Has FarSight mentioned if older tables will get the Xenon flipper physics?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Just wondering if FarSight has mentioned somewhere something about whether the pre-Xenon tables on PS4 will get the newer flipper physics that allow for live catches and so forth--which as far as I can tell are currently only on Xenon, Red & Ted's, and Safe Cracker. I heard that on Android they did go in and update the older tables with the newer physics at some point; I know they are somewhat reluctant to do mass updates on older tables on PS4, but uh...I hope they do it at some point. Any word?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Nothing about physics 3.0 on the older tables for the consoles versions.

Back in time, when FS released Xenon on PC with the new physics, they said that Big Shot has also been updated in the same time. I don't know if it's the case on consoles.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
On PS3, Cyclone and Jack*Bot have the physics 3.0 (many live catches) because 5 tables (including Xenon) have been released at the same time (Cyclone, J*B, Xenon, RS and SC).

I tried Big Shot and there's no new physics on it.

Like you, I'm worry about one thing: if FS has to add the new physics table per table, it means they have to update the DLC packs on the Store (like it was done for the PS3 superpatch), and it will require to download the packs again...

Will this happen? Nothing is less sure. :(

Zabu

Feb 5, 2013
Like you, I'm worry about one thing: if FS has to add the new physics table per table, it means they have to update the DLC packs on the Store (like it was done for the PS3 superpatch), and it will require to download the packs again...

Will this happen? Nothing is less sure. :(

On PS4, I think all the tables are included in the main game, with the purchases just unlocking them, that's why when they had their screwed up patch people were able to play all the tables even without downloading anything extra. It also explains why when you get a table off of the store it doesn't download anything.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Considering it's fully implemented on PC on all tables, I'm sure it's only a matter of time to do so on PS4. Probably waiting on doing a patch update.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
To be honest, I was a bit surprised that they are going to continue PS3/Vita support with a season 5, let alone update physics. PS3's time is waning and the Vita hasn't exactly taken the world by storm.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
"Super Bump!"

I tried Big Shot and there's no new physics on it.

I just played it on the PS4 the other day and noticed it has the 3.0 physics update.
http://youtu.be/GoCND7zZPDM
You can see it looks more realistic and I managed to perform a few Drop Catches.
For example, one at 5:22

I wonder what made them choose Big Shot as the only older table to receive the 3.0 update. I was hoping they would start to add this to more PS4 tables.
Once you start playing with the 3.0 physics ball the older versions just don't seem as good anymore.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
"Super Bump!"

I just played it on the PS4 the other day and noticed it has the 3.0 physics update.

I meant on PS3. :(

I played a long game on Big Shot (~350K) after the last PS3 update, and I didn't succeed to perform a Drop Catch. However, due to the placebo effect, I found the physics better, I don't know why (maybe because I beat my highscore? ^^).

Ill give another shot this week-end.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
They updated PC first, I believe. Mobile is next. The consoles are after that, mostly due to the P in the A submission process, I'd imagine.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts