Cyclone jackpot

bengalcane

Jul 30, 2013
Can anyone tell me how to increase the cyclone jackpot bonus? After the first time it never goes above 1/2 million. I can't find anything helpful in the instructions either. Thanks in advance for the help.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Can anyone tell me how to increase the cyclone jackpot bonus? After the first time it never goes above 1/2 million. I can't find anything helpful in the instructions either. Thanks in advance for the help.

The 1-2-3 rollovers increase the jackpot by 5K, and the jackpot carries over from ball-to-ball, game-to-game. Sometimes the jackpot decides to just jump to 1.5M for no apparent reason.

Still at 5K per rollover it takes a long, long, time to build the jackpot to anything truly significant. On a real table it might get quite high if the players aren't skilled enough to score it, in TPA it probably won't go above the 1.5M mark.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I'm just glad it's not a wizard goal to raise the jackpot to 4mil. It would take foreva! And I could see myself getting to 3.9mil and accidentally closing out the app.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
default from power on is 1.5 million. so every time you ragequit or reload the table it goes back to that.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
trying to increase jackpot on this one is pointless. It is waaaaaaaay more easier to score one worth .5M then to build one from 1.5 to 2 M.
After scoring main jackpot, restart the next game because jackpot will be 0.5M on that one.

bengalcane

Jul 30, 2013
As always, thanks for the info. I was looking for something more a la Earthshaker, where a specific task jumps it up to the next level. Clearly it's not worth it after the first cyclone jackpot on this type of platform.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I wonder why they (the original Cyclone team) chose that nearly impossible rule. Well, I guess with a display that only goes up to 9,999,999, you don't want a lot of players hitting 4 million. But I can't see 4 million ever being activated on this table. If triggering the rollovers advanced the jackpot by 100k, it would be a bit more reasonable. But 5k is ludicrously unachievable. I wonder if that setting was able to be altered by the operator.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I wonder why they (the original Cyclone team) chose that nearly impossible rule. Well, I guess with a display that only goes up to 9,999,999, you don't want a lot of players hitting 4 million. But I can't see 4 million ever being activated on this table. If triggering the rollovers advanced the jackpot by 100k, it would be a bit more reasonable. But 5k is ludicrously unachievable. I wonder if that setting was able to be altered by the operator.

I was at a show last weekend and the jackpot had got up to the 3.5-4M range when I played the table. I collected it.... Went back again a bit later and it was up to 2.5M. Which I collected. Couldn't make it a 3fer later on though!

Jay

May 19, 2012
Wow. Was that with the standard 5k build-up for the jackpot? If so, that table must have seen a LOT of gameplay!

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
The math is pretty easy to work out. Building 3,500,000 in 5K increments requires 700 rollover completions. With unskilled players and really active bumpers, that could happen in 250 games or so. Maybe 150 games to get up to 2.5M, which is plausible for a day at a show, ten hours at 15 games per hour. Still pretty extreme that that many players wouldn't know how or be able to collect the jackpot, but could happen.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
As far as I could tell it was at the standard 5k. I wasn't exactly checking. There were a lot of people at the show, and this Cyclone was in great shape. As in, the $3k tag on it was in no way unrealistic in my mind. Whilst it wasn't the busiest table - it's not a DMD, after all! - it was still seeing plenty of traffic. I must've first played it around noon, just after I got there, and the show had been going since 9am Saturday, and it's possible the tables were left on overnight from Friday. I can't say I timed how long it was between my first play and my second, which would give an idea of how long it took the jackpot to build back up from 1.5M to 2.5M (assuming nobody collected it in between).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.