"Deluxe Android version of Pro Pinball" free at Amazon

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
has it been released on the regular google play store? do devs get paid a fee for amazon specials? seems alittle weird really

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
has it been released on the regular google play store? do devs get paid a fee for amazon specials? seems alittle weird really

Someone on that Facebook page asked, "Will this be available on Google Play?????", and Pro Pinball replied with "Yes."

I was just able to download it from Amazon (indeed for free) using the link I just added to my first post. I don't see it yet in Google Play.

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
The download from Amazon worked onto my both Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) and onto my wife's Kindle Fire HDX. I got an Unavailable message when I tried to get it for my pretty old Kindle Fire HD, which makes sense since this particular Fire of mine has an older generation processor.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Yep I'm downloading it now. Was more of a pain to get onto my tablet than my 'phone, because of different Amazon apps (and possibly different set ups from Samsung / LG?)

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
finally........... I wonder will this one work better than TPA on my tab. And what does that "deluxe" actually means? Is it defferent than GP version?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
finally........... I wonder will this one work better than TPA on my tab. And what does that "deluxe" actually means? Is it defferent than GP version?

Can't say I know what it means either. I've never played any of the Pro Pinball games before. But free is free is free, so I'm not going to pass it up.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Playing on Galaxy S5 on high detail setting is laggy, such a shame as runs much better on my old iPad.
For the record I'd rather buy outright then play for free on Amazon Underground.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013

The Amazon page says, "Pro Pinball, the world's most realistic pinball simulation is back, better than ever! Featuring the first of the ULTRA editions - Pro Pinball: Timeshock!"

So, this does appear to be one of the long awaited results from the July-Sept 2013 Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/500643708/pro-pinball-timeshock-the-ultra-edition-0/description

It's extremely late since Pro Pinball producer predicted the following during the Kickstarter, "Please note that we will need more time to develop these other versions, so they are likely to be released either Q1 or Q2 of 2014."

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Plays okay at Medium on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0" (4.4.2), albeit it was starting to show some slowdowns in multi-balls. Now, if someone would actually tell me how to play this game....

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
Why do you have to get the Amazon "Underground" version? Why can't I just buy it outright from the regular Amazon Appstore?

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Why do you have to get the Amazon "Underground" version? Why can't I just buy it outright from the regular Amazon Appstore?

Yes, very stupid. I've tried to uninstall the Amazon Underground app after the timeshock installation. Not possible. Anyway, the Android is not my platform, still waiting for the PC version...

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
Underground has replaced the App Store.

As I understand it, Underground replaced the main Amazon shopping app, not the regular Amazon Appstore. Besides the (in my opinion important) issues with it having even more intrusive permissions than the regular Amazon Appstore, it isn't compatible with a LOT of Android devices. Ironically, Underground won't even run on a number of Amazon devices (Fire TV Stick, old Kindle Fire, etc.). Frankly, I hope the Underground stays separate from the main Amazon Appstore. I would rather pay for software and not be monitored/datamined as much. Sadly, this seems to be the industry trend and even MS has gotten onboard.

Maybe I'll just wait for the PC version. I hope one is coming.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
As I understand it, Underground replaced the main Amazon shopping app, not the regular Amazon Appstore. Besides the (in my opinion important) issues with it having even more intrusive permissions than the regular Amazon Appstore, it isn't compatible with a LOT of Android devices. Ironically, Underground won't even run on a number of Amazon devices (Fire TV Stick, old Kindle Fire, etc.). Frankly, I hope the Underground stays separate from the main Amazon Appstore. I would rather pay for software and not be monitored/datamined as much. Sadly, this seems to be the industry trend and even MS has gotten onboard.

Maybe I'll just wait for the PC version. I hope one is coming.

On Android, there is a new Amazon App Store that combines the App Store and "traditional" shopping app (though there is still a separate shopping App). This has replaced the old App Store app. "Underground" is part of this new Amazon App Store.

The new App isn't actually called "Amazon Underground". It's just called "Amazon", because it combines the old App Store, the new Underground section, and the "traditional" shopping app.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.