Pinball FX3 released - first impressions

wolfson

May 24, 2013
can`t import my tables yet , maybe tomorrow !!! new physics bloody great , only my opinion. looks bloody great ,everyone will be happy:cool:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
got everything downloaded to pinball fx3 (all 68 tables) for ps4 US store for free.
went through and got all the packs that were listed as free,
then clicked import and it got the rest that were in packs that had a price tag.
impressed that it included tables that i bought on zen pinball 1 that i had transferred to zen pinball 2...

wolfson

May 24, 2013
all 68 tables on pc,xbox1s and ps4 pro downloaded !!!looks fantastic on my 4k tv . it`s a no brainer , I`ll be playing a lot of fx3 :cool:

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
This is fantastic on the PC. (1440x2560 portrait) Waiting for the Xbox One X and I'm sure I'll get it for my 4K TV as well, though I will prefer PC and portrait view, I'm sure. The ball physics are greatly improved over the last version. Too bad the South Park license didn't carry over, as it was probably the best game. Runs great (GTX 1080..so it should), all 68 tables are unlocked, and portrait mode works perfectly on the few tables I tried.

THIS is huge for me. The new visuals and ball physics make this a truly excellent pinball game. I haven't spent a lot of time on these tables in FX2, and there are several that I have never played before or maybe played it one time just to quickly check it out. Normally after a couple of games I kinda get turned off by something about the way it looks and feels, but whatever they did in this new version seems to have made it all work for me.

I'm so excited about this I'm nearly breathless. LOL

While I appreciate the online features and tournament stuff, I'm not a big fan of the upgrade system, unless there are going to be separate leaderboards with all upgrades deactivated. Though, I do enjoy leveling up and going for new prizes. There should be enough variation to keep me busy. This may be the only game I play. The new Universal games looked good in the videos I saw, so I will probably go waste my evening away playing those. Breathe! Don't forget to breathe! :D

Crazy Newt

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Crazy Newt you can play classic single or single with upgrades ,check out challenges single ball , 5 minute and survival challenge bloody great .everything about the way the game plays is so cool , your so right you just want to keep playing !!! I`m not bloody happy I`m f.....g bloody happy !!! :cool:

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Crazy Newt you can play classic single or single with upgrades ,check out challenges single ball , 5 minute and survival challenge bloody great .everything about the way the game plays is so cool , your so right you just want to keep playing !!! I`m not bloody happy I`m f.....g bloody happy !!! :cool:

Thanks! I did manage to slow down a bit and check out the options in the menu. So much to do it is overwhelming. I've always been a fan of 1 ball tourneys, but the survival tourney is great and something that can realistically only be done in a video game. For anyone that may not know what survival mode is, the game has a 60 second timer counting down and you have to reach a certain score to reset the timer back to 60 seconds again and the score increases each level. It is a brilliant way to have a quick tournament.

Really impressed with how the game came out.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Okay so Divinity finally finished its DL and is slowly installing, so I can kick off my FX3 DL! Can't say I'll get to playing it any time soon, but it'll be there :D

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
I have most of the zen tables on my iPad Air 2. I haven’t played them for quite a while. Today when I updated it looks like a lot of my tables look upgraded with different features graphics and toys. At first I thought I just haven’t played in a wile but these tables look so different. When zen came out with fx3 did they upgrade all the tables?

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Garycope , I believe they upgraded all tables graphic and lighting . there is also a slider making the table lighter or darker !!!:cool:

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Playing and enjoying it, slowly replaying through all my tables again. Kinda of bummed I have to buy a few tables that were added to packs this time around such as Epic Quest.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Playing and enjoying it, slowly replaying through all my tables again. Kinda of bummed I have to buy a few tables that were added to packs this time around such as Epic Quest.
Instead of buying both Epic Quest and Excalibur for $4.99 USD as DLC for Pinball FX3, can you purchase Epic Quest for $2.99 USD for Pinball FX2? If you start Pinball FX2 and close it, then open Pinball FX3, Epic Quest should be available.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Instead of buying both Epic Quest and Excalibur for $4.99 USD as DLC for Pinball FX3, can you purchase Epic Quest for $2.99 USD for Pinball FX2? If you start Pinball FX2 and close it, then open Pinball FX3, Epic Quest should be available.
I already had EQ on FX2, paid for the DLC.
No big deal.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012

Pinball FX2 DLC is no longer available for purchase on steam.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Pinball FX2 DLC is no longer available for purchase on steam.

I find that an odd thing to do, I’m not sure how much more beef fx3 needs but 2 ran pretty well on a dog with 2 legs, plus ya know the tables that didn’t carry over, I’m not even a South Park fan but love those tables...some of their better made real world style pinball. Maybe it’s an error?

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
I find that an odd thing to do, I’m not sure how much more beef fx3 needs but 2 ran pretty well on a dog with 2 legs, plus ya know the tables that didn’t carry over, I’m not even a South Park fan but love those tables...some of their better made real world style pinball. Maybe it’s an error?

I'm wondering if they just need to match the pricing with FX3 where the tables carry over from FX2. It did seem like FX2 tables were still available to purchase when I made my post, but now the DLC is gone.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
The Pinball FX2 shop page has been pulled from the store as well. There is only Pinball FX2 VR and Pinball FX2 - Originals Season 2 Bundle visible, but I guess the latter will be pulled from the store as well soon. Glad I have all tables in PBFX2.

I'm sure we won't see that again, and it makes sense, since they sure want to go with FX3 only going forward.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I assume fx2 is still fully supported on mobile? Bttf is a pretty fun table pity about the soundtrack it’s sorely missing but I play it in the background heh

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.