Bram Stoker's Dracula sucks

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Every time you try to make a ramp shot or coffin or scoop shot, if you miss, it always falls down the outlanes, it pisses me off and I want to punch this game.

I actually wish more games on TPA were like this. It would make it more realistic.

whoozwah

Oct 30, 2014
Watch the PAPA tutorial video. Read the in game ruleset. Keep playing. You'll get it. It's a fun table because even when you have pinball chops you can get stomped and then it becomes a "just one more time" kinda thing.

JuniorJr

Mar 30, 2015
I've played The Party Zone which also had a simple playfield, but that had more fun rules and things to play around with.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I actually wish more games on TPA were like this. It would make it more realistic.
Agree 100%. I hope that Season 5 is the Season of Hard Tables, as part of FarSight's opportunity to "re-align expectations" at each Season's release.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
I've played The Party Zone which also had a simple playfield, but that had more fun rules and things to play around with.
As one those few that likes TPZ very much (best table in S5 for me) and like it more than BSD I can't agree that there's more things to play with. BSD is more complex when it comes to rules and goals.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014

Okay, well it is obvious that you are not that experienced with pinball. BSD is so much better than Party Zone. You may like Party Zone for person taste but if your idea of a good table is Party Zone and your idea of a bad table is BSD than you obviously haven't played enough tables to know what makes a good table. Heck when I started playing Pinball Arcade I really loved Going Nuts because all the balls were just so crazy and my games never lasted long on any table so I never knew there was a timer.

Play BSD more and you will see what a good table it is.

and for the record, I really like Dr. Dude and 1812. Yes, I know the scoring is all screwed up and they are not very good tables but I enjoy playing them on TPA. If I had to drop quarters into them, it would be another story.

Last edited:

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Well, I think it takes some time to fall in love with BSD.
After a while, I would say, that it´s a challenging, but not frustrating table with a great flow, a conceived set of rules and it has a good artwork (imo, not one of the best in TPA, that´s the artwork of POTO, one of the lowest rated tables in TPA).

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
BSD is the best pin in TPA.

I love BSD for many many years I considered it my favorite movie of all time. The table has alot of things that are evocative of the movie.
But Best pin..wow thats a tall order for that table.
Tho the few times I've had all 3 multiballs going together it is like nirvana tho..

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I love BSD for many many years I considered it my favorite movie of all time. The table has alot of things that are evocative of the movie.
But Best pin..wow thats a tall order for that table.
Tho the few times I've had all 3 multiballs going together it is like nirvana tho..

I definitely like the table better than the movie :)

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
BSD is the best pin in TPA.

It's phenomenal. Everything about the gameplay is very well thought out, and Farsight did a great job balancing it for TPA. I thought the title of this topic was a joke to be honest. Sure, it's a matter of taste, but I don't get how anyone would think this table sucks. I remember not really getting into it the few times I played it for real in the 90s, probably because I didn't understand the rules that well then. This is one table I would love to own.

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
I thought the title of this topic was a joke to be honest. Sure, it's a matter of taste, but I don't get how anyone would think this table sucks.

It may be that JuniorJr hadn't had as much time as many of us have had playing TPA. If BSD was one of the first tables I tried when I started playing TPA I would have found it aggravating as well. I think this applies to the physical table as well. It is certainly not what I would recommend as a starter table for anyone, although if I am wrong about your experience JuniorJr I apologize.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
BSD is NOT for noobs. It was made as a pinball for experts. you have to be able to nudge to handle drains out of the bumpers. you have have the discipline to avoid the standups of death, and patiently post pass and shoot the ramps as needed. you also need the accuracy to shoot the ramps and the mystery hole under pressure.

I'm glad the table is just as much of a noob killer in TPA as in real life.

Last edited:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
It's phenomenal. Everything about the gameplay is very well thought out, and Farsight did a great job balancing it for TPA. I thought the title of this topic was a joke to be honest. Sure, it's a matter of taste, but I don't get how anyone would think this table sucks. I remember not really getting into it the few times I played it for real in the 90s, probably because I didn't understand the rules that well then. This is one table I would love to own.

Yeah I would also like to own this one for sure. More than any other pin probably.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Some of the things I like about BSD both for TPA and real is that for one thing it's not a grinder. It's instant and action packed. Every shot counts. You can always have a quick game on TPA. And if you own it, playing with friends no one will have to stand and wait and get bored.

Also the shorter lighting flippers seem to work really well in TPA, the feeling is much more realistic. You have to hit the ball well to get the power to make the ramp shots and also live catching or catching in general is much easier.
The shorter flippers make for a wider gap between flippers and that makes the TPA version a more realistic feeling pin because side nudging to avoid SDTM drains becomes harder and not so unrealistic.

There's so much more about it. You can have 2 lousy balls but that doesn't matter, you can get everything going on 1 ball anyway. And no matter how bad you play you'll always have a shot at getting a miltiball going. Your score can go from nothing to amazing in no time.

How cool isn't the moving ball on mist multiball? And I really like that during castle multiball if you shoot balls up the ramp they stay locked for a while so you have some time to use one ball without other balls getting in the way to start the other multiballs if you haven't already. And tripple stacked multiball is the best mode in pinball history.

And there are so many small things that make a big difference, like when to go for bats, how skill shots light coffin lock, how it has the best video mode ever, how well the theme fits, how you get grace time after tilt warning (meaning you can nudge very intensely without tilting for a short period of time), and much more.

It's the most realistic and fun of all the pins in TPA and really a level above the rest. In a league of its own.

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Skill shots light coffin locks? Maybe I shouldn't ignore those.

Yeah, during my breakup period with TPA (only playing Zaccaria) All it took was for me to play BSD.

For anyone that hasn't bought BSD for whatever reason, do yourself a favor and play it as that 'free table of the month' this month.

Members online

Members online