2015, just in time for May the Fourth celebrations! Stay tuned for specific release dates and pricing information.

May the Force™ be with you.

SW_Rebels_screenshot_01_logo.jpg

SW_Rebels_screenshot_04_logo.jpg

http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=5141

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
You know what? My first impression is not the feeling of oversaturation with Star Wars or Marvel tables from Zen...it's damn, they really must be doing well with these licenses to keep renewing them! I mean, the first license they had from Star Wars was for 9. They didn't need a kickstarter for it either. Just makes me think of the phrase, "it takes money to make money". My hats off to Zen.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Guess what guys. Deep designed it.

YES.

(if you're confused Deep did the South Park table along with some of my other favorites like Fantastic Four + Episode V)

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
thats great news! I think overall except for a couple(i'm looking at you masters of the force) the majority of the star wars tables are really good fun tables this seems like the perfect fit..more then the clone wars Rebels feels like a star wars prequel in all the best ways..and the Finale reveal...SO GOOD.GIF

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
So I noticed a couple of things:

- There's pop bumper levels just like in Bride of Pinbot
- Thruster is like the centrifuge in CSI
- Chopper mini-Playfield is quite a bit like the Battlefield in The Shadow

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Like very other Zen table, I'll be picking this up on day one. Can't say I'm thrilled with having yet another Star Wars table but this one looks fun. Past ones have been hit and miss (I think Masters of the Force is the possibly the worst Zen 2 table outside of the original four) for me but this one looks fun. And if it's the same designer as the South Park tables? Yeah, that's a big plus.

Having said all that - please give us more original themes! Or...how about an Indiana Jones? :)

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Guess what guys. Deep designed it.

YES.

(if you're confused Deep did the South Park table along with some of my other favorites like Fantastic Four + Episode V)

South Park and FF are 2 of my top 3 Zen tables. Wasn't excited for this table till now.

I like the show enough. it's just nice to be out of the prequel clone wars era. i sorta hate how white bread the jedi dude is though.

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
Achievements on steam:

ec78572361da445150ca6f16ced09004501b61ce.jpg
The collector

Find your first Imperial helmet on the Star Wars Rebels™ table (Single player)

cef02be3ef10a4b0ac3512122b0d1bc58943e19a.jpg
Fire across the galaxy

Duel with the Inquisitor on the Star Wars Rebels™ table (Single player)

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Arguably the easiest zen table to date. Made it through wizard mode on my second game. That never happens. Looks like the first play through all you have to do is activate a mode to have it count toward progress toward wizard mode, and the second play through you actually have to beat the missions to make it stick.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
From April 29th to May 7th, there are sales on PS4/PS3/Vita on all Zen 2 Star Wars packs:

Star Wars Pinball + Balance of The Force + Heroes Within = 9.30$ (more expensive in Europe as always = 12.50€ )

10 tables for a little more than 10 bucks, is it worth it?

I'm not a huge fan of Zen (tables are way too easy and most of the time boring to play as you must strictly follow the rules, - i.e. you can't play wildly otherwise games last for ages-) , I like Star Wars (despite too much Star Wars can be exasperating sometimes)... and I have 10 bucks to spend.:p

Thanks for the answer!

Last edited:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
From April 29th to May 7th, there are sales on PS4/PS3/Vita on all Zen 2 Star Wars packs:

Star Wars Pinball + Balance of The Force + Heroes Within = 9.30$ (more expensive in Europe as always = 12.50€ )

10 tables for a little more than 10 bucks, is it worth it?

I'm not a huge fan of Zen (tables are way too easy and most of the time boring to play as you must strictly follow the rules, - i.e. you can't play wildly otherwise games last for ages-) , I like Star Wars (despite too much Star Wars can be exasperating sometimes)... and I have 10 bucks to spend.:p

Thanks for the answer!

Yes absolutely worth it (even at full price) - $10 is a steal

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Hmm some SW packs on steam are %50 and some are %77. I think it's a mistake but got Rebels for $.69. ;)

This table by far the easiest of late. I played one game and got to the 'wizard' mode 3 times. Love the stacked modes galore but by far too easy. Still better than some table in the Zen line-up. Right now Age of Ultron is challenging enough.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
No Zen Pinball IOS app. version yet.
Only Star Wars app. has the IOS version this morning.
Hmmm.........
Maybe Apple screwed up???

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Yes absolutely worth it (even at full price) - $10 is a steal

Yes, thanks!

Actually, there's a good news and a bad news by playing Zen again.

I haven't launched Zen 2 for years, and I was surprised to actually enjoy it, in a totally new way.

I didn't remember the graphics were so crisp, the light FX so gorgeous, and the controls so tight.

I played all SW demo tables, and it seems to be fun enough and well executed, even if it's hard to judge after only 1mn of gameplay. I even liked to play again the core tables (Shaman and V12).

The bad news is that right after this, I launched TPA.

And OMG. I was so used to play only TPA, that I wasn't aware anymore of its terrible weaknesses:

- The graphics are so... flat. It goes from bad to just OK. A few are good though, especially the EM tables. But everything else is so bland. I launched STTNG and Oh, my eyes! :(
Despite their unrealistic features, Zen table looks so photorealistic in comparison.

- The controls are so laggy (depending of the table though). At least on PS3, even if it's not as bad as it was prior to the megapatch, but still.
Once again, I was so used to play only TPA, that I didn't notice anymore I shot a lot more earlier to correct the input lag.
Play right after Zen makes TPA unplayable again. (and it doesn't come from my TV which is a CRT with an HDMI input)

- The sound quality is so bad. Everything is at the same volume level (voices and mechanical sounds for example), and sounds like a muffled mono channel.
Once again, my ears got used to that, but now it blows at my face (or my ears) how creepy the TPA sound quality is (the original ROM quality is not an excuse), whereas Zen makes crumble my walls.

Now, I'm sad. My eyes are suddenly open and I see how TPA misses the boat on a lot of things. The only stuff on which TPA is still better (by a few inches) is the ball physic (depending again of the table). And obviously the real tables recreation.

But so far, it's suddenly like I can't enjoy anymore TPA. Weird. :(

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.