PS3 - Bug 345K Bonus wizard goal not awarded

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I haven't pay much attention to HS wizard goal until yesterday. 2 missing (250k ramp and 345K bonus).

I was suprised that the 345K was not done (it's very easy to stack a x5 multiplier and a bonus of 69K points).

Answer: the wizard goal is not awarded on PS3. I lose the ball, I see 69K x 5 on the displayer, 345K points are awarded. But no wizard goal.

Did I miss something?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
OK, finally did it. If someone has the same problem, there's some rules to follow in order to unlock this wizard goal:

- Stack the 69K pts bonus and raise the multiplier to x5 only with a single ball. Don't start a multiball.
- Once the bonus is at its maximum, lose the ball with a center drain (don't lose the ball via an outlane).

Goal 5 completed.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Are those the rules on PC too? I had the maximum bonus, but no goal.

I think they are, if the goal is not awarded on PC too by playing normally.

At least, this one was not too difficult to trigger (i.e. to find what was the way to unlock it), compared to the Bonus Level Special on Class of 1812...:(

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Stupid rules. The goal says to get 345K bonus, not how to get it.

No, no, it comes from the way TPA detects that a wizard goal is accomplished (a predefined ROM state, I presume).

All the "collect-something-as-the-ball-drains" goals are unfortunately kind of buggy because of that. Like the Special on MB, BSD, Co1812, or "Save a ball with The Spell" on Scared Stiff.

Last edited:

tenparts

Aug 1, 2015
I think the regular version of that goal works like this as well. I noticed I didn't have it yet, so I went for it... and it didn't register. Accidentally took a right outlane.

Members online

Members online