When will the next Pinball Arcade table be released?

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
I'm an EM enthusiast and always wanted a mix of 60s and 70s and a mix of Gottlieb, Bally and Williams for EMs. I was happy to get Wild Card.

So I guess not all.

(Although I do want all of the 70s Gottliebs you mentioned.)

I should have been more clear. I didn't mind getting Spanish Eyes at all (and Wild Card which I had never played) and of course assumed more Gottliebs would come later, and when i said all i should have said that much of the discussion in the forums wanted to see the [perhaps limited in number of tables] licenses for Bally/Williams be used for solid state games and Gottlieb for the EM's, playing to the strengths.

So I wasn't trying to speak for all the audience but instead thinking that Farsight going for the William's EM's was unexpected and perhaps the reason was they had used their allotment of Gottlieb tables.

Bottom line is I love EM's (and mostly pre DMD solid states) and if they still have the ability to produce Gottliebs I sure wish they would. But it's starting to sound like this is the end of the line.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I, too, haven't checked in here for a while and was just curious on any news. It seems TPA is dying a slow death which sucks because it's been a big part of my entertainment for six or seven years.

I just wish they'd take advantage of the Gottlieb license (assuming they still have it for new tables which they may not - otherwise why do Spanish Eyes and Wild Card when all the EM enthusiasts wanted 70's Gottliebs). I understand they wouldn't sell as well as flashy 90's Bally/William's but it seems some allocation of resources could be put to that.

I wonder how much it would take to convince them. Knowing they would get some sales on EM's, how much would they need up front to be convinced to do say, Royal Flush, Spirit of 76, Atlantis, and Surf Champ? My abilities to realistically maintain actual machines are diminishing and I think I'd rather put my gameroom money towards preservations of these classics. I thought vpx might satisfy me as apparently it's an easier install these days but watching vids just showed me how many of the EM's have the rule sets implemented incorrectly. I trust Farsight to do it right.

How much do they need to do the above four tables? 25k? I'd kick in at least a 1000. I want these games done right.

Maybe still unrealistic.

I wouldn't contribute to any future FarSight kickstarters. Twilight Zone-gone. ST:TnG-gone. T2-gone. Dr. Who-gone. AC/DC-gone.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
I’d be happy to see anything with flippers at this point.

I know Farsight doesn't do originals but just IMAGINE if they did. Them other guys haven't done any originals in eons and the other, other guys with the italian name gave originals a try but ... meh. (except shutyertraps voice over) I'd love to see Farsight get Jersey Jack or Spooky.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I know Farsight doesn't do originals but just IMAGINE if they did. Them other guys haven't done any originals in eons and the other, other guys with the italian name gave originals a try but ... meh. (except shutyertraps voice over) I'd love to see Farsight get Jersey Jack or Spooky.

Thanks for the compliment!

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014

Wait.....wasn't that Dr. Who Master of Time table an original?

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Wait.....wasn't that Dr. Who Master of Time table an original?

I'm not sure I'd count either that or the mobile Ghostbusters tables as they were just alterations of existing tables rather than something they built from scratch.

Dakota Mike

Aug 20, 2019
One Gottlieb table that I'd love to see digitezed, but that I never hear talked about, is Sinbad. Its a very early SS from 1978, so it plays a lot like an EM machine, and it still has bell-chime sounds instead of the mostly-awful early-digital sounds. Its a double-flipper pin that I've always gotten a kick out of. Its a nice challenge to get all the pop-up targets down before your ball drains. Its got a fun spinner and some nice rules. It is a licensed IP, but it would have to be very cheap to get the rights because Sinbad is basically unknown in this day and age. Anyone else played this one and think it would make a good digital table?

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
One Gottlieb table that I'd love to see digitezed, but that I never hear talked about, is Sinbad. Its a very early SS from 1978, so it plays a lot like an EM machine, and it still has bell-chime sounds instead of the mostly-awful early-digital sounds. Its a double-flipper pin that I've always gotten a kick out of. Its a nice challenge to get all the pop-up targets down before your ball drains. Its got a fun spinner and some nice rules. It is a licensed IP, but it would have to be very cheap to get the rights because Sinbad is basically unknown in this day and age. Anyone else played this one and think it would make a good digital table?

Sinbad is an interesting table, mainly from an IP standpoint. It is based on the Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger movie which was done by Columbia Pictures, and since Columbia Pictures had just recently purchased Gottlieb, the powers that be thought this would be a great way to create a synergy between the two divisions.

Anyway, all of the media IP associated with this table is now controlled by Sony and would be extremely expensive to license.

Oh, and there are EM and SS versions of this table with slight rule differences.

Last edited:

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
I'm not sure I'd count either that or the mobile Ghostbusters tables as they were just alterations of existing tables rather than something they built from scratch.

Ghostbusters Mobile is a re-skin, but Dr Who Master of Time is an original table made from scratch.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
There's also another EM version of Sinbad that's called Eye of the Tiger. It's even rarer than the EM Sinbad.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Well, it does use the same layout.

It uses a very similar layout, but if you consider these to be the same (which last I checked means identical), then I suppose you also think that only a handful of truly unique EM tables were ever made.

Do we want to continue this battle of pedants?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I’m not trying to battle. When the boys at FarSight first told me of it, they told me it was a reskin with all new graphics and DMD. It’s the same with Pinball Tournaments app where it’s a reskin of Fireball and slight alteration of rules. So in terms of how the built the tables, it started with a reskin.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
I’m not trying to battle. When the boys at FarSight first told me of it, they told me it was a reskin with all new graphics and DMD. It’s the same with Pinball Tournaments app where it’s a reskin of Fireball and slight alteration of rules. So in terms of how the built the tables, it started with a reskin.

Have you played both tables? They are clearly not the same layout, you know, they don't even have the same number of flippers, targets, etc.

Anyway, during the Kickstarter they called this the "Regenerated" version and were planning on just using the newer Doctors and a modern storyline alteration to the DMD. This didn't work out (as no one wanted to play (and Farsight realized they couldn't expect anyone that wasn't a backer to pay for) the original table with just crappy new artwork slapped on) so it got more customization to the point where Farsight felt they could justify it as a stand alone purchase and not just be a 'freebie' for those who had already purchased the season pack.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
heres an interesting thought, semi off topic... allot of buzz is going around about ps5 being completely backwards compatible and word is all your digital purchases from the 4 will all be accessible and playable on the 5... now here's what im wondering, all the wiliams/bally farsight tables will they transfer over or is there some type of legal crap that would prevent that sort of a thing? they might start treating consoles like steam on pc as it looks like the new goal for playstation and xbox is to be 100% backwards compatible. i think this could float in fact i think they have some type of legal writing for game developers in the contracts that they can put new versions of systems out and the games will transfer to them, like how they released the pro and x for example.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.