Williams Pinball App Data Collection

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I figured as much as well. Parts and the new stuff aren't available just yet on my end either.

They might have updated the core app, but they still need to get everything else in.

....not to mention there's now a limited-time challenge that's not available yet.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Err... okay so it works now but I'm not liking what I'm seeing. This might be quittin' time for me with the mobile app.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
So here's what's changed:

Advanced challenges now cost 30 tickets to reset completely.

You now have a once-per-day Limited Challenge that allows you to earn specific rewards. There are three of these, but only one is unlocked if you don't plan on doing anything else. You'll earn Hurricane parts in this case.

There is now something on the store that allows you to earn 1 part per day.

I've not seen any rewards updates for the new tables yet.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
What are you seeing? I’m on iOS so it’s not out yet. You are terrifying me.

The Smurfberries have changed! Now it's table parts rather than coins.

- You can spend 50 coins on chests containing 5 random table parts.
- There is a 7 day 'special offer' costing 250 coins to promote White Water to 2 stars.
- You can earn parts from a special challenge but they only refresh every 7 days.

If possible I'd suggest users disable the automatic update and get all the parts they need for the existing 10 tables.

Ironmike

Apr 9, 2019
Thanks MB. 250 coins just to get to level 2? That’s nuts. If they keep moving the goal posts back, they are going to lose customers.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm primed and ready for this to hit iOS so I can see exactly what is going on.

The purpose of this thread was to cut through all the fear mongering and rhetoric to find out exactly what is required to fully upgrade tables, ideally without spending a single cent. So while all signs might be pointing towards "you'll never get there in a million years", it's all a matter of figuring out what really is possible. Android had the change over to new style challenges a week or so ago, didn't it? Nothing has changed on iOS in 2 months according to the app store.

I've got 405 coins in the bank for upgrading. Can anyone tell me if level 4 still requires 100 parts? And are the daily challenges with the 5 cards to flip now completely gone?

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
I've got 405 coins in the bank for upgrading. Can anyone tell me if level 4 still requires 100 parts? And are the daily challenges with the 5 cards to flip now completely gone?

The Daily Challenges still have the 5 card flip but they now seem to contain: Tickets / Coins / Cosmetics.

It may still cost 100 coins to promote a table to grade 4, but at the same time the 405 you've earned is only going to buy you 40 random table parts which might not even promote those three new tables to Grade 1.

If you were grinding for just 1 table and only earned those specific parts:
Grade 1 / 5 parts - 50 coins
Grade 2 / 15 parts - 150 coins
Grade 3 / 50 Parts - 500 coins
Grade 4 / 100 parts - 1000 coins + 100
Total promotion cost for one table - 1800 coins

As a rough estimate you'd have to complete over 1000 challenges to earn those coins in the first place. I really hope I'm wrong though...

Edit: Sorry slight correction, you'd get 40 random parts (i.e. 8 x 50 coins = 400)

Last edited:

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
So what happened to tickets? I've got over 30,000 of those!

Tickets are still valid for Daily Challenges (and League Play on Android)

Skip = 5 tickets
Reset after completion = 20-30 tickets (or wait 24hrs).
Expert = 15 tickets per play
Bonus Challenge = 25 tickets per play

The adverts seems to have disappeared from Advanced.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
250 coins is now only a 2* unlock, not a full table unlock like before.

An ad to get... 1 table part.

The normal grinding unlock progression us the same as before.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
250 coins is now only a 2* unlock, not a full table unlock like before.

An ad to get... 1 table part.

The normal grinding unlock progression us the same as before.

But there are no parts behind the cards, instead you have to earn a currency to buy most of them. Keeping the numbers basic:

With the old system I could play 50 challenges and earn 50 parts.
With the new system I have to play 50 challenges to earn 50 coins, then spend those on 5 parts.

That's a ten-fold grind increase, earning one a day for watching an advert doesn't cover the deficit.

Lykaion23

Apr 8, 2014
Sry I don't know why you say that. I checked it right now and got 4 from 5 cards Flips after Basic challenge( 15 Tickets, 1 CP Part, 1 stupid customization Skins, 25 tickets) so there are still Table parts earnable through challenges the only thing that bothers me for 2 weeks now is that After 24hours refresh you start with highest difficulty in every challenge but only getting rewards for easy

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
But there are no parts behind the cards, instead you have to earn a currency to buy most of them. Keeping the numbers basic:

With the old system I could play 50 challenges and earn 50 parts.
With the new system I have to play 50 challenges to earn 50 coins, then spend those on 5 parts.

That's a ten-fold grind increase, earning one a day for watching an advert doesn't cover the deficit.
I was getting parts dropped. Not sure if I got any for the three new tables, but definitely got parts dropped.

One other thing - my Daily Challenges went Hard-Normal-Hard at each level. Is that a thing now or is something wrong?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Jmarc

Apr 14, 2019
Greetings! This is my first post so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place or whatnot. This is the main thread I follow.

I just got word from Zen that, "...the new tables for iOS will be released soon, probably next week!"

Has anyone else contacted Zen and received any information to the contrary?

Thanks!

Also, how does anybody have time to play pinball when there are so many awesome slot machine apps out there with huuuge wins?!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Greetings! This is my first post so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place or whatnot. This is the main thread I follow.

I just got word from Zen that, "...the new tables for iOS will be released soon, probably next week!"

Has anyone else contacted Zen and received any information to the contrary?

Thanks!

Also, how does anybody have time to play pinball when there are so many awesome slot machine apps out there with huuuge wins?!

First, welcome.
Second, as far as I'm aware, the new tables are out on iOS (they're out on Android). This thread is about collecting information about ticket/coin/part drops, scores you need to beat the various challenges, and how many you need for unlocks. There is a general thread about this release here.
Third, I got an ad for Bounty paper towels - I spend much more time using these than playing slot machine apps. Or pinball.

Jmarc

Apr 14, 2019
First, welcome.
Second, as far as I'm aware, the new tables are out on iOS (they're out on Android). This thread is about collecting information about ticket/coin/part drops, scores you need to beat the various challenges, and how many you need for unlocks. There is a general thread about this release here.
Third, I got an ad for Bounty paper towels - I spend much more time using these than playing slot machine apps. Or pinball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jmarc

Apr 14, 2019

Sorry! I'll make sure I post in the proper place. As you can see I'm totally new at posting on boards.

Just kidding about the slot apps. I'm just amazed at how many there are in watching the in-game ads.

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
I am not getting any part drops for any of the new tables at this point. I have everything unlocked so I am still only getting tickets and Zen coins. I grinded the last few weeks and am sitting at 30K tickets and 615 coins. Hope
they change whatever they need to so I can start collecting parts for Vol 4.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.