Williams Pinball Android Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
On game start I see a beautifully rendered pillar, inviting me to choose a table. I don't have a way of navigating anywhere.
7151bf73da3d55660862d153053a9436.jpg

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Heads up from the iOS side of things...

Some testers actually purchased some Zen Coin stacks, and now that the beta is over they are experiencing a situation where tables show as owned but they can't actually play anything. So I'd advise to not purchase anything with real money until after the beta. Unless you are depositing money in the Skillz app, as that wasn't affected by the beta at all as those funds are used for any Skillz game.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Heads up from the iOS side of things...

Some testers actually purchased some Zen Coin stacks, and now that the beta is over they are experiencing a situation where tables show as owned but they can't actually play anything. So I'd advise to not purchase anything with real money until after the beta. Unless you are depositing money in the Skillz app, as that wasn't affected by the beta at all as those funds are used for any Skillz game.
Android doesn't use test flight, so the same build will flick over to production once beta testing is finished. Your entitlement should also transfer over.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Now the app will not load. The Loading Bar is stuck at beginning.
Anyone else experiencing the same?

I take that back - Now loading - though much slower than before.
But loads to.......The Pillar! :(

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2016
I've felt really left out of things around here as an Android user. So, I signed up to be a tester as soon as I saw this thread. But... no download link on the Williams app page for me at the Google Play store.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I've felt really left out of things around here as an Android user. So, I signed up to be a tester as soon as I saw this thread. But... no download link on the Williams app page for me at the Google Play store.

That's a shame. It's working now too. Just played HSII

PS. Can you turn off the scores that flash up all over the playfield?

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
You can on the iOS build, so I assume you can here as well. Click on the gear icon (upper right), then go into arcade effects. You can choose to turn it off completely, or pick a value that they’ll appear at (100,000...). It used to drive me crazy, but now I like seeing the various points I’m awarded for actions on the table.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Is there going to be a separate private forum area for the Android beta feedback, like there was for iOS? Or is the beta feedback for Android less "sensitive" since iOS is already released?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Is there going to be a separate private forum area for the Android beta feedback, like there was for iOS? Or is the beta feedback for Android less "sensitive" since iOS is already released?

According to the Play Store, it's an Open Beta, so no need for secrecy I guess.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I've had to reinstall the app after it updated. Works like a charm.

Got it working. Not sure I like the insta-drain when shooting the force field from the left flipper on AFM, though; especially since nudging uses a swipe in the top of the screen. Some kind of different touch / control scheme options would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.