Williams Pinball App Discussion

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The part count in iOS beta was like that, went down for public release. Course with beta all 3 challenges were open immediately and it reset every few hours, so it all evened out with how it is now.

Shoot, we had scores that were literally impossible to get sometimes. Like 1 ball challenge on AFM where just to get the first star you needed 6.5 billion. You can imagine what the increase was for the other 4 just to clear stage 1 of the challenge.

So don’t take what prices, scores, or collection amounts for gospel in the beta. I’m sure it’ll match what is out now for iOS at some point. We went through 15 beta builds too, btw.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
You'd think with the release of the iOS version the mobile pricings etc. should be fixed and not really different now in the Android beta. But well..

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
It cost me 25 tickets to reset the Basic challenge (the first time), and I got 60 tickets for completing the challenges. So, a no brainer really.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

abouttreefitty

Apr 26, 2014
It cost me 25 tickets to reset the Basic challenge (the first time), and I got 60 tickets for completing the challenges. So, a no brainer really.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Resetting the basic challenge for me shows as 50 coins. Yeah, no thanks.

And the current basic challenge for me requires me to watch an ad that crashes the app. Awesome.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I should add, I'm playing on Android (which is still in Beta). And yes, it's 25 tickets for every reset of the Basic challenge. Advanced and higher need coins to reset - not good value.

Once I get the last table, MM, One Star unlocked, though, I'm going to start needing 750 tickets a pop to unlock those second stars; that's a grindfest.

Dirty Frank

Feb 20, 2013
I bought MM today and played it a few times and it was awesome. But when I tried to play later the app crashes and sends me back to my apps screen. Anyone else having this problem?

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The latest iOS update makes the game fly on an 11” iPad Pro. Previous versions were sluggish; the frame rate was jittery.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I just reached level 12 while completing the Premium Survival Challenge. I got a message that the server was down. It didn’t give me ANY prizes for reaching level 12. It then moved on to the prize screen for completing the challenge and crashed when I launched the ad-based prize. I relaunched the app and everything was back to normal, except I missed out on every prize owed to me.

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
Are the unlocks stored locally on the device or are they tied to the zen server? ie If you disconnect wifi do you lose access to your unlocked parts/tables?

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
Thanks for the info. If unlocks were tied to their server I wouldn't even bother installing, but since it'll play offline I'll give it a try... :)

abouttreefitty

Apr 26, 2014
There is a 150 coin unlock for Pro Physics on all tables. I wonder if you buy that now if you will have pro physics on all future tables, or if it will just be the ones currently available.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I just reached level 12 while completing the Premium Survival Challenge. I got a message that the server was down. It didn’t give me ANY prizes for reaching level 12. It then moved on to the prize screen for completing the challenge and crashed when I launched the ad-based prize. I relaunched the app and everything was back to normal, except I missed out on every prize owed to me.

I've noticed that when you get the cards for completing a challenge, the rewards for the three "free" cards are always added in automatically, even if you don't "turn" them - watch your ticket count when you tap on the case to open it, it will go up. So I assume the other two "free" cards (typically a skin and some parts) are also credited as well.

Can't say the same for the "coin" card or the "movie" card, but at least with the "movie" card if that fails first time, waiting 10 seconds or so before pressing "Retry" has started to be 100% successful.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Anyone notice the flippers occasionally wont flip on the android beta? There will be times when tapping the screen does nothing, and its definitely inside the tap zones. I've had it happen on all tables. Lost a couple challenges because of this. Running a pixel 3xl for those curious.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Anyone notice the flippers occasionally wont flip on the android beta? There will be times when tapping the screen does nothing, and its definitely inside the tap zones. I've had it happen on all tables. Lost a couple challenges because of this. Running a pixel 3xl for those curious.

Yes, it's being discussed in the Android Beta thread.

I'm running in a Pixel 3 XL as well and I've not noticed any dead flippers, though. Nor on my Galaxy Tab S2.

Members online

Members online