Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AtGames Legends pinball

My Devices
    Android, iOS, Mac
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not experienced any discernible flipper lag on mine for internal tables or FX3 or VPX tables over OTG.

My Devices
    PC, Android
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has just popped up on my youtube feed, first pack of Taito pinball tables releasing in July.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TirCeQmVmS4

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I changed the master volume to 70, FX volume to 15, and Music volume to 3. That seems to work better. I’m wondering if the device volume < master volume.

Also, it helps to put a bit of weight down on the bottom left hand of machine while playing.

My Devices
    iPad Pro, iPhone X, VPCabs Vertigo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw that the first of the promised Taito tables will be released on July 4th!

These tables are being developed for Legends Pinball by Magic Pixel -- *not* FarSight Studios. I thought it had been reported earlier that FarSight was developing the Taito tables?? I guess FarSight just can't be bothered to develop Pinball tables anymore ...

*** EDIT ***
    I just saw that this information had already been provided by "wilbers" above.
    Sorry for the replication!
    Last edited by vfpcoder; 06-17-2021 at 01:35 PM.

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm almost tempted to pick one of these up. Are you guys still seeing input lag on FX3/VPX tables? That's the only thing that makes me hesitate.

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at videos, looks like the OTG is pretty lag free. Were you talking about the Cloud streaming in regards to lag?

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a qtr a sec lag on the flipper. It could just be my laptop OTG.

My Devices
    Android, iOS, Mac
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Strong View Post
    Looking at videos, looks like the OTG is pretty lag free. Were you talking about the Cloud streaming in regards to lag?
    I have no discernible lag over OTG. I do not use the cloud streaming feature.

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback, fellas. I've been a bit out of the loop lately on digital pinball, so I really appreciate it. I kind of wish the HDMI/USB plugs were on the side or something so you could hide the cables a bit easier. However, it's really nice that they have those ports on the stock units at all. To me, this seems like a much better option than the 1Up machines in general, at least from my limited research this far, or is there something I'm overlooking about 1Up? They seem to be underpowered and laggy, plus 720p is a drag, but it sounds like you can add a PC inside and mod to run at 1080p? I guess I like the idea of having PC supported out of the box without mods, but hiding a spare PC inside has it's benefits. However, this thing would probably be parked right next to my gaming desktop PC that has an RTX 3080 so I don't mind using that to do the grunt work.
    Last edited by Jeff Strong; 06-19-2021 at 04:20 PM.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I’ve seen online, AtG PL is a level or two above Arcade 1up. The 720p v 1080p seals it.

My Devices
    iPad Pro, iPhone X, VPCabs Vertigo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Legends” offers all of this over Arcade1UP:

* 32” main screen vs 24” on the Arcade1UP.
    * 15.6” combined DMD/Backglass screen vs 7.5” DMD screen.
    * 1080p vs 720p
    * WiFi Connectivity for firmware updates. (Absolutely essential for complex games like this.)
    * Twenty-Two initial tables vs ten
    * Expandable to over 150 tables with full native support (Plunger; accelerometer; haptic feedback.)
    * Expandable with Arcade Control Panel for vertical game support.
    * Expandable with VIBS board to turn the entire cabinet into a “slave” for a PC — No modding required. With the VIBS board add-on, just press a button to switch between native mode and “PC slave” mode.

Not much debate on which cabinet provides the most value/versatility!

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks! That definitely makes it quite convincing when you lay it out like that.

I'm mostly interested in hooking up my own PC for FX3, although I do dig the Magic Pixel stuff and playing with haptic would be lovely.

Any of you guys tried the VIBS board? Or is OTG enough for you?
    Last edited by Jeff Strong; 06-20-2021 at 09:32 PM.

My Devices
    Android, iOS, Mac
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But the A1Up machines are gorgeous and they are way easier to "pick up and play". I went a bit crazy and got AfM and Marvel. Love them.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by strells View Post
    But the A1Up machines are gorgeous and they are way easier to "pick up and play". I went a bit crazy and got AfM and Marvel. Love them.
    And if the OTG is working, one can play the AfM tables on the AtG LP machine. No haptic, but it'll look bigger and cleaner.

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you able to adjust the brightness on the playfield? My eyes are sensitive to light so I tend to prefer things dimmer than most folks.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Strong View Post
    Are you able to adjust the brightness on the playfield? My eyes are sensitive to light so I tend to prefer things dimmer than most folks.
    There is a Daytime, Afternoon, and Nighttime lighting setting. I haven't scoured the settings otherwise for other brightness settings.

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yespage View Post
    There is a Daytime, Afternoon, and Nighttime lighting setting. I haven't scoured the settings otherwise for other brightness settings.
    Very nice! That's definitely going to come in handy.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Presumably OTG brightness is handled by the PC.

One thing that can get lost in the confusion (at least for me) is there are three (?) volume controls. There is the master table volume settings. Then there is the volume at the menu which impacts the tables, and then a third volume on the tables themselves which seems to have less impact than the volume at the menu level.

One odd thing I’m finding is the machine almost has too many tables. It is going to fall apart before I get good with most of them.

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yespage View Post
    Presumably OTG brightness is handled by the PC.
    Hmm, I'll be using a desktop. Gaming monitors have their own hardware brightness controls. AFAIK, only laptops allow you to adjust brightness in Windows because of the embedded screen, but that also doesn't apply to an external monitor from what I remember at least.
    Last edited by Jeff Strong; 06-22-2021 at 08:50 PM.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a video card, there should be options on brightness and color adjustments via the card's settings (e.g. Nvidia Control Panel).

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to be more of a gamma adjustment of sorts since it doesn't change the brightness of your monitor's backlight, but it is helpful if you have no way to adjust the monitor itself, and could also help to further dial things in to you liking, so thanks for letting us know.

https://hardforum.com/threads/how-do...trast.1994722/
    Last edited by Jeff Strong; 06-27-2021 at 09:53 PM.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OTG-wise, Steam Summer sale is a great time to get the FX3 tables. Though I really only prefer the Williams ones, though for whatever reason I have most of the Star Wars tables, which I didn't know.

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ars Technica review:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/...choice-mostly/

They recently reviewed 1Up as well, so they are compared and trashed as well.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say that is a pretty fair review. Goettlieb tables out of the box were already an issue as far as content worth playing, but adding exciter speaker issues makes it difficult to play the ones that are good tables. Also, they don't look quite as sharp as the Zaccaria tables. They are right the add-on capacity is substantial over the Arcade1up and the Wifi is great (I've had speeds of excess of 100 Mbps). Without Zaccaria, however, this table becomes more a pinball monitor via OTG. It has the size, but the Goettlieb content is underwhelming, about 30% worth playing. With Zaccaria, it is almost overwhelming, the number of good looking tables to play. They didn't give enough props for the 1080p over 720p, specifically regarding the table instructions and most of the wording on the table itself being legible. That is a discrete, but important touch. Logging in, yeah, putting input it is a pain, and it was disappointing how the table menu can't be better organized, but that is more First World problems. The backglass, is one last hurrah for the AtGames. Seeing scores on the back glass and even the High Score on some tables is a very notable plus! It is smallish, which takes a little away from it, but overall, having the backglass images and scores is very nice. Even if a number of Zaccaria tables run over their room allotted for the scores.

I disagree the speakers aren't good. Seem fine to me. A1up could very well be better.

My one complaint is the instructions are very good for assembly, but don't go into details regarding the volume controls, with there being effectively three sets of volume control! Once I figured out the menu volume control was the master level volume, it was easier to control the sound.

My one huzzah reflection is that you have to buy stuff on the website and put in a code to download, which means I don't need to worry about my kid buying something!

If someone bought this for Goettlieb, they'll be used to disappointment, so they'll be fine. Otherwise, I think the pros definitely out weigh the cons.

My Devices
    Android, iOS, Mac
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't get over them praising nudge buttons in that review! While for some reason the accelerometer doesn't work over OTG, having physical buttons for nudge is next to useless. My Pinscape board will fix that ;-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast