Help!! I've lost my ceramic ball!!!

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Haven't played TZ in a while so I fired it up today. Realized after the the first Powerball came out it was a normal ball and not the ceramic ball that should be coming out. Also no ceramic ball during LITZ. Kinda random and weird.

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Me too. That's why I typed "ceramic ball" so many times. Laughing the whole time. Anyway just thought it was weird glitch to have all of a sudden. Wondered if anyone came across it.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Me too. That's why I typed "ceramic ball" so many times. Laughing the whole time. Anyway just thought it was weird glitch to have all of a sudden. Wondered if anyone came across it.

Sorry for that Crooker. I can't help you on that one.
But I'm sure you'll get your answer in here soon. :D

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Haven't played TZ in a while so I fired it up today. Realized after the the first Powerball came out it was a normal ball and not the ceramic ball that should be coming out. Also no ceramic ball during LITZ. Kinda random and weird.
Change the ball to something other than the default steel ball and try again. If the Powerball appears when using a nonstandard ball but not with the default ball, it's an issue from a long time ago that periodically resurfaces.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Just gave it a go on iOS - no white milky ball... During the gumball multiball - It's gone
Didn't try to change the default ball to something else (yet)

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Yup, could be that old issue. After an update to TPA physics on some tables can also be different, especially with the plunger. A full plunge on Taxi for example always yielded 100K, now it's significantly less than a full plunge (and this is better because it wouldn't be much of a skill shot to begin with). On Firepower, a full plunge always went to the 3rd rollover (counting from the left), now it dribbles to the 4th one. The "camera-stuck-on-plunger" also seems to be on/off present.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Just gave it a go on iOS - no white milky ball... During the gumball multiball - It's gone

The Powerball isn't supposed to be in play during the gumball multiball. You use it to start the gumball multiball, but then it sits and stays back in there.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
The Powerball isn't supposed to be in play during the gumball multiball. You use it to start the gumball multiball, but then it sits and stays back in there.

Your right -been a while since I played TZ - the powerball is no longer in the gumball machine. When the balls release out the first time there is no powerball to shoot back into the gumball machine - they are default silver.

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Change the ball to something other than the default steel ball and try again. If the Powerball appears when using a nonstandard ball but not with the default ball, it's an issue from a long time ago that periodically resurfaces.

Thanks. When I changed the ball, powerball was back. When I went back to the traditional silverball the powerball was gone again. I made sure to play a powerball multi-ball and a LITZ multi-ball. With the silverball the powerball was the same as the rest of them.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
so i am a little rusty on TZ and that mode. Doesn't it require you to shoot the ceramic ball up the right ramp to win one of the modes? and if there is no ceramic ball - does it count using any ball, the designated ceramic ball disguised as a normal ball, or none of the balls?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013

Is this happening on a 64bit device?

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
so i am a little rusty on TZ and that mode. Doesn't it require you to shoot the ceramic ball up the right ramp to win one of the modes? and if there is no ceramic ball - does it count using any ball, the designated ceramic ball disguised as a normal ball, or none of the balls?

Yeah. To activate the powerball multi-ball you have to shoot the powerball back into the gumball machine. The game is saying "too hot to handle? "I want it back". That is supposed to be the "ceramic ball". I've been getting the default silverball. The game mode still plays the same. Also during LITZ multi-ball one of the balls should be the powerball but it's not there either. Earlier today I changed my ball ( as per Sean DonCarlos' advice) and the game performed normally.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Yes. I'm playing on an iPad mini 2.

I believe the programmer put a fix in for it thats supposed to be in for the release of Cyclone tomorrow. I'll check again with you after the update to confirm because we haven't been able to reproduce it here with the latest builds we have.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I believe the programmer put a fix in for it thats supposed to be in for the release of Cyclone tomorrow. I'll check again with you after the update to confirm because we haven't been able to reproduce it here with the latest builds we have.

Good news on both fronts. Looking forward to cyclone and my ceramic ball. Thanks!!!

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013

Thanks Flippy. Definitely looking forward to Cyclone and the fix. I'm impressed by the quick responses from everyone especially Farsite.

Members online

Members online