Zen Pinball FX3 Williams Pinball Volume One

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Operators could set the internal clock wrong if they wanted to give customers a chance to see midnight madness mode during business hours.

Congo, W?D, Dirty Harry, JM and NBA Fastbreak are the other real tables that have it.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
The thing I hated most about TPA's FT was the slingshots playing volleyball until it went out the outlane, constantly.

Dok5555555

Nov 1, 2013
I've just found Midnight Madness mode on Junk Yard by accident (by playing the table when (in this case PC clock) it reaches midnight) - is this the sort of thing hidden in some tables ROM, I'd expect many of the original tables in arcades wouldn't have ever been played at midnight.

Does this work in TPA too?

Edit: nevermind manually changed my pc clock and it worked.

Last edited:

Plungemaster

Apr 19, 2018
Fishtales is kicking my ass. So must be something off with the game haha!

Awesome! Cant wait for more Williams. Attack from Marrrsssss!!!!

dmil666

May 19, 2018
Has anyone else seen a ball bounce off a table and over the flippers? I think it happened to me last night (happened very quickly)
It's really cool that the physics model allows for that if that was what actually happened

On a side note: that happened to me a ton the last time I played real pinball

I might have had it happen once (on HS2), but like you say it happens so quickly that it's hard to tell.
If Zen's physics are allowing that to happen, they need to add the loud CLACK the ball makes when it hits the glass and scares the crap out of you. That used to happen to me when I was much younger and played lots of pinball. It got me in trouble with the owners occasionally too, as they figured that I was hammering on the glass. Got 86'd a couple of times for the CLACK too.

Last edited:

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Operators could set the internal clock wrong if they wanted to give customers a chance to see midnight madness mode during business hours.

Congo, W?D, Dirty Harry, JM and NBA Fastbreak are the other real tables that have it.

Not that we'll see this one in FX3 but Ghostbusters also has a midnight madness mode. Pretty awesome implementation of it too!

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Having a blast with medieval madness. Scored about 166m tonight. Sitting at #11(Sgttenor) It was a long drawn out game I thought. Extra balls on Royal Madness saved my arse. So glad when you play tournament mode there are no extra balls. Was hoping to beat up on the castle and get the achievement but I couldn't get good shots at the castle even in MB. I think I cleared 4 castles couldn't get any further than that. Curious if others are having the same experience.

It's much much harder to hit the castle IMO. I'm not sure if it's something to do with the flippers but you seem to really have to try hard to hit the gates. I'm not complaining. I love it! give the table that extra challenge.

Can't wait to see what Volume 2 will bring us.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Having a blast with medieval madness. Scored about 166m tonight. Sitting at #11(Sgttenor)

Great score :cool:

It's much much harder to hit the castle IMO. I'm not sure if it's something to do with the flippers but you seem to really have to try hard to hit the gates. I'm not complaining. I love it! give the table that extra challenge.

I find this is the case on a real MM that I play - probably even tougher on a real one than in the FX3 MM

In fact on most real pins I play in France it is always super difficult to get a ball up the table particularly to the top. I have always wondered if that's because of how the tables are typically sloped in France, because of old weak flippers, or if that is just how a real table plays. Because I have nothing to compare it against it is hard to say, but I am enjoying harder tables in Zen (I would even vote for making the flippers weaker or at least add an option like Zaccaria to allow that adjustment (of course it would not qualify for leaderboards but I am not bothered about that as I never get anywhere near the top anyhow - lol).

Striker

May 26, 2017
If Zen's physics are allowing that to happen, they need to add the loud CLACK the ball makes when it hits the glass and scares the crap out of you. That used to happen to me when I was much younger and played lots of pinball. It got me in trouble with the owners occasionally too, as they figured that I was hammering on the glass. Got 86'd a couple of times for it too.

Amen to this idea. Loved that CLACK when I was a kid. Arcade managers, not so much. They knew what it was, but equated it with abusive play and I got yelled at.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Amen to this idea. Loved that CLACK when I was a kid. Arcade managers, not so much. They knew what it was, but equated it with abusive play and I got yelled at.

Oh, that makes as much sense as yelling at the wind. Jeezus.

Herbert Birdsfoot

Nov 2, 2017
I noticed that in FT, MM, and Getaway after some ball saves in a game the auto plunger does not manage to kick the ball hard enough to get it around the outer loop. The easyest way to see that effect is in the challenge modes which have unlimted ball saves. I'm on PS4. Has anybody else noticed that? Is it intentional or is it a bug?

dmil666

May 19, 2018
I noticed that in FT, MM, and Getaway after some ball saves in a game the auto plunger does not manage to kick the ball hard enough to get it around the outer loop. The easyest way to see that effect is in the challenge modes which have unlimted ball saves. I'm on PS4. Has anybody else noticed that? Is it intentional or is it a bug?

On the PC I've played challenges where the ball launch after saves is extremely wimpy - almost launches just hard enough to go straight down the drain, but not quite (I'm thinking of HS2 in particular). I've encountered this on the tables you mentioned and several of the regular Zen tables. I don't know if it's a bug or not, but it sure as hell is annoying.

Last edited:

Jake_Ry4n

Oct 9, 2018
People here seem to think I'm being "mean" when I say that I want to see Sterns tables from here on out made by Zen Studios. I am in no way looking forward to whoa Nellie and big buck hunter on consoles because I know exactly how they will play.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
People here seem to think I'm being "mean" when I say that I want to see Sterns tables from here on out made by Zen Studios. I am in no way looking forward to whoa Nellie and big buck hunter on consoles because I know exactly how they will play.

Doesn't seem mean to me. After playing these Williams tables on FX3, I have on a few occasions had a brain lapse and for a split second, thought I might pull up Ripley's next! And like 1 second later my brain realizes that I am gonna have to open up a different game to play it.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I just tried to go back to TPA. Holy moly it feels like it's underwater to me now.

Same experience I had yesterday when I went to fire up some TPA. I couldn't believe how slow it felt. I originally thought TPA would be good for tiding me over while waiting for my favorites in FX3, but man, now I dunno.

I don’t remember the last time I played it, and now that we have this, it’s going to stay that way!

You mean now that you have this and have gotten into VPX. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.