The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
November the 6th , 1st Tuesday in November , is the most important day . peoples lives will be changed , make sure you make the right pick !!! :cool: there`ll be a lot of turps , woman dressed in there finest and some men having a great day out . the whole Nation will stop , and will be will be watching . everyone have a great Melbourne Cup !!!! :cool:

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Heh, gold bar glitch in RDR2 works.

Don't feel bad using it with all the stupid forced "realism" the game shoves down your throat.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

Don't feel bad using it with all the stupid forced "realism" the game shoves down your throat.

I’m playing through RDR1 for the first time right now. Is the ‘realism’ like what was in GTA San Andreas with eating and exercising? Cuz that was super annoying.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I’m playing through RDR1 for the first time right now. Is the ‘realism’ like what was in GTA San Andreas with eating and exercising? Cuz that was super annoying.

It's not as obnoxious as in SA, but yeah, that kind of stuff is present. Eating, horse feeding, weapon maintenance, etc. You don't have to really even do that stuff very often, but all the same it's another case of bogging a game down with unnecessary systems just like SA. RDR1 did it better.

Sometimes I feel like the only person who had less fun with SA than with VC and IV.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It's not as obnoxious as in SA, but yeah, that kind of stuff is present. Eating, horse feeding, weapon maintenance, etc. You don't have to really even do that stuff very often, but all the same it's another case of bogging a game down with unnecessary systems just like SA. RDR1 did it better.

Sometimes I feel like the only person who had less fun with SA than with VC and IV.

I loved Vice City the most, actually. I couldn’t get through SA, quit before even reaching 3rd city. Game was too big for its own good. IV didn’t grab me at all and I don’t even own V.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I've finished all of the 3D GTAs. For me it goes:

VC > IV > III > V > SA > LCS > VCS

IV has serious problems (map size, incessant phone calls, being the first RS game that started going too insane with how easy it is to get a wanted level and how hard it is to get rid of), but I really liked Niko, the plot (particularly the end sequence), some of the supporting cast (Brucie is a lovable dbag) and the expansions. I'd rate it lower without the expansions.

Man I want Bully 2 and L.A. Noire 2.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I own Bully, never played it though. Never played LA Noir either, but figure at some point it’ll be a free PS+ game for the month.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Neither reached their full potential. They're both too confined and lacking in content and needed refinements in the mechanics that set them apart from RS's other titles (like interrogation in LAN), yet both were still plenty of good fun.

That's mainly why I want sequels. There's a lot of untapped potential in both of those titles.

And also L.A. Noire has the coolest cars in any of the RS games. Cruising around in a Tucker 48 or a Cord 812. Great stuff.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013

I just float in and out of the game , I play the good guy , but your right , they try to shove too much down your throat . like Forza Horizon 4 where I just do what I want to do , I wish they did the same in RDR2 !!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Happy Halloween all you monsters!
I was at Tweed Heads yesterday , and the eldest Grandson was getting ready with his mates . they all had a great time , heaps of lollies . I hope the youngsters knocked on your door Kolchak , and Happy Halloween to you and your Family !!!:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.