The Random Thought Thread

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
WKRP
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Easily my fave episode of WKRP.

Happy thanksgiving everyone! Even you folks that don’t celebrate thanksgiving. It’s always nice to remember how lucky we are. Family, friends, or whatever you appreciate or love.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Rocky five is probably in my top 3 rocky movies 2,6,5 , demo man for rat burgers that looked really tasty and the three sea shells, cliffhangers god awful.

Why does rocky five get so much hate anyway? Beats today when a down and out sports star goes on big. Rather to stay relevant

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The first time I saw Cliffhanger (maybe in theatre) I thought it was great. Saw it a couple years ago and thought it was dreadful. Not sure what I liked about it the first time.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
For me personally, Rocky 3-5 are all pretty bad and plagued by bad acting/direction and forced melodrama. The reason why I rank 5 the worst is because it offers nothing to break these things up, it's just boring and Tommy isn't particularly memorable. 3 and 4 at least offer enough over-the-top camp to be somewhat watchable. One positive thing I will say for 5 is that it at least moves away from the "Rocky is a superhero" vibe in 3 and 4. I mean, sure, 3 and 4 say he's weaker, and they have training segments, but they never once make you feel like he isn't going to be the triumphant hero beating the big mean bad guys. That was a bad departure from 1 and 2, and 5 at least moved away from that by presenting him as punchy. In fairness, maybe I should watch it again, it's been about a decade. But for now, I'd rank them 2, Balboa, 1, Creed, 4, 3, 5.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
If I had to pick only between Dredd and Demo Man, I'd pick Dredd (as the worst). Although I secretly kinda don't think the Stallone Dredd was as bad as "everyone" says it is, it's still not on a par with Demo Man.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Do yourself a favor and watch Godless on Netflix. Absolutely outstanding.

The worst thing about it is that it's only a 7 episode mini-series, so now I'm sad it's over.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Do yourself a favor and watch Godless on Netflix. Absolutely outstanding.

The worst thing about it is that it's only a 7 episode mini-series, so now I'm sad it's over.

hi Jeff , thanks for the tip . that`s the best I`ve seen in ages , WOW just seen the 1st episode FANBLOODYTASTIC !!! and HDR on my 4K tv , looks great !!!:cool:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
hi Jeff , thanks for the tip . that`s the best I`ve seen in ages , WOW just seen the 1st episode FANBLOODYTASTIC !!! and HDR on my 4K tv , looks great !!!:cool:

Glad you're enjoying it too man! It gets even better after the first couple episodes.

Great story, incredible cinematography, and the soundtrack was outstanding as well.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.