Avengers Age of Ultron Pinball - ZP2

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
They're putting out a Star Wars and Marvel table a week apart. Unusual for them!

I didn't have a single doubt that they would make this table, though. It was too obvious.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
In the blurb, anyone happen to notice they are adding difficulty levels? Easy, medium, and hard are going to be used on this. Wonder if it will carry over to all the other tables. They also mention that it's hard to time these things with actual film release, so I wonder if that had anything to do with releasing so close the the Star Wars table, though it's not like Marvel hasn't had this date locked down for a solid year or anything.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
In the blurb, anyone happen to notice they are adding difficulty levels? Easy, medium, and hard are going to be used on this. Wonder if it will carry over to all the other tables. They also mention that it's hard to time these things with actual film release, so I wonder if that had anything to do with releasing so close the the Star Wars table, though it's not like Marvel hasn't had this date locked down for a solid year or anything.

They did something similar in the Deadpool table a while back where depending on how many spinner shots you make the difficulty of the lit mission increases. It's probably going to be like this.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
They did something similar in the Deadpool table a while back where depending on how many spinner shots you make the difficulty of the lit mission increases. It's probably going to be like this.

I don't know. It says "selectable difficulty levels (Easy, Medium, or Hard) to cater to each player’s individual skill level." Sounds to me like you choose, it's not an in game ramp up of difficulty.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I don't know. It says "selectable difficulty levels (Easy, Medium, or Hard) to cater to each player’s individual skill level." Sounds to me like you choose, it's not an in game ramp up of difficulty.

if they've made it a table level adjustment that moves the tuning closer to real pinball simulation for things like how grippy the flippers are ect I think thats great news since that seems to be the main point of contention from fans of real pinball about their game

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
if they've made it a table level adjustment that moves the tuning closer to real pinball simulation for things like how grippy the flippers are ect I think thats great news since that seems to be the main point of contention from fans of real pinball about their game

It's probably not that. That would triple the number of scoreboards to maintain, and Zen splits scoreboards by platform. I reckon it's more similar to the Deadpool table, where you can select a difficulty for modes within a game and get more points depending on the difficulty.

In practice I found it wasn't worth going for harder difficulties, I got #2 on the PS3 scoreboards just going for Easy difficulty. Mind you, it is one of the toughest Zen tables, so I doubt very many people have seen the wizard mode in the first place.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Nothing about the video has me all that excited about playing this. I'm sure I will still give it a try at some point anyway. But I do like the Tron style lighting.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
So this table was designed by Ypok... One of my favorite digital pinball designers ever :D He also designed the Starfighter Assault and Deadpool tables.

Basically at the beginning of a game you can choose your difficulty; depending on which setting you choose the physics will change and I believe maybe mode qualifications could change as well.

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
New table looks interesting enough to me.Dunno about the selectable difficulty levels.Zen should just make their tables more challenging period and stick with one difficulty level.Think this selectable difficulty thingy will be counterproductive for those who actually care about leaderboards.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
From the zen forum (bobomb)

"It's an overall difficulty - When you first start a game, you choose between easy, medium, and hard. The hard setting has increased pitch and shorter timers, but you get more points for completing objectives."

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
From the zen forum (bobomb)

"It's an overall difficulty - When you first start a game, you choose between easy, medium, and hard. The hard setting has increased pitch and shorter timers, but you get more points for completing objectives."

They are trying to get the best of both worlds.Appeal to the casual and experienced gamers at the same time.Makes sense on some level but i still disapprove.There should only be one difficulty level and it should be challenging.If it is too tough, then put some time into it and get better.On the whole games used to be way more challenging back in the day.Seems to me that nowadays too many players are used to and demand the quick and easy fix.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Interesting point. On the other hand, some people buy a pin and lower the slope or adjust it to add more balls per game. Some would say there is room for both hardcore and casual players.

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
Interesting point. On the other hand, some people buy a pin and lower the slope or adjust it to add more balls per game. Some would say there is room for both hardcore and casual players.

True.But they aren't entering global leaderboards.The scoring balance on most Zen tables is **** to begin with.And now this is supposed to be translated and balanced into three difficulty levels.Think this will ultimately lessen the value of the leaderboards.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
The global leaderboard is a valid point but then those are pretty borked to begin with. It just seems some forget many and I would guess most don't give a crap about the global leaderboard. So for those it would be bad business decision for Zen to make a game very hard just to please a small percentage (which granted in a perfect world should not be ignored either). Obviously the best solution would be to have leaderboards reflecting each skill level, then everyone is happy

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
The global leaderboard is a valid point but then those are pretty borked to begin with. It just seems some forget many and I would guess most don't give a crap about the global leaderboard. So for those it would be bad business decision for Zen to make a game very hard just to please a small percentage (which granted in a perfect world should not be ignored either). Obviously the best solution would be to have leaderboards reflecting each skill level, then everyone is happy

Definitely a valid viewpoint.But not mine.One difficulty setting(challenging) and one leaderboard.Only way to roll imo.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Definitely a valid viewpoint.But not mine.One difficulty setting(challenging) and one leaderboard.Only way to roll imo.

Yeah, the leaderboard is why I play... keeps me interested. I have no issue with the difficulty levels, because it looks like there is compensation from one to the other. As long as they stick to their rule that any table modifications under the operators menu void the score for leaderboard publication, I am good.

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
Achievements on steam:

5bcc241ce9c5c73f565f6d6b74659831bd062d07.jpg
Borrowed Time

Use up both kickbacks in one activation on the Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron table. (Single player only)

5f62fcf559d490479c75683f6519b71884274609.jpg
Teamwork

Win all Assemble hurry-ups with one ball on the Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron table. (Single player only)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.