Table of the Week Club...Week 32: DR. DUDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
My life was dull, my life was sad, 'til shutyertrap did something rad!
Always be excellent - never be rude. The Table of the Week is Dr. Dude!

An interesting spin of the wheel o' random, in that as much as I hated the art on LCA, plenty of others hate the art on this one. At least this one is consistent with its look! Also interesting in that we had the pseudo sequel to this in last month's groupings with Party Zone. I personally prefer this one if nothing more for the sheer fact that Captain B. Zarre kinda creeps me out. Also, System 11.

Anyway, post your thoughts, strategies, and lame raps below. The wizard goals are nothing more than a few hours worth of effort, which gives you plenty of time for more important things like...

TOURNAMENT OF THE MONTH!!

Yep, it's here already. As a reminder, the four tables being played are:
  • Cirqus Voltair
  • Bram Stoker's Dracula
  • Lights...Camera...Action!
  • Dr. Dude
We will be giving away 6 copies of TAF on Xbox 360 as well as a Custom Shooter Rod from Wizard Amusements. Hot damn!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
One of the recently tuned tables, if I'm not mistaken. Let's see if we can hit Gift Of The Gab from a running shot on the left flipper!

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Prefer this over The Party Zone. Going to be an interesting mix of tables for the next tournament.

If the latest newsletter is correct, PS3 users will soon be able to add 5 more tables in the mix.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013

Fungi :p

I'm not a huge fan of this table, but if you take it as a parody of late 80s - early 90s culture, it suddenly becomes pretty decent. This is a table where it's easy to get Multiball going, but remember to plunge the ball shortly so you get a straight feed to the right flipper.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

I'm not a huge fan of this table, but if you take it as a parody of late 80s - early 90s culture, it suddenly becomes pretty decent.

Ah, viewed from the lens of someone that wasn't around for the 80's or 90's! Because tables like this and Radical had no self parody at all going for them when produced. They were simply tying in to what was hot at the time. A doctor wearing a leopard print suit coat? No stranger than a detective wearing a pastel suit with t-shirt and no socks on Miami Vice!

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Ah Miami Vice. Why didn't they do a pinball table for that show..?
Music and art alone would be killer.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Ah Miami Vice. Why didn't they do a pinball table for that show..?
Music and art alone would be killer.

Premiere's driveway cheese.

hollywood-heat_2460.jpg

invitro

May 4, 2012
I hope mobile devices will be able to handle this machine's software by then...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.