Patch 1.23 NA and 1.24 EU

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
I know there were a few reports of the ball tunneling through the crate in Scared Stiff. For those who reported it, have you been able to replicate it since this patch? FlippyFloppy did some tuning that might've helped, but it was such a hard thing to reproduce that I'm not sure if it fixed it or not.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
Any fix yet for Genie in the pipeline? That table has glitched textures, with overly glossy surfaces. Plus the bulbs are overly dim.

Looks like the only table that hasn't been fixed visually.

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Any fix yet for Genie in the pipeline? That table has glitched textures, with overly glossy surfaces. Plus the bulbs are overly dim.

Looks like the only table that hasn't been fixed visually.

What glitched textures are you referring to? I know what you mean by the overly glossy playfield though.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
What glitched textures are you referring to? I know what you mean by the overly glossy playfield though.

Well it looks like this. Parts of the table have shapes which are not supposed to be there.

J9xvd27.jpg

mgOVGJo.jpg

b7SFQHY.jpg

I can't find this error(?) on the real table.

zHgsSsL.jpg

This is how bright the bulbs were in 2017 on TPA for PS4. You can see the same texture error though.

Digging deeper it was there (texture error near flippers) since 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HD2nY4dBRY

It doesn't exist on PC DX9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq048GDjaq8

Also I just noticed you fixed the lighting in Black Knight 2000 from a few patches ago. The lights now turn off properly. Thanks!

Last edited:

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Woohoo! Got the Dog Bonus goal the 2nd time I achieved it!

But I don't know if I'll ever get the Pistol Poker Super Jackpot or the 4x skill shot in Banzai Run (once it is released)

Congrats! It was an easy fix, it was just crazy it never worked.

But what do you mean the 2nd time you achieved it? So you got 300 mil the first time, and it didn't give you the goal?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Congrats! It was an easy fix, it was just crazy it never worked.

But what do you mean the 2nd time you achieved it? So you got 300 mil the first time, and it didn't give you the goal?

I achieved it the night before with somewhere between 350M and 400M and I did not get credit for it. The following night, I achieved it at 306M and got it. It seems like the detection for this goal is a little off since PC users reported this in the past as well.

Mar 9, 2012
If Farsight was smart they'd have started a PS4 only tournament this weekend since we've been screwed over so many times.. it's not like it would take a lot of work.. but shows how little they care

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
If Farsight was smart they'd have started a PS4 only tournament this weekend since we've been screwed over so many times.. it's not like it would take a lot of work.. but shows how little they care

Coincidentally, the guy who schedules our tournaments actually made a PS4 tournament today, and he didn't even read your post. It should finally be working, so go try it out.

Mar 9, 2012
Coincidentally, the guy who schedules our tournaments actually made a PS4 tournament today, and he didn't even read your post. It should finally be working, so go try it out.

Wow!! My apologies..Just starting.. not listed on the website but I recall you saying that would take time to sort out.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Awesome! The patch is working great for me. The problems introduced with 1.22 (long delay at start, missing balls and tables) is now working perfectly once again.

Also, I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but February 26th, was the 10th anniversary of The Pinball Hall of Fame Williams Collection.So.... Happy belated 10th Anniversary guys![/SIZE] :)

While, I had owned the Gottlieb Collection on the PS2 since about 2004, it was the Williams Collection which had my personal favorites, with games such as Pin•Bot, Funhouse, Taxi, and Whirlwind.

Thank you Tom, Floppy, Matt, and the rest of the Farsight staff. I, and I'm sure everyone here truly appreciates what you guys do!

P.S. I'm still hoping that some day we get a Simpsons Duo Pack Kickstarter, with both The Simpsons (1990) and The Simpsons Pinball Party (2003)

Michael

Jan 9, 2015
Ah yes, the Williams collection on PS3... I spent way too many hours on that! I remember being really satisfied with completing the spinner wizard goal on Space Shuttle, which seems almost impossible to do on one ball (and which I still haven't done on Pinball Arcade PS4). And I struggled a long time with completing all Sorcerer wizard goals - and now I have to do it again on PS4... And I managed a huge score on Medieval Madness, which I played to death. And I still miss Jive Time - no matter what anyone says!

So yes, thank you Farsight guys, for recreating these tables. I've had a lot of fun playing them. I hope there will be more classic tables in the future, and that you won't solely focus on new Sterns (which frankly, I couldn't care less about).

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I remember working to unlock "free mode" on tables on the PS2 and later consoles (I have Williams for Wii and PSP as well) Good memories. :) Loved Gorgar as I played that IRL as well.

Michael

Jan 9, 2015
[MENTION=7016]Tom Devaney[/MENTION] You never confirmed whether the SORCERER wizard goals were fixed in this update. Now that I finally got all 26 tokens in Safe Cracker I might have a go at that one. Should be a breeze in comparison...

Also, can you ballpark when PS4 will get the Banzai Run update?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
[MENTION=7016]Tom Devaney[/MENTION] You never confirmed whether the SORCERER wizard goals were fixed in this update. Now that I finally got all 26 tokens in Safe Cracker I might have a go at that one. Should be a breeze in comparison...

Also, can you ballpark when PS4 will get the Banzai Run update?

Both Sorcerer special wizard goals were detected the first time that I achieved them since the update, so safe to assume that they are fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.