Digital Pinball Fans Update!

Grant

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 29, 2022
Hi all

DPF has had a lick of paint and an upgrade. Please read this first and if you have any issues please let me know!

FAQS

Hold on, I thought the site was going to be closed, and now it's not closed? What's the deal with that?

Check out this page for more info

Why change the forum software, it was fine as it was?

Sadly the previous software (vBulletin 4) has not been supported by it's makers for around 5 years, and the software itself is around 12 years old. Using old software on the web isn't great for security reasons, and as DPF is going to stick around for a few more years yet, it makes sense to keep it safe.

We've also upgraded the server to a secure https:// one

There will be bugs and teething issues, but one by one we'll blast 'em!

What is this new software?

The new software is called XenForo 2, and if you use other forums on the internet such as IGN or Pinballinfo then you 've probably come across it.

It's actually made by the same guys who made the previous forum software (vBulletin), they basically left the company and set up on their own. As such there is lot's that is very similar, as it's essentially a spiritual successor

I can't log in

You should be able to log in using the same credentials as before, if not you can reset your password at this link here https://pinballarcadefans.com/lost-password

Contact me if you are unable to get in using the contact form here

Please let me know if you have any questions, or find any bugs or anything, and I'll do my best to answer them

Last edited:

Grant

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 29, 2022
Also

I still need to fiddle with permissions - so there may be forums you used to be able to access, but are no longer able to - that should be resolved in the next few days

Speaking of forums. I've had a little reorganisation to represent how people play digital pinball today (rather than having Farsight at the top) - please let me know if you can't find something or have any feedback

Grant

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 29, 2022
Update:

New registrations and email sending are currently turned off. We'll get emails back on ASAP, and sort registrations out once I've double checked all the spam settings!

Update 8 Sept. Email back on

Last edited:

Grant

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 29, 2022
It appears there are some issues with posts going straight into moderation, so I'll approve any that end up in there, and have a proper look at it later

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Grant, thanks for keeping this alive. It one of the few forums I have really enjoyed over the years.
Now if we can just get some of these companies to start cranking out some new digital pins for us.

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
^^I know right, where has all the digital pinball gone/ HA

On a side note i grabbed a steam deck of late and pinball arcade and pinball stern work great on it, my 70 plus tables on PA while i lounge in comfort in my comfy chair are great. :)

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Just came back to see if I could take a final look around, figuring it might have been bulldozed like many other sites and forums that I frequented in the early part of the century.
I really appreciate the save and resurrection. It's been hard to find info on updates without having to wade into the internet up over my knees - maybe it's my age but if info doesn't appear in front of me after the first couple of clicks then I wander off. The site has a new coat of paint but it's a familiar place to stroll around in.

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
^^I know right, where has all the digital pinball gone/ HA

On a side note i grabbed a steam deck of late and pinball arcade and pinball stern work great on it, my 70 plus tables on PA while i lounge in comfort in my comfy chair are great. :)

Have you tried Pinball HD Collection? I love my Steam Deck too, first portable system I have enjoyed in a long time.

Mar 9, 2012
4 different forums i visited tonight have the exact same dating post by a longtime member.. so either they use the same passwords or possible forum backdoor..

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.