Dr Who update has bugs

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
The ball floats and drifts around unnatural and slows down and speeds up randomly.

The two ball locks in the center suck the balls in like vacuums now, its like there are magnets pulling the ball in.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
The ball floats and drifts around unnatural and slows down and speeds up randomly.

The two ball locks in the center suck the balls in like vacuums now, its like there are magnets pulling the ball in.

Can more people confirm the slow ball movement in TPA? I thought it was my personal PC configuration. Since a few weeks after some Windows 10 updates the ball movement is strange sometimes. In addition the mouse cursor has his own life in TPA and sometimes the complete application is froozen. Is this a common problem or is it just me?

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I have super slowmo problems :( A few weeks ago I had to reset my PC to factory specs because no matter what I did TPA was running at half its correct frame rate. Its supposed to be locked at 60fps fo propper physics and ball behavior, this all started for me after an update to Adobe.

What does Steams frame rate counter say for you Tarek?

After the reset, my Nvidia GeForce Experiance keept showing a driver update but every time I clicked on it it said 'unable to connect to Nvidia, try again later' but TPA was running flawless again so I just left it, problem was my girls games and Zaccaria where then not being optimized, so I went directly to the Nvidia site and had it scan my PC for the correct Drivers, it said I was missing Java so I downloaded it and Geforce experiance auto updated giving the newest drivers. Now TPA runs at around 30fps unplayable.

I see a few others have mentioned the same issue in Steams TPA forum. I would greatly appreciate any feedback on this issue from anyone who may be able to help, especially from one of the Farsight guys.

This frame rate thing is super important the game needs to be locked at 60fps, in theory someone could purposely run the game at a lower frame rate to cheat

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm on the latest nVidia drivers and version of Experience and haven't seen any problems.

BTW Java is required for the nVidia website to auto detect settings, most browsers disable Java plug-ins (well Chrome does... can't speak to IE/Edge).

Since you're on a laptop (you mention in another thread you've got a 940M) check that TPA hasn't suddenly switched to integrated graphics instead of the dedicated GPU. I've seen that happen with other games as well.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I'm on the latest nVidia drivers and version of Experience and haven't seen any problems.

BTW Java is required for the nVidia website to auto detect settings, most browsers disable Java plug-ins (well Chrome does... can't speak to IE/Edge).

Since you're on a laptop (you mention in another thread you've got a 940M) check that TPA hasn't suddenly switched to integrated graphics instead of the dedicated GPU. I've seen that happen with other games as well.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

I just saw it was reverted back to integrated graphics in Nvidia control panel, selected High performance processor, but the tables still play locked at 31fps I dont get it

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
I can as well, we spend a good amount of time checking out what problems you guys are having so we can tell the appropriate people to fix them.

I don't have a kindle on my desk right now so I can't personally confirm this issue, but I've been told that someone is looking into the table slow down issues on the kindle.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I can't imagine that this slow motion is good for cheating. It's much easier to play always with 60 FPS.

Sorry for yet another off topic post, but I feel this must be addressed, I am not talking about random frame rate drops/ changes I mean when the game is locked at 30fps everything happens at half speed, it takes half the reaction time to get the timing and 'railroads' figured out. Scores acquired this way should most deffinately be viewed as illegitimate and someone setting up their rig intentionally to run at half frame rate / speed is cheating, plain and simple. I bet even the timer in the tourney runs at half speed when the frame rate is halved

Thank you [MENTION=6358]Brandon Garvin[/MENTION] for verifying you guys are looking at our posts, this is good news :)
[MENTION=2707]Xanija[/MENTION] congrats on the mod status :) glad to see you in this role!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.