PC Version 1.19.6 Discussion & Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

dada8787

Nov 11, 2013
ok thank you.

But why that option is not integrated in game, like in Pinball FX2 where all you need is select that option in settings options.
Its annoying to go always to NVidia menu.
And also will be possible in future to see all playfield without that camera view showing empty space on top left and right?

Ultimetalhead

Jun 13, 2012
With the new update, the game now runs like absolute crap on my computer. It was running fine before the update. I spent $30 on Season 1 even though I already had it on the PS3 because it worked when I tried everything out. Now I've got a ridiculously slow mess. Any ideas?

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
With the new update, the game now runs like absolute crap on my computer. It was running fine before the update. I spent $30 on Season 1 even though I already had it on the PS3 because it worked when I tried everything out. Now I've got a ridiculously slow mess. Any ideas?

Same issue here.

edit: I rebooted my PC and now It's fine.

Last edited:

amxmodx

Nov 7, 2013
If I purchased my season pack 1 before this update, will my DLC purchases be reflected on the "Account Information" under "Licences and Subscriptions"?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
In Big Shot, portrait mode, the hud is way too big and only shows the thousands and ten-thousand places on the score reel.

jmZ3C9k.jpg

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Great to see the portrait mode in, thanks. Just a reminder to everyone that even the competitor did their first crack at portrait mode this way, but to their credit they put in a patch pretty quick to do so in-game. Hopefully Farsight will follow suite.

I said as long as portrait was in I would go ahead and purchase all the packs. I'm a man of my word, will do so shortly. Thanks again Farsight!

edit: I forgot, I need one more thing FS, please confirm if its a separate app or not for cab support. I don't mind paying extra for cab support, just need to know first as I don't want to pay full price TWICE for the same platform (PC).

Thanks!

Rob

Last edited:

Ultimetalhead

Jun 13, 2012
After rebooting my computer, there's still an atrocious amount of lag. It's even there on low-activity tables like Big Shot and Gorgar. Anybody else having a similar problem?

HRMpickles

Apr 15, 2013
Yaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited! I really want to buy it all right now but I'm with Rob up above "please confirm if its a separate app or not for cab support. I don't mind paying extra for cab support, just need to know first as I don't want to pay full price TWICE for the same platform (PC)."

I'd rather not pay again for cabinet support (2nd monitor as backglass) and if it's more than a $5-10 add on I'll be a little disappointed but I'll be totally pissed if my season one and two purchases don't carry over to cabinet mode and really don't want to buy the packs until it's confirmed that I won't have to buy the tables again for cabinet mode.

Again, Yaaaaaaay! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Last edited:

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
After rebooting my computer, there's still an atrocious amount of lag. It's even there on low-activity tables like Big Shot and Gorgar. Anybody else having a similar problem?

No problems at all.

Played Fun House at 1080p, 16x AA, PP enabled, and ball reflection at high. No stuttering or lag, even through a couple of multi-ball plays.

FRAPS reported solid frames in a short benchmark of nearly 3.5 minutes.

2013-11-12 00:30:23 - PinballArcade
Frames: 13028 - Time: 217138ms - Avg: 59.999 - Min: 59 - Max: 61

Hope you get the issue sorted out.

p6800

May 17, 2013
The whole hud has a wrong aspect ratio for any non 16:9 resolution. Has this been acknowledged?

Berq

Mar 15, 2013
Can't really complain about jaggies when you haven't got anti aliasing on mate.

Actually, xAzatothx is right, whether or not he's referring to the same jaggies I am. Here's a side-by-side comparison w/ 4x antialiasing on:

Pay attention to the flipper edges, shooter lane edges, and the bottom corner of the lane plastic. Post processing DEFINITELY introduces some distortions and pixelation-type artifacts.
Not only that, the next image shows a huge diagonal shift happening that shouldn't:

otto4711

Nov 6, 2013
u have an amd/ati gfx card ?

i have one and have this problem too
seems pp will disable aa on amd cards

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Season Pack DLC pages are now available in the Steam store, in case anyone was wondering.

Rainman

Oct 26, 2013
u have an amd/ati gfx card ?

i have one and have this problem too
seems pp will disable aa on amd cards

Heard somewhere that forcing AA in ATI CCC while turning of in-game AA does help out a bit. Need to test it a bit more tomorrow.

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
Heard somewhere that forcing AA in ATI CCC while turning of in-game AA does help out a bit. Need to test it a bit more tomorrow.

There's a couple threads with working fixes
Flipper lag and amd pp workaround
In short get beta driver and radeonpro app, set flipquesize=1

Simple as pie! Follow the steps in the flipper lag thread and get 11/7 beta driver from amd website

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
my laptop has onboard HD4000 and nvidia quatro k1000M .... thought I'd configured steam to use the latter. Will do some more testing and see if it improves jaggies with PP on. Appreciate it's not a gaming laptop :) and I know nothing about PC gaming :) Just didn't realise PP on would introduce jaggies compared to PP off.

anyway to get debugging info in Pinball Arcade? Like framerate and what GPX card in use?

Last edited:

dach

May 29, 2013
I've had high scores in Big Shot where that would be just fine:rolleyes: Just kidding cause I really like the old tables

Rainman

Oct 26, 2013
There's a couple threads with working fixes
Flipper lag and amd pp workaround
In short get beta driver and radeonpro app, set flipquesize=1

Simple as pie! Follow the steps in the flipper lag thread and get 11/7 beta driver from amd website

Yep, I'm using that lag fix since the day one, radeonpro rocks. ;) One thing, it has to be running in background to autodetect app start.
Regarding pp... gonna check the beta 11/7/2013 drivers.

otto4711

Nov 6, 2013
i tried the latest beta drivers
no change

edit:
with the beta drivers there is a tool called
amd gaming developed app
with it u can tweak settings for your games

but i cannot find it after i installed the drivers
the driver tool said its installed but where is it ???

i like these situations.....
my next gfx card will be nvidia again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online