No frankenstein on Steam - It's been a week!

Robobi

Jan 31, 2015
My Steam on Mac still has not updated to have Frankenstein...even though It says it was released on Steam a week ago.

What is going on?

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
third straight release I got notified via email newsletter a table is now released for OSX Steam, only to find it has NOT

It's like your parents yelling up the stairs "Get down here! Santa was here! RUN!"
"O-boy O-boy ~ this going to be great!!!! Santa never disapooooooooints...... What kind of sick joke is this!?!?!? There's nothing under the tree!
And you look over at your expression-less parents slurping down their coffee
"Hello!?!?!? Did you not just yell up the stairs Santa was here?!?!?! what the heck gives?"
Parents to each: "Why yes, that would be a fun table to do" *slurp*
"Are you fricken kidding me?!?!?! you guys are sick! ....SICK!!!! Hello?!?!?! don't ignore me!!!!"

One Month Later:
"O-boy O-boy!!! no way they would do that again!
....grrrr I got fooled again! so not cool"

Another Month Later
"Nope - nope! not falling for that same BS again!
yet... maybe.... O-boy O-boy
D-OH!!!! not again..... WTH? *groan*...."

You know - It wasn't even funny the first time

MagnumXL

Apr 23, 2013
Frankenstein? What about No Fear? Steam says it was released on Nov 27th, but they must mean Windows only. It says iOS version released so now the Mac version appears to be behind all the other versions. I just got a FireTV. It'd be nice if I could play that version without having to re-buy all the tables again (they don't even transfer between the Apple Store version and Steam; I re-bought over $100 worth of tables to get the Steam set later on so I could get the PC set as well (have complete Steam set).

I never liked Frankenstein at the arcade, but No Fear was awesome. It was the very first table I made completely by myself for Visual Pinball over a decade ago.

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
Pinball Arcade Newsletter 43 - September 18, 2015
F-14 Tomcat™ has just been released for iOS, Steam (Mac/Windows), Mac App Store, Google Play, Amazon and Ouya!
(actual Steam Mac released September 21, 2015)

Pinball Arcade Newsletter 44 - October 23, 2015
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein™ has just been released for Steam (Mac/Windows)!
(actual Steam Mac released November 2, 2015

Pinball Arcade Newsletter 45 - November 27, 2015
No Fear™ has just been released for iOS, Steam (Mac/Windows), Google Play and Amazon
(actual Steam Mac released *still pending as of Dec 1st*)

If there are issues holding up the release, I'm fine with the delays, I'd rather get a late working version.
But sending out mass newsletter emails saying it's been released for Steam Mac, when it actually hasn't, is just....
They really don't have to be dishonest like this, what would they have to gain from it?
They announce delays with other devices.
I really don't get it.
Just be honest.... "Steam Mac is delayed" (Ok, I'm won't get all excited yet then, thanks for the truthful heads up!)
But yet, 3 months in a row.... Steam Mac is released! Go get it and enjoy! ....sic! (btw, we'll get you again next month!)

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
Ok, announcement on Facebook that Judge Dredd for Steam Mac is now out.
I have a feeling if I go check, it's not going to actually be there....

App Store and IOS Just showed update.... But could it actually be there for Steam?
But yet... I have a feeling it's not going to be released on Steam Mac
Do I dare bother to go look?

Someone give some me good news

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
*sigh* and it's not there :( ~ four releases in a row now....

Judge Dredd™ has just been released for iOS, Steam (Mac/Windows), Mac App Store, Google Play, Amazon and Ouya!
NOPE - actual release for Steam Mac still pending

is this a 12 days of Christmas sick joke?
Why do you keep announcing releases for Steam Mac when it hasn't been released?
I really don't get this dishonest marketing strategy - is there actually something to gain from it?
Is it being done on purpose because we said "hey!" three times previously?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.