Bug here we go again? 19,999,999,990 and 9,999,999,990 scores

invitro

May 4, 2012
I haven't purchased Season 4 yet, but while browsing the leaderboard I noticed the top 2 STroop scores:

1 innomines 19,999,999,990
2 Neronatusest 9,999,999,990

I didn't see a note in this forum so I decided to post. I guess it's just a ping in case somebody needs to fix something in TPA (if it's not the STroop ROM), and/or anyone has an explanation.

Some extra data:

#3 is [MENTION=623]JPelter[/MENTION] with 6.6B.

innomines has 9 other top-20,000 scores, with the next highest being #573 on BK2K.
Neronatusest has 31 other top-20,000 scores, with the next highest being #293 on CBW.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Any thoughts as to why FS doesn't remove these regularly?
They might be glitches/bugs in the STroop ROM, or in TPA. The reason is the trailing zero. These are the only two scores of the three million in my score database that end in "9999990". I thought this had happened before, which is why I asked "here we go again". (Shoulda checked first.) They would be legit if the two players hit this score and kept on going, but the code stopped incrementing score. (There are some tables that just discard any score over a certain number. At least I think that is what happens.)

I am trying to distinguish legit scores from hacked scores from glitched scores from TPA bugs again this afternoon and am starting to think that it is a nearly impossible task, given no information other than scores and score history. If anyone has more information or insight, please post :).

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
They might be glitches/bugs in the STroop ROM, or in TPA. The reason is the trailing zero. These are the only two scores of the three million in my score database that end in "9999990". I thought this had happened before, which is why I asked "here we go again". (Shoulda checked first.) They would be legit if the two players hit this score and kept on going, but the code stopped incrementing score. (There are some tables that just discard any score over a certain number. At least I think that is what happens.)

I am trying to distinguish legit scores from hacked scores from glitched scores from TPA bugs again this afternoon and am starting to think that it is a nearly impossible task, given no information other than scores and score history. If anyone has more information or insight, please post :).

I don't really have any information so share, other than that they are very likely hacked or glitched, since no other table in TPA behaves in this way that I know of. No real way of telling for absolute sure though unless you want to grind out to 10B. I don't really have the will to do that at this time.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Thanks for your feedback!

Actually, do we have any other stern games currently in that use the same board? That would be a fairly solid way of confirming it I think since the scoring systems tend to behave fairly identically. I'm not sure if we do though. TPA itself never truncates scores. If it goes over the internal max it just starts over again at 0.

e: Damnit that's right it's a Sega table. Yeah can't rely on that.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.