Whiplash41594

Jan 28, 2015
Now that "The Addams Family" has been out a while, is there going to be a way for non kickstarter contributors to purchase the gold version?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Not for a while maybe never

Our chances are better of getting bug-fixes for the PS4 version. Or a new GUI. Or the WiiU version of TPA. Or the Xbox 360 version of TPA.

Sorry, but FarSight makes sarcasm a little too easy.

In all seriousness, I remember a pre-TAF podcast mentioning the possibility of TAF:SCE being released for the rest of TPA players. I don't know how to put links in posts, so if someone can find something, I would appreciate it. I do remember a passing mention. Then again, for non-KS contributors, it may be in the same scrap heap as the other items I've just mentioned.

Also, I'd like to request that this thread be moved to "General Game Discussions" or "Unreleased tables". Whiplash asked a very good question, but I don't think it's specific to just XBone. Nobile thread though.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
At the moment, TAF Gold is exclusive to the kickstarter backers. There has been some talk/speculation about if and when it might be released publicly, but there has been nothing confirmed.

If I were forced to place a bet, I'd say it will eventually release, but it'll be no earlier than the end of Season 4 and possibly quite a bit later than that.

EDIT: Moved thread to the TAF forum.

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
I would have no problem with the gold version being available for everyone at some point in the future, but it isn't yet released for backers that wanted the gold table on consoles, and I think all backers should be able to enjoy a period of exclusivity.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
i bet we see it at some point next season as a table of the month. hopefully during that month they can clean up some standing bugs on existing tables.

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
If that's the case... I wonder how many Gold backers would trade in the exclusivity for stability?

I don't see how it is any sort of trade. Bug fixes are a win for everyone, including gold level backers. It would just be nice for those that did put in a hundred bucks or more to help get this table funded and play on consoles to have chance to enjoy the perks that were offered for joining that Kickstarter tier. The important thing is that I can now play TAF on TPA and I helped make that happen. I didn't do it just for the gold table version. I do love all the fancy balls tho...mmm...fancy balls.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I am slightly annoyed by the fact that this hasn't been made available. I have previously pledged $100 for the Twilight Zone kickstarter for an exclusive pro menu with access to the operators menu. Not only was this not exclusive, but they ended up giving it to anyone that pledged at least $5 dollars. And now Farsight is actually following through with the Addams Family exclusivity tier when I haven't pledged enough money for it (money is tighter for me than it was 3 years ago.) Ugh.

Okay, I am done ranting about this injustice.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
I have 3 TAF + TAF Gold codes just for XBox One. PM me if you are interested and ill be putting the money to charity.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
TAF Gold was unlocked for everybody in Beta 11 of the public DX11 Beta,
The difference is minimal and not worth an extra $4.99 imo, let alone $100.

Annorax

Feb 2, 2013
Do we have any additional information? I'd like to be able to buy TAFG now that the kickstarter's a while back.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Maybe it could be included in a reward tier as part of the Dr Who Kickstarter? Something like, for $25 receive a copy of Dr Who and a copy of Addams Family Gold.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
Maybe they'll release TAF Gold for the public after the Dr. Who Kickstarter ends, so they don't p*ss off the previous kickstarter backers. They'll need every backer they can get for Dr. Who, imo.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
If they include TAFG for less than $100 it will alienate previous backers.

Not me it wouldn't. They said they would offer it eventually. Enough time has passed in my opinion and I never thought they would sell it for the $100 I paid to get it. I'd be happy if it got a good portion of the $10 backers to up it to $25.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.