Table of the Week Club...Week 31: LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
For the record, nobody on set these days actually says Lights, Camera, Action! like the title of our TotW would have you think. It's more like "Roll sound...sound speed...Camera speed...Marker (that's my job right there, clapping the slate)...Action! I'm also not sure how poker hands have anything to do with making a film. Silly Gottlieb. So yeah, I'll be the guy pointing out all the Hollywood inaccuracies while you all can share your tips and strategies for knocking off wizard goals like a quick draw and scoring huge like a leading man. Or lady. Whatever!

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
My strategy is shoot for the poker hands all day and try and get decent awards from them. One and two pair award Mystery, which has a chance of giving you a valuable award, and the other pairs award the elusive Select-a-Feature, which allows you to choose which award you want. Always go for either 1 million or Multiball, as the other features (ex. Jackpot scene, stunt scene) are way too risky to score any points. If you do collect those scenes, time them out, as they're not worth going for.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Jackpot scene is only risky if you play it wrong. it's definitely worth taking from select a feature if it comes up. If you drain going for those drop targets, you are doing it wrong. I can collect the jackpot every time.

Now stunt scene, on the other hand. that one is death, and you don't have to play it at all to get credit.

Poker hands are good, and it also keeps kickback lit, which is very important.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Whoever designed this table had some nice ideas - the rotating ramp/uturn, the kickers etc, but the execution is just horrible. The million shot is at an almost impossible angle to shoot, and the modes are terrible. Shooting poker hands over and over is easy but boring/repetitive. What could have been a decent table turned out a real stinker. Worst one in TPA? I'm glad I never got around to play BSD last week so I can focus on that instead. Talk about contrast in table quality! :)

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I stopped playing this table when I had all wizard goals about a year ago. I can't say I'd miss this table if it disappeared from the list of my tables. I probably wouldn't even notice.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Whoever designed this table had some nice ideas - the rotating ramp/uturn, the kickers etc, but the execution is just horrible. The million shot is at an almost impossible angle to shoot, and the modes are terrible. Shooting poker hands over and over is easy but boring/repetitive. What could have been a decent table turned out a real stinker. Worst one in TPA? I'm glad I never got around to play BSD last week so I can focus on that instead. Talk about contrast in table quality! :)
The thing I hate about this table "is" that u-turn ramp. It takes so long to cycle. That and the L.C.A "event".

Bleh.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I stopped playing this table when I had all wizard goals about a year ago. I can't say I'd miss this table if it disappeared from the list of my tables. I probably wouldn't even notice.
This is an interesting question to ask yourself. I might just steal this for an episode if you don't mind, Xanija.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012

Even with it in my list, I still don't notice it.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Don't know why, don't know how, but I collected the "Blockbuster special" without knocking down the drop targets 66 times!

It collected shooting the left trail that leads to the shootout hole. Yet according to the instructions, that's not a place to collect a special. I've had the spinner lit for special before, and hit it, without triggering the wizard reward. Was very bizarre, but I'll take it! That was truly one of the more annoying wizard goals I've experienced.

Best I ever did was collecting B-L-O-C-K-B-U

Fortunately I hate this table enough to never feel the urge to collect it legitimately!

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
You may have collected the Special at the spinner, which usually is the same place after you spell Blockbuster.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
"Million Lit", "Million Lit"............

I try to complete as many hands as I can. Most of the time it's just a fight to keep the ball alive. Don't really hate this table but, it's low on the list for me.

Back to practice the TofTW tables. It seems when I learn more of the rules and game play of a table, my scores take a hit.:(

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
In MB you can reliably hit the Jackpot from the right flipper by bouncing the ball of the "W" of the (china)"TOWN" target. With some adept balljuggling you can hit multiple jackpots this way.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
You may have collected the Special at the spinner, which usually is the same place after you spell Blockbuster.

Except I didn't. The goal notice popped up right after shooting the ball up the left and into the shootouts hole.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Yeah, i randomly got the goal for no reason too when i played that table. Not as hilarious as getting the end of the road goal for earthshaker by overshooting the skillshot, though. :) (hint. same sound effect)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts